Everyone knows God.

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Virtue 7, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Happy 420!
    Here's a few quotes.

Mind is consciousness which has put on limitations. You are originally unlimited and perfect. Later you take on limitations and become the mind.

Eventually, all that one has learnt will have to be forgotten.

The Self remains over even after the body perishes...If the ego is killed, the eternal Self is revealed in all its glory.

Self Realization or God Realization in the Advaitic tradition refers to a person giving up their identity with the body, surrendering to the Lord, and being born in the Spirit. Happy Easter to all our friends.

2. I surprisingly don't dream. At all. I never in 10+ years have woken up to remember a dream, so I don't think I dream.
    Existence means god?

Sorry, I am not a religious person by any means. 

This. Its like an ultimate realization that everything is here for you. But its not enough just to "know" that. Its a whole different climate in your body/experiencing when you realize this.

Existence - consciousness - bliss is God.

You do not dream. Who is it that does not dream? Can you deny your existence while in deep sleep? Do you no longer exist?

Inquiring "who I am?" will help you discover the nature of yourself, i.e. God.

5. Ramana Maharshi speaks on Christianity;

In Talk 396, Bhagavan says, "The body is the Cross. Jesus, the son of man, is the ego or `I am-the-body' idea. When he is crucified, he is resurrected as the Glorious Self - Jesus Christ, the Son of God! - "Give up this life if thou wouldst live" ~

Bhagavan is essentially saying that the identity with the body must perish in order to realize the Absolute Being and be able to say, "I and my Father are One."

Question: How is realisation made possible?

Sri Ramana Maharshi: There is an absolute Self from which a spark proceeds as from a fire. The spark is called the ego. In the case of an ignorant man it identifies itself with an object simultaneously with its rise. It cannot remain independent of such association with objects. The association is Ajnana or ignorance and its destruction is the object of our efforts. If its objectifying tendency is killed it remains pure, and also merges into the source. The wrong identification with the body is Dehatma Buddhi (‘I am the body' idea). This must go before good results follow.

The ‘I' in its purity is experienced in intervals between the two states or two thoughts. Ego is like that caterpillar, which leaves its hold only after catching another. Its true nature can be found when it is out of contact with objects or thoughts.

This ghostly ego which is devoid of form comes into existence by grasping a form; grasping a form it endures; feeding upon forms which it grasps it waxes more, leaving one form it grasps another form, but when sought for it takes to flight.

Only if that first person, the ego, in the form ‘I am the body', exists will the second and third persons (you, he, they etc.) exist. If by one's scrutinizing the truth of the first person the first person is destroyed, the second and third persons will cease to exist and one's own nature, which will then shine as one, will truly be the state of Self.

The thought ‘I am this body of flesh and blood' is the one thread on which are strung the various other thoughts. Therefore, if we turn inwards enquiring ‘Where is this ‘I?' all thought s (including the ‘I'-thought) will come to an end and Self-knowledge will then spontaneously shine forth.

6. Truly there is no cause for you to be miserable and unhappy. You yourself impose limitations in your true nature of infinite being, and then weep you are but a finite creature.

You take up this or that spiritual practice to transcend the non-existent limitations. But if your spiritual practice itself assumes the existence of the limitations, how can you transcend them?

Know that you are really the infinite pure being, the Self. You are always that Self and nothing but that Self. Therefore, you can never be ignorant of the Self. Your ignorance is merely an imaginary ignorance. It is this ignorance that causes grief.

Know then that true knowledge does not create a new being for you, it only removes your ignorant ignorance. Bliss is not added to your nature, it is merely revealed as your true natural state, eternal and imperishable.

The only way to rid of your grief is to know and be the self.

There is no goal to be reached. There is nothing to be attained. You are the self. You exist always. Nothing more can be predicated of the Self than that it exists. Seeing God or the Self, is only being yourself. All that is required of you is to give up the thought that you are this body and to give up all the thoughts of the external things.