Help first time grow, suspected drought, or boron deficiency.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by jmq21, Mar 28, 2014.

1. B

Attached Files:

2. Nice man they look great!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. #23 Duke nukem 420, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 7, 2014
    B

£3 from garden center pal . Nice airy soil low on nutes so just start feeding when there in need of nutrients

Attached Files:

4. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397079480.848969.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397079511.781819.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397079679.014430.jpg

5. Dude, tinfoil might be baking it. And I still think you could cut down on the light or at least move it away some. Give it space.

6. Do I see unprotected sockets robbed from lamps? Surrounded by tin foil...

Your going to burn down your house.

7. Ok well I know cfls are completely useless when they are more than 6 inches away. And yeah I'm using the dull side of aluminum foil for reflectors but I'm gonna switch it to Mylar I think. As for robbed from lamps. No. I'm using clamp lights. I just took the aluminum reflectors off it for now until the plants get bigger. These are the same lamps shown in growweedeasy.com on the cfl grow set up. These sockets are generally safe. I truly think the main issue was the soil I was using organic miracle gro. I now switched it to fox farm ocean forest. I know I'll get better results with this soil. I will move my lamps a little further though! Thanks again!

8. #28 jmq21, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397227492.516447.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397227523.731703.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397227555.898783.jpg

Since transplanting to new soil, fox farm ocean floor, the new growth looks better.

9. #29 mactheman, Apr 11, 2014
    yea it was using MG ,,next time dont use MG for your seedlings much to much nutes in there,,,,fox farms is a better choice of soil,,,,, myself i just use cheap potting soil and get great results,,,,,,,mac

10. Yeah I definitely learned my lesson to never use MG again. And that's great that you have good results. I can't wait until I have one successful grow and harvest under my belt!!

11. -------------
    ----------------
    theres couple things that a lot of first time growers do thats being impatient by watering to much or overfeeding ,,,,get a good book on gardening and learn from that about growing seeds on and potting up etc,,,,you could get one on cannabis growing but if you dont know much about growing it'll go over ya head,it'll just over load your head ,,,,,,mac

12. Yeah definitely gonna buy some books. Honestly though I went to growweedeasy.com and literally have spent endless hours on the internet learning and reading. I probably went to far into reading, including lst, super cropping, fiming, etc.. Tempted to try all that on my first grow but gonna hold off. Maybe do some lst.

With this soil I'm not gonna feed my plants for like a month and half or 2. And when I so feed I've read that less is more. You don't have to use much at all. Specially since in growing in soil instead if a hydro grow. Which I'll try after success with soil, since the yield is much better!

13. thats the trouble ive got a library of grow books on cannabis all they did was confuse me lol,,,Not really but i used to be a gardener /and ive taken a course in horticulture,,,,and i am still learning about growing cannabis ,you never stop learning some thing new,,,,,,,,mac 

14. ---------------
    -----------------
     you might get bigger buds ,but a lot of people say soil grown is much tastier,,,,,,,,learn to walk before you run,,as the saying goes,,,,mac

15. #35 jmq21, Apr 11, 2014
    Yeah for sure! Experience is key!! And probably true that soil has tastier buds I read the same thing!! That's cool that you had horticulture experience and I'd agree with the fact that we never stop learning something new.

16. like i dont really feed my plants in veg because i pot up very quick as soon as i see the roots going around the bottom of the pot,,i may have to give them a feed in veg when i put them in to 12/12 because the plants need a bit more veg nutes when they stretch,,,,,then i feed after about 10 of the stretch with a flowering nute,,,,,,,,,,,but i just use cheap nutes i use a 3.3N,3.5P 3.5K,in veg ,,,and a tomato feed in flower,,now i know that they are not the proper nutes,for cannabis and people will say i am stupid etc,,,,but i grow this way to show newbies you dont have to get all that expensive cannabis nutes(which do work very well indeed),,friends have no complaints either about my bud ,,,it may not be the biggest but its my weed and it costs me penny's to run under 125wcfl blue spectrum veggin and 250w son t flowering,,,,,,,,your welcome to come over to 'my grow' at mactheman in growj ournals and take a look at my plants (mango) at 2weeks into flowering,,,,,,,,,mac

17. Yeah that is really cool to be able to grow at such a good price!! And yeah I read tomato nutrients are similar to cannabis. Ill definitely go check out your grow! Sounds cool and simple! And I bet it is good bud!

18. :lol:

Attached Files:

19. #39 Duke nukem 420, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2014
    S

20. I think a beginner gardeners need to learn about basic gardening before hand, then learn about cannabis specifically. All plants work basically the same. Just different environments. When it comes to basic care of plants and why things are done a certian way a basic gardening book will cover that, a cannabis growing book may assume you know something about plants.