Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Denver Cannabis Cup Question. NJ Resident absoluetly CLUELESS about this festival.

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by AmandaMila, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Alright so I'm from NJ and considering going to the Denver Cannabis Cup. BUT I'm 20 with no marijuana card. The two people I'm going with are 21+. I read on the CC website 18+ may attend but only 21+ are allowed in the "SMOKING AREA". How big exactly is this smoking area and since I cannot go in there how limited am I to enjoying this experience. I just don't want to fly all the way from NJ to barely be able to anything. I would really appreciate any insight would help SOOO much!!!!  BTW if this helps im planning to purchase just normal general admission tickets no VIP or anything like that.

2. Well, smoking isnt going to be legal for you, so unless its widely accepted people will be doing so outside the dedicated areas, and that you are willing to risk getting kicked out, and maybe a ticket.... then its up to you

You wont be able to legally buy, or get into the dedicated area... it wont be a little fence you can jump, High Times CC in Amsterdam got raided once and they surely want to comply with the law as much as possible

3. It's going to a pain because the people you are going with can legally smoke while you can't, so they won't be able too or if they want, you will need to split up. Kind of like going to an amusement park but you can only ride the kiddy rides while your friends can go on everything. See how it can be a problem?

4. thanks for the info

5. Yeah I assume they are going to be pretty serious about ID'ing. As far as I know it's the first legal cannabis event in the states. Don't want a bad mj reputation right off the bat

Weed was technically legal here for the cup last year, but no stores were open yet... You could possess and use but not purchase at 21... lol 

Now that shops are open and i assume vendors will be selling bud in there it might be more uptight, last year they could only give out samples and the entire event (im pretty sure) was 21+... cant confirm that though

7. #7 MileHighMike, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2014
    They are really strict about being of age when it comes to smoking, and I expect heavy security again.

But lets just say your friend bought a couple of cookies, and maybe a truffle or two...

8. You'd be better off attending the rally downtown. Plenty of flower and concentrates will be shared there. Cops downtown aren't looking for underage smoking unless you look 12.

9. Ohh. Don't forget your bullet proof vest. Just a bunch of dirty out of towner thugs trying to sell thier legal weed.

10. Lol, you could also try Boulder if you have the money for a cab or a ride. Its probably safer in Boulder anyways.

11. Bus is way cheaper lol but boulder is much safer. There is no rally here though, they shut it down pretty well

12. #12 Ganja ☤, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
    Yeah I would have my friend give me edibles before hand. Sucks you aren't 21, I don't know if I would go if I were you, because you and your friends would have to split up. I'm sure they will want to go into the 21+ area.

13. Here's an update about the downtown 420 rally if anyone is interested. My budtender told me today they are going fence off the park area and actively checking ID's to see if you are 21. For some reason they aren't letting people smoke and she said police will be searching for public consumption. Just an FYI for anyone who wondered.