Ready for my next piece, is 1350 to much for this?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Thatgreenguy, Mar 30, 2014.

1. I've been searching and finally found it. It's the roor x illadelph collab, the illatech. The place wants 1500 for it but they went down to 1350. That is obviously a hefty price for a straight pipe but I'm in love with the idea of a roor and illadelph collab! What do I do?

2. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1396187160.997891.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I can't get past the $1350. sorry

4. If you wanna drop a grand for the fuck of it, do it.

I'd never pay anywhere near that much

5. The only way I tried to justify it is that the shop also had an illadelph coil piece for 900. For a little more I'm getting a rare collab piece. Any more insight and has anyone used that piece before?

6. up to you bro, i personally would never spend near that on a piece. id drop the one buy what would still be a very nice bong. and then throw that 1000 into parts for my computer, or just sell my current one for about 600 hundred and get a pretty powerful rig. 

7. Haha got an iMac so my computer needs are taken care of.

I have the cash but it does seem like an awful lot to drop at once. But I can't stop staring at it. Ugh what to do

8. This is what I own now and want to upgrade from. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1396190827.477747.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1396190837.643427.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1396190849.243012.jpg

9. For that much money the pieces you could get are Crazy

10. No way would I get that.  I wouldn't spend a ton on a flower tube unless it was old school SOV, nothing else seems to hold it's value.  Collabs are generally expensive cause it's 2 well known artists working on a piece, I doubt anybody, except the guys who made it, knows who was actually behind the torch.

If you really love it, get it, but there's not a ton of resale value in it so you better really love it.  

11. #11 Dr fumbles, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2014
    Well having a real roor will be an upgrade for sure. But for that much money Jesus Christ the piece you could get. Pretty much any toro besides a brand new double canister macaroon and sov pretty much outside of heady sov's. You could get a used mothership for that prices. AAnd the heady pieces you can afford for that much....

12. Dude take that money and buy a Peyote pillar hollowfoot with Ben Wilson slide.

13. If I were you I'd just get a mothership for that money

Who Dat!

14. iMac isnt what i mean bro, im talking a gaming rig not a desk decoration by apple. no offense

15. #15 DorianOmega, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2014
    short answer:

YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ITS TOO DAMN MUCH

16. If
    You happy with spending that much then go for it, if rather buy something really heady and scientific.
    But to each their own... Don't ask us! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. Just wanted some guidance. I can see that it's probably a silly buy for that much. I was hoping being a collab piece that it would hold its value, if not go up. But I can see that was me dreaming haha. Guess the journey continues for my next piece.

And does anyone have a glycerine coil? It seems like the majority of people think it's not worth the money.

18. Not coil but I bought a glycerin tube. I never use it because it never stays cold longer than like 30 mins.

19. If I were to drop 1350 on a piece it'd be a heady piece of functional art, not something brand name.

I mean, it's your money, but I wouldn't.

20. Id pass.....thats way too much for glass IMO