Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Military Drug Test question.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by WalshEagles23, Mar 28, 2014.

1. I know for sure that I won't do it. I only did it the other two times because I didn't see any drug tests in the future and it was just gonna be once or twice. But when I know my career depends on being clean, I won't screw that up. I'm starting to feel a little more confident in passing this test after every other reply I get and I appreciate it you guys. If it matters at all, I went for a run last night. And then played a pickup game of basketball at the gym for two hours today and sweated a lot. Still have 10 days until my drug test...

2. #22 anthony59237, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
    yeah

3. Finally someone with the Same situation as me lol. Yeah, I'm pretty skinny even though I don't eat too healthy. I play basketball with friends sometimes. But yeah dude I've been on Google the past two weeks going through every forum, yahoo answers, even asked goarmy lol. I've spent hours looking it up and its just stressed me out completely because of one stupid mistake. And yeah it's stored in fat but your weight isn't bad at all. But you gotta keep me updated for sure. They don't tell you if you passed... only if you fail. So if you don't hear anything after like 5 days or so it's safe to assume you passed. Keep me updated Bruh. 👌

4. Just bumping it up, anyone else have any opinions on the topic or a reap experience with MEPS and THC?

5. #25 raptorgzus, Apr 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2014
    Was in the Military. They test and test often. Its simple you want to smoke bud then dont go in. If you wanna give that up for a couple years then sign up. 

El Paso you can be 18 and drink on base.

Remember with the Army and MEPS you can get any thing you want. Just have to  play hard ball and be willing to walk out of the office. 

They will call you back and give you a bonus, job you want, and duty station pick..

What I would do if I have to do it all over again, would be sign up as a Reservist, talk them into a bonus and a good job. Then when i went to basic or to my schooling I would enlist full time and get another bonus and whatever else you want. Like ranger school or airborne school.

Do research before you go to MEPS this is for life son. 

6. Believe me sir, I'll be staying away from drugs. Like I said I tried it twice. Never would try any other drug and definitely will not smoke while in the military. I read a thing on the internet which said that a guy failed his drug test at MEPS for smoking weed over 90 days before the test. Idk how that's possible?! I only took one damn hit on January 12th and a couple in December. So I better not fail like that guy did. He didn't mention how much he smoked though.

Half of what you are saying isn't that easy anymore.. The army is on a draw-down for one.. and this isn't 1980 or whenever you were in.. They will give you any job you qualify for if its available.. good luck getting any sort of bonus.  

8. I wouldnt stress it that much, its probably long gone out of your system by now. 

ON a side not if you do fail its not the end of the world. I believe you can retry like 90 days or something later. Dont take this as gospel, but I know you can retry on the enlist just dont know when.

Remember thous MEPS fuckers are shady. Their sole job is to give you nothing and act like they are handing you the world. Im not playing here, they will do this. 

For me they pretended like the had to call the fucking pentigon to get me the job I wanted. The job I wanted was the job the needed the most people in. So needless to say they tricked me out of my bonus. Get your bonus man, play hard ball, your in control here. 

9. LOL at the 80's man this was 10 years ago.

If they wont give you shit then go Airforce. They pay better, their jobs are better and if you get stationed to live in anything but an Air force base then they compensate you financially. 

10. #30 llllllllll, Apr 1, 2014
    10 years ago was even easier to get in, there was a huge war just kicking off.  

Also on your last comment about if you fail the drug test "its not the end of the world you can re-enlist in 90 days".. Nope, not any more.. not right now atleast. All of the wars are nearly done and the army DOES NOT need any piss heads enlisting.. they have plenty of completely clean record/college enlistees like myself.

11. #31 raptorgzus, Apr 1, 2014
    Like I said its not gospel. You can do anything with a Wavier and you know this. 

Beside this is America, their will be another war in about 6 months from now.

Look Battle, your getting far to angry. Their are plenty of kids that have smoked a little pot here and their who have bleed for you and me and every person in this country. Calm down a bit and help the kid. Their was a time you where in his shoes.

12. Everything said here is false...
    The pay grade is the same...across all branches.
    The jobs aren't necessarily better. (In the army ATLEAST you get to pick your job, the Air Force they give u 3 options and u just get to pick from one of them) and EVERY branch pays substantially if you live off base, IF YOUR MARRIED.

13. You can get waivers sure. But why would the army or even recruiters waste their time getting waivers and tons of paperwork for kids who have prior charges and failed DT's when there are plenty of clean record Joe's walking through the door?  It just doesn't make sense.   Very few waivers are getting through these days.. especially for drug related things.

14. Dude, you're psyching yourself out! Especially if you have a high metabolism, you're fine. Like I said, start working out. That may help get rid of the THC anyway and it will make the physical side of boot camp easier. My one friend went into the Air Force and actually was in worse shape when he graduated because he trained so hard, haha. I was never in the military myself though, so I can't give you personal advice on all your MEPS shit, but all my friends that went in said it was just a regular piss test. Hardcore tests are so expensive that it wouldn't be worth it.

Cool that there's some vets on GC! I like that the first guy to buy legal weed in CO was an Iraq war vet, btw. I always wondered if any ex spec ops dudes became stoners when they get out. I hope that there's that one guy out there smoking a J on a porch remembering times where he was swimming around with a Draeger and putting limpet mines on the hull of a ship or something crazy.

15. Substandard living conditions. Look it up. Yep you get more bah if you live off base and if your married.

Airforce jobs dont know entirely, just had a couple friends who where englisted told me about it they loved it.

Was in army, didnt like what I saw. Could go into this all day but I wont.

As far as pay difference could be wrong, dont remember its been a long ass time since I cared. Just thought they payed more. 

16. The Army is not accepting ANY drug waivers at this time, neither are the other branches. If you piss hot, you are PDQ for life. That's why I'm sketched out. If I didn't have a chance to be PDQ I wouldn't worry too much because I know I'd have a second and third chance. The drawdowns now are making it way harder to get in. Only 25% qualify now. I'm leaning more towards me being clean by now, but it's obviously still in my head that I'm not clean somehow. That's why I posted here, and to see if anyone else was worried about their MEPS test and if they passed or failed. Plus,this forum has some pretty cool people on it even though I don't consider myself a pothead or anything.

17. I was also in the army...
    And I got out just under 3 years ago.

18. Nice to see a few veterans on these forums! Thank you for your service.

19. So I just got off the phone with my recruiters. Trying to reschedule it again for like 3 weeks from now. Of course they're giving me the "We just need you to go up there to make sure you're qualified, you don't have to do anything you don't want to do up there" bullshit lol. I told them some story about why I want to wait and they're telling me to call them tomorrow after I think about it. But if I get it rescheduled, I'll keep everyone updated. Even after the drug test I'll let everyone know how it went with a follow up on here. :)

20. In any branch you can demand a guaranteed career field. There may not always be an opening though if you are in a hurry. Delayed enlistment is also an option worth looking into.

If the dorms/barracks are full, they may allow a certain grade (and up) to move off base with a housing allowance. If you are married then you can qualify for the married rate housing allowance.

Pay is based on rank and to a certain degree on any speciality pay. Speciality pay varies from flying status, hazardous duty, etc. Less and less career fields may have a signing or re-enlistment bonus, due to cutbacks and manning levels.

Oftentimes promotions are quicker in other branches compared to the USAF. :smoke: