What the good growers already know: Top 5 lessons for new growers

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by KouchLoch, Mar 29, 2014.

1. he wasnt calling you stupid its just an acronym my friend! i too am a notorious overthinker & the KISS system works good luck & good growing

2. Decent list, but I can't remember the last time I ph'd anything.  Then again I don't really use bottles or grow hydro.  

last year I grew a seed crop of autos that rocked. I had about a pint jar full. If you have space outdoor you can grow a seed crop and harvest in late june, plant in july and still have a shitload of seeds in stock.

I have multiple rooms and a greenhouse,I am going to do 1 or 2 seed crops a year. 1 male and 2 females. I have 6 AK47. My white rhino autos rock,thay have been paying the power bills if you know what I mean, production plants.

In order to do a sea of green autos seedlings are a good way to go. grow to sexing in solo cups then put them in their final pots and let it grow out.

I do hydro and PH every week or two, when I do its been 5.8 - 6.0.  Its pointless for the most part. I grew 30 years before I had a way to test ph.

5. Since I've been growing pure organic, there's no need to pH anything, soil buffers. I got a much better handle on HOW to do it now though and what it means for a healthy plant.

6. Good stuff to know! I'm in my first grow, making mistakes, and fixing mistakes! :) It really is best to have your grow room complete before you ever pop any seeds. Unfortunately, we didn't do that. Plants are healthy, surprisingly, and the grow room conditions are now ideal. 

7. Seeing that there are some really good growers on this forum rn I wanna ask about ventilation as im a soon to be new grower myself, my first grow is gunna be a closet grow and I live on a apt so I cant cut the closet up so should I just make a tent and just vent outta the tent and itll get air in the closet?

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Its not an insulated closet so it does stay rather cool in there and I plan on using leds for my first grow (180w apollo horiculture)

Sent from my SPH-L300 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. You'll get a better answer starting your own thread.

10. Thank you to all for the info in these forums. I am new Michigan MMP attempting my first grow, I am learning and enjoying it too, what beautiful plants God has given us. The garden is getting big, too big for the small space I have, lol, good thing I guess, so much I don't know, right now a big concern is how often should I feed these girls, I been doing it every other watering with less than full strength nutes. A few of the big fan leaves are turning brown on the edges like they got burnt by the lamp and they might have as it needs raising bout every day. A couple times now they tried to get in it. I wanted to veg them at least 2 months or more but that ain't gonna happen now cause they got so big. I gotta change the lamp schedule soon and I'm still wondering about how often I should feed them, they are in pro mix 5 gal fabric pots, finally got the runoff ph to 6.8 consistently, been using 25 to 30% runoff and checking that for ph. Been having fun with this and worrying I'm gonna kill em at the same time. I'm sure all the answers are here somewhere I just haven't found them yet. Thanks again... Mike

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. You should start a new post with all your questions and info on your setup. I'm sure all of your questions can be answered as there's a wealth of experience and knowledge here. I will warn you though, it's not all accurate and a lot of it is highly opinionated AND inaccurate.  GOOD LUCK!

12. I watch the "Sick Plants" posts and I see a lot of new growers obsessing about a "problem" that doesn't exist. I know new growers make mistakes, but the biggest mistake you could make is "fixing" a problem that doesn't exist. The internet can help you or hinder you in this case. If you don't have a problem and you ask for help, you may end up doing something really detrimental with the suggestions given. If you're not sure, re-read the basics, check your actions and don't worry about small leaf issues, it's a plant, nature isn't perfect.

13. Good advice, thanks

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Thats the best tips you can get, I dont think any grower could of it better.

Nutrients are far from the main thing when it comes to good yields and great quality bud, Always use the least amount  you can get away with, as it says in the OP, listen to your plants and find that sweet spot.
    Flushing is a must for me, a lack of flushing will leave you with bad tasting bud thats full of chemicals, look out for dark, hard ash after you burn a joint or smoke a bowl, stay away from bud like this.

Good growing guys, enjoy it.

15. I figured I'd revive a zombie since this info is ALWAYS relevant. Happy summer growing!

Cell phones still work at this altitude!