recirculate DWC

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by iNeedPot, Mar 30, 2014.

1. @dawill1967 @trueweedsmoker do you know by any chance if it's possible to increase the number of outputs? Cause if you're saying 1750gph is too much, maybe I can add more buckets to that pump so it'll balance itself?

2. Sure you can, 16 sounds about right.

3. #45 KouchLoch, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2014
    That thing connects to the single outlet air pump by a feeder hose. There's levers on each outlet to turn the air on or off. You can only connect one per air pump so you need to get the correct number of outlets you're going to need.

EDIT: Okay, wait, we're confusing air and water here. The last device you posted if for the air pump and air stones. The WATER pump is in GPH, the air pump is measured in LPH??? not sure, but we're talking about apples and oranges and confusing the issue. You need to move the water with a 1500gph pump and pump air through airstones with the first one you linked to me a couple pages ago.

4. 1750GPH or 110LPM (6600 LPH) is an AIRPUMP. I never mentioned anything about a waterpump

5. I misunderstood a few posts back... My crazy requires constant medication to keep it in check. I think I need a fix!

Simple answer now, is you can pump as MUCH air as you want into the buckets. The more the You don't want your res working the wrong way so you want to calculate water movement volume accordingly (which is what I though we were talking about). Gonna go get baked now... BBIAB.

6. Oh k..... so I guess I'll do 12/12. (24 buckets, 110LPH per 12 buckets.) Water pump, I'll get this I guess:
    http://www.amazon.com/Hydrofarm-AAPW800-800-GPH-Active-Submersible/dp/B0049XKMGQ/ref=sr_1_38?s=lawn-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1396206849&sr=1-38&keywords=water+pump
    800GPH, looks good, no?

7. I'm gonna have 2 rooms, one for flower, one for veg + cloning

8. @[member="dawill1967"] Enjoy btw!! I wish I could smoke some right now! I'll be in Barcelona in a few days, they have coffee shops there but honestly, I dont know If I'll buy some weed or not. I'm really running low on cash.

9. By the way, I'm searching for EC/PPM Meters to buy, all results are showing me TDS/EC none are showing me any PPM meters, I've done some research, it's showing me that the TDS tester is practically the same? even though TDS is slowly vanishing from the hydro world?

10. #53 trueweedsmoker, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2014
    Hey friend.....i use to do soil, they say hydro is harder but to me its easier.  You just have to stay on top of things.  As far as air a $10 walmart pump can push 2 buckets easy, thats the 60 gallon.  Each bucket will be 5 gallons so i would say use 25 + gallons pump per bucket.  so if you was to use 10 then that would be 2500 gallon.  Probably can go alot smaller thoe.
           If you want to use a reservoir instead of running each bucket singlely i would say a 35+ gallon tote or bucket that you can cover so light dont penetrate it.  connect each bucket to make sure that you will have an even flow and return back to the reservoir. So one bucket dont fill more than the others.  A simple trick i did was to get hose connectors so my hos runs to my first buckets that im using sort of like a control bucket even thoe i dont have none, and im marking my reservoir to know how high to fill it after the buckets are filled.  The garden hose runs to my first bucket that feeds the rest but can also be connected to a faucet to fill the reservoir.  or to pump out water.  If you have air pumps running your buckets then you wont need much circulation.  A 50 gallon water pump for 70 gallons would surfice, the reason i use a reservoir is to mix up nutes evenly, so i only have to ph the reservoir because i wont be able to enter the grow room regularly because im doing a scrog.  Checking ppm's or ec is a must in hydro, also epsom salt is your friend because you might have magnesium problems.  Also peroxide is a gift for fungus its provides the plants oxygen and plants using it grow better than the ones without. Also keep light out of your buckets and the temp of the buckets below 72 or you will get fungus, but is easily corrected with peroxide and colder temps. man i can go on and on......im no expert but i can help.

I just built the wall to my growroom so i wont start again until Tuesday when my beans arrive, I ordered

10. Exodus Cheese
    10. Emerald triangle seeds G13 x Blue berry Headband
    1. G13 Labs Seeds Blue OG                                                         free
    1. BlimBurn Seeds OG's Kush                                                       free
    1. BlimBurn Seeds Critical Automatic                                            free
    1. G13 Labs Seeds White Lavender                                               free
    8.  Emerald triangle seeds G13 x Blue berry Headband           free

i just built another room so thats what took me so long, I usually grow chemdog shit. like deadhead og, head band, so on.

But man you got this no problem, alot of people be like hydro ohhh its hard, but its simpler than soil, trust me.....its a walk in the part for you, everyones here to help everyone, i'll be following your grow for sure. I wanna see what you do...so i can say i told you so lol  OOh keep the tube to the side of the bucket and dont worry bout roots clogging tubes...they ball up into a knot they'll get bigger than this in hydro.

Oh another thing when you use air tube for your pumps on your buckets, place them high and run them to the bottom of the bucket, they'll tangle in the roots faster but not much and its better than springing a leak every blue moon.  If you do place em low use grommets.  Dont use organics in hydro your first go around.....remember as far as yield you'll likely pull a p. per 1000 watt light with the possibility of pulling 2 depending on your conditions.

roots.jpg

oh and the reason why some peoplerun buckets seperatly like i use to, is because in a reservoir if one plant get sick then they all will.

11. I'm just flushing my first DWC plant (8 ball kush) and had a twin in Coco...DWC grew alot bigger, has more weight hanging off it but I don't think I want to do again because I couldn't keep the PH correct 3 adjustments a day, airstones seemed to keep "plugging up", water pump intake kept plugging (easy fix) ...but the main reason is something only has to go "wrong" for a few hours and your crop is ruined.

oh...i would think with more than one bucket it might be nice to have a way to remove buckets without effecting the others.

12. #56 trueweedsmoker, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2014
    he's right.  sometimes ph will swing so its good to keep ph steady.  Sometimes you have to rinse out your stones and rocks to keep ph in track. Alotof peopledont know that there grow rocks swing the ph of there water. also if the room gets too hot the ph will rise fast.  hydro is less forgiving but easily fixed in minutes with nutes being available to plants imediately.  its all just all how you keep up with it.......its been many times that i havent even entered my grow room for over a week.  My buckets went bone dry.  Another good reason to get a res. A great nute for first time dwc is General hydroponics, just follow there chart.....but the best have to be Advanced nutrients ph perfect.  The ph stays perfect unless your conditions swing them.  When i use them i dont even worry about ph, it stays consistent for approx. 11 days