Legalized Weed Coming to Garden State?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by JohnPolt, Mar 29, 2014.

1. It will probably be a hot issue for the next  Governor since A bunch of states might legalize. Besides that I srsly doubt he is going down.

2. He just for cleared of all the bridge stuff he is not going anywhere unless he gets caught selling guns to gangs like our rep in ca. He already said hell no to legal and medical. He will only allow cbd only for children.

3. I want to watch him veto the bill after it passes the senate. Veto away your chance at any political future Chris!

4. Everyone hates him yet he got reelected.

5. Not in a two party landscape. This only "bolsters" his appeal to a certain far right segment. "The base" as they refer to it.
    This makes him even more "relevant" in the two party dichotomy. This is precisely a political move for these intended purposes.

6. Yep, and what better kind of candidate to put up against ANY other candidate on the other side of the aisle to insure victory for the other side. Ask John McCain and Mitt. Two party is played out.

7. I truthfully don't see us having a shot In hell while Christie is in office

8. Chris Christie - "If you want legalized marijuana elect a new govenor"

9. Spoken like a true mobster. #irony.

10. Now the douchebag's like yeah well maybe adults can have marijuana edibles. Could it be possible to sway his view on legalizing at a debate? Fat douche, fat chance.

11. Unfortunately, you are probably right...It isn't going to happen with Christie in office because he is EXTREMELY close-minded and thinks it sets a bad example for children...So does being 250 pounds overweight, yet thats cool.

12. Dear Fellow Jerseyian.

We need to push forward now with marijuana legalization. It's a critical time. There are two identical bills, one in the senate, the other in the assembly; they need support. Both bills are being reviewed by a judiciary committee. Most likely, without overwhelming support, the bills will never be passed on to a full senate and assembly vote. We need to reach out to the committees and we need to voice our opinions to the men in power who decide the law. We need to spread the word to get other voices to speak up. We need to show overwhelming support for the bills, NJ Senate Bill - S1896 and NJ Assembly Bill - A3094. If we fail to voice our opinions, fail to provide overwhelming support for the bills, it won't be democracy that has failed us, it will be us that have failed our democracy.

Contact John F McKeon, chair of the Assembly Judiciary Committee:
    http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/members/BIO.asp?Leg=207

Contact Nicholas P. Scutari, chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee:
    http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/members/BIO.asp?Leg=237

13. #15 Rinoa, Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2014
    I live in Oregon, and I'm terrified of legalization. I honestly hope that it NEVER happens here (although, let's be real, we're a bunch of hippie liberals, so it's pretty much inevitable).

In the short amount of time since I began using medical marijuana, I've noticed a HUGE difference in my disease. Huge. I was about to have surgery because nothing was working for me, but no more. Now, I'm doing okay. Both my pain and my symptoms are under control. I struggle to afford my medication as is, but I make it work. That said, when I initially heard of legalization, my first thought was, "Great, that will enable the government to tax the shit out of it." Judging by Colorado and Washington, I wasn't wrong, either. Now, because of people who just want to get high, medical marijuana users are paying the price. I don't want to become one of those people.

Don't get me wrong, I don't support criminalization. I have always held the opinion that marijuana is a far healthier "drug" than cigarettes and alcohol. It just fucking sucks that the government has to dip their greedy hands into fucking everything and screw it all up.

14. You guys in New Jerse know what you have to do... GET THIS GUY OUT OF OFFICE!!! I would so visit NJ if it was recreational there 

15. Just moved from Socal about a year ago. If anyone can be nice enough to point me in the right direction that would be great. Ill smoke with ya. Maybe we can even be friends. 

16. I've said it before and I will again...C. Christie is a walking turd. That fat fuck has no concept of the reality of the people.  He is not only close minded but also a cop at heart (let's remember he was a prosecutor for the state before becoming gov.). Let's hope his kids get arrested for mj possession and he gets cancer and can't eat because of chemo. Then we'll see where he stands on cannabis.

And the best thing of all, if the turd runs for president, he'll have to resign his governorship... can't take money from wall street while in office and to top it off you can't run for the presidency without wall st. money. 

HAHA fucking turd..............