Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Military Drug Test question.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by WalshEagles23, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Okay guys so here's the deal. Sometime in early December, my friend who smokes a lot wanted me to smoke a bit from his home made bong. I agreed, because he always wanted me to try. I took maybe 3 or 4 hits. I didn't feel anything. I didn't really feel any different. My eyes weren't even that red. Anyways, I was at his house again for a party and a few people were smoking weed and I just took one hit or puff from it. That was all. That was on January 12th. At that time I wasn't interested in joining the Army but now I've started my process. I go to MEPS on the 9th of April for a drug test. That will make me abouyt 87 days clean. I'm scared because I've read how people have passed their drug test at the recruiters office the day before, then popped hot at MEPS because the MEPS drug test gets sent to a lab. (It's a urinalysis btw, they take blood for HIV only apparently. ) Anyways, I'm 5'11, about 150-155 pounds. Not very active (I game alot). I'm just wondering if you guys would think I'd pass my drug test? And if so, why? And if anyone has any MEPS drug test experience from the past two years, feel free to let me know.

P.S.
    I did search for this, have been for like a week. Been so paranoid. But saw nothing of someone being about 90 days clean. Sorry for the super long post and ANY help would be appreciated. And I won't smoke in the military.

2. I think you will pass, I passed a piss test for my job after not smoking for a month. I was  6'00 and about 235 lbs at the time and i was also gaining weight too, but i was working out 4 times a week.

I think you will pass, you could always buy an at home drug test to make sure.

3. I'll probably be taking one of those stick urine tests with my recruiter the day before or the day of my trip to MEPS. I think I'd pass that since the cutoff level for home tests is 50ng/mL. But those aren't always accurate. The MEPS test is sent to a lab and I heard their cutoff level is either 50ng/ML or 15ng/ML. So if the first test you test under 50 then I heard they discard it and report it as negative. But I'm not sure because there's the 15 cutoff level as well. I'm just sketched out. I already pushed back my MEPS date twice, to the 9th of April.

4. You're totally fine lol. Some people smoke daily and pass in a couple weeks.

5. Even for the MILITARY drug testing standards? I just don't want to be the unlucky one that gets popped. I've been Googling for a week now trying to find anything.

You'll be fine...  but this isn't 2001 or the 80's, we dont need people who aren't planning on being straight edge in the service.. the military is on a drawdown and you will undoubtedly be kicked out and rejected from joining with any drug related charges or shit in your system.  Its time to grow up and quit doing drugs

7. I completely understand that. I have never had an interest in drugs. I'm a good guy, not even a speeding ticket. I tried it twice, before I even thought about really joining the Army. I wouldn't want someone high next to me fighting either. I just wanted to see if I would pass this test or not. I've heard some people failing their drug tests after 65+ days (urinalysis) and this is my future career, so that's why I'm sketched out. Especially since it's the DoD shipping it to a lab.

8. #8 llllllllll, Mar 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2014
    You will be fine.  I went through the recruiting/MEPs process a few weeks ago.

Just make sure you dont get talkative at MEPs. What they dont know or have on paper they don't need to know. answering YES to any questions means "your enlistment stops" here. All they need to know is that you are in good health and that you dont do drugs OR THAT YOU EVER HAVE.

9. Thank you for easing my mind a bit. I plan on doing that, even when their scare tactics come up. How long did you go without smoking before taking your MEPS drug test?

10. 5 months, but I cheated and took a B cruise with my homie 2 weeks before I went.

11. So you used some marijuana before you left? I just hope I pass... the anxiety and stress from this mistake is eating me alive.

12. yup 2weeks before. Youre fine

13. Military drug tests at meps a standard gc/ms.  They don't have some top secret military drug testing.  I just want to clear that up.  I stopped smoking 2 months before I joined (aka 60 days) after smoking daily for about a year.  I passed and was honorably discharged 4 years later.  Just don't be an idiot and get kicked out because you can't stay sober while enlisted.

14. Thanks for your response and also thanks for your service. Yeah, I heard of people passing after that much time. But I thought over the years the testing would be better and more thorough / accurate. I'm thinking since it's 2014 they can find if you took one puff within 3 months. I'm probably just psyching myself out with all this and I just want to Thank you all for putting up with it and replying. It's helping alot.

15. I'd quit worrying about passing a test you'll definitely pass and start to PT, haha. Good luck man. Which branch are you going into to?

16. #16 anthony59237, Mar 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
    We also have similar body types I guess. I'm 5'9, about 160 pounds. I also haven't been very active, besides playing some basketball now and then

17. Yeah op, growing up means you quit doing drugs and start taking orders blindly!
    Good luck bro

18. Goffman, haha Thank you. I'm going into the Army, active duty!

Anthony, I would love it if you let me know if you passed or not as soon as you find out. That would make me feel a lot better. As for the 2nd hand smoke, I don't think that'll be a problem for you since it's been 3 weeks. But I don't know. Anyways, good luck bro, and let me know how it goes on here or just find me on Facebook. And Thank you very much 2jza70. I appreciate it.

19. [​IMG]

20. You will be fine.

But I will tell you, we just had a long discussion on this in another thread:: and from personal experience I know that they drug test a LOT. (You will piss in a cup once a month) and they have no tolerance and will kick you out. I saw a lot of people get discharged way early for pissing hot. Don't do it. I didn't start using till I got out and I use it now medically for my back and it helps a lot, but they will kick you out if you use while in.