I trip really bad on weed. Why?

Discussion in 'General' started by xXpsychonautXx, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Before I get a torrent of comments stating, "It was laced," or, "You can't trip on weed," or "If you've done psychedelics in the past, smoking weed can trigger flashbacks," let me explain three things.
    1. I've never had laced weed. Proof? My friends are all sitting there like normal stoned people and I'm tripping balls.
    2. I've tripped every time I've smoked, which is around 25 times. Don't tell me that I can't, or that it's impossible, because I can, I do, and therefore it must be possible.
    3. It wasn't laced
    4. It wasn't laced
    5. Just in case you were wondering, it wasn't laced. I get that a lot when I ask people.

Also, to comment on my body size... I'm 5'3", very very short, especially for an 18 year old male, but I'm also decently built. I am very skinny and I have a very fast metabolism. I eat like a pig and don't gain a pound. I also have ADD.

Anyways... What do I mean when I say "trip"? When I get high, which for me usually takes 3 hits, but lord knows I smoke more, multiple things happen. I feel all wavy and bendy, kind of like I'm smoke. That's just typical light-headedness I suppose. I lose a lot of cognitive function. I am very slow to reply, can't think about anything really and basically I sort of fade out. I kind of just sit there, and trip.

My trips come in a few forms-- closed eye and mild hallucinations. I note that I am awake, and not asleep. I am capable of answering yes or no questions, but not much else. My closed eye visualizations are a combination of colorful patterns and wormholes. I get the sensation of flying through space, things of that nature, and sometimes I just see random cartoon like visualizations that go along with whatever song I am listening to. As for mild hallucinations, sometimes I see things kind of turn into other things for a second. I suppose that could just be daydreaming. Like my friend leaned over to dig something out of a bag or something and I swear it looked like he pulled a fish out of a fish tank, but when I blinked he was just holding a pencil. Usually this trippy feeling lasts for 30 minutes to an hour, and then I sort of act normal for being high.

Something happened last Friday. I got with a friend, and we smoked a blunt of some dank ass drell. It was the strongest strain I've ever smoked, period. And I completely tripped out. IT WAS NOT LACED, MY FRIEND WHO SMOKED IT WITH ME WAS JUST FINE AND HE DROVE COMPLETELY NORMAL. I lost nearly all cognitive sense, and went inside my head for a good few hours. I was completely faded, experiencing the strongest visualizations I had ever had. And I wanted it to stop but I couldn't keep my eyes open and ground myself. I basically just couldn't think at all. I got sick too, and there were times where I felt like I was falling into a wormhole that wasn't there, and the feeling of falling was intense.

Does anyone else experience trip-outs like this? It's every time I smoke, not ever that bad and I usually like it, but everyone else I talk to except one other friend says that it just makes them feel really good, and they all think I'm either lying or getting laced weed. It's not. So why do I trip? Any suggestions?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Sounds like you need to smoke less I wish I could get that high

• Like Like x 2
  3. You on any medications?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  4. Less of the good stuff definitely, but even just a small amount gets me tripping, more than I supposedly should. I don't mind it I just want to know why

Sent from my PRO7D using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. i see your screen name is "psychonaut"

have you taken any unmentionable hallucinogens lately

i know when ive taken hallucinogens lately weed may bring back flashback-like symptoms making me trip hard.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I agree that this is likely because of something else you have taken/done recently.

What prescriptions are you on?

7. What you call tripping I call a being high with a low tolerance. You just described what smoking weed was like in my first year of toking lol.

• Like Like x 5
  8. Honestly, you sound like you just have a low tolerance and have been getting really, really high. I'm a little jealous :smoke:

Seriously though, you sound like you need to try smoking less at a time. Don't try to keep up with your friends, especially if they're more experienced. Just take a couple hits, see how it does ya, then a couple more if you want, and so on. I think you're just getting too high to enjoy it. If that's not the case, perhaps weed just isn't for you. No drug is for everyone, and not much point in using it if you don't like it.

That's exactly what I thought. There's nothing unusual here you've just got into your head you're 'tripping'. Have you even taken drugs which make you trip? I'm guessing not or you'd know you're not tripping when this kind of stuff happens.

You're just new to smoking weed.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Yeah back when I started toking I had the whole closed eye hallucination thing and the wormhole feeling lol. And at the time I was ignorant enough to even call that tripping. I won't go into detail because of GC rules about drugs, but I can safely say that actually tripping on an unmentionable substance is nothing like being really really high on weed lol.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Enjoy it while yu can

Sent from my HTC Desire C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  12. Congratulations, you got high.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Just for acid reflux

14. I may or may not have hung with a certain Lucy, but I did trip on weed before that

15. I've done one of the stronger ones, yes, and its a completely different high. I didn't get so lost in my head on that one however

16. well lately I had this happen to me and I stopped weed and psychedelics for a few months. Then I came back and all was normal again. Maybe the first times u tripped from weed was just some good stuff

17. I've taken unmentionable drugs and there is indeed quite a difference, and I still stand by my statement that Im tripping. But I guess its not such a big deal since I see a lot of people saying its normal. It just worried me because none of my friends get like I do

18. PS the flashback ridden weed trips I tripped harder than the unmentionable trips. It was Cuz of a fungus though not the other

19. I think its possible that this time around that it could have been a flashback from... other stuff. It just worried me because it lasted like 4 hours of me having to be lead around like a mental person and tripping inside my own head. It was never quite like that before though