White Widows FIRST Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by gingerb, Mar 28, 2014.

1. I'd be very happy with two different plants, as long as both females.
    My bigger plant smell proper skunky at the moment, but realised the other plant has a sweeter smell.

2. Sorry going back to my heat problems & having my tent closed.
    What probs did you encounter? was it the temp inside the tent raising up once tent was closed?

3. Yep! Everytime we closed the tent it would rise above 90! Same as you?

4. You have bigger tent then me right?
    my one is 60x60x180cm

So have you got an inline fan for taking the hot air out and also an inline fan for pushing new cooler air in?
    Just out of interest what size is your inline fan extracting the hot air? and what size is your lnline fan for pushing in new air?

5. Yes ours is about double actually then, its 4x4x7 ft. (I think yours is 2x2x5 ft)

For our intake, its a 4 inch 80 cfm duct fan, and we keep one passive vent open, and then to take the hot air out... We have the same kind of fan with a carbon filter attached. That's all we had in the beginning! So we changed our hood, it was just a metal reflector and super hot. We got a cool tube because you can attach a fan to it to suck hot air away from the bulb, so we have a 6 inch, 240 cfm fan attached to it and that solved our problem!

What have you tried? I don't think i saw a pic of your setup. If you want to post one maybe we could help you better!

6. I've got a crappy 4" inline fan via ebay for extractor & I've realised its not doing anything really,
    it would prob do less with my filter attached to it. I've actually turned the extractor fan off today
    as it's just not doing anything.

Hopefully by the end tomorrow I will have a 5" ruck fan for my extraction, along with a 4" intake fan & ducting. But I have a bad feeling my heat like you mentioned is coming from my reflector, in which case I may have to get a cool tube like you. Is your light a 400w MH?
    Few pics of my setup:

Tentsetup2.jpg

Tentsetup.jpg

7. Yep looks like you've got the same hood we used to use! We fixed our problem with about $70... Got the cool tube and duct fan off of amazon!

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

8. Just read you post again, why tricky with WW?

9. Ok gonna update every monday from now on, unless I have plants problems.

Starting to wonder if I am ever gonna to get my grow tent fully operational, picked up up new extractor fan today and found out the plug on it had a bent pin. Picking up replacement tomorrow, fan is a 5" fanflow 400m³/hr am hoping it's gonna do a better job then the crappy 4" fan I got via ebay. As soon as new 5" fan is up and running am connecting my filter as my plants have really started to smell.

Also received a 4" black orchid intake fan today, only problem is my small tent's bottom vent is too small to take the 4" fan. As a temp measure I've install the fan in the vent halfway up the tent and ran a small bit of ducting down to the floor of the tent. Am not sure the ducting on the intake fan will be effective or not, other option is making the bottom vent hole bigger to fit the intake fan.

Both plants had there first watering with biogrow each had 1litre of water with 2ml of biogrow.
    The plants seem to be liking the biogrow, next watering will be friday.

See below how my ladies are doing, lots of growth over the weekend.

Veg_grow.jpg

10. Looking much much better :D

11. Lots of growth! Awesome! Your new fans still working out?

12. Still not got the new replacement fan, first one was had broke plug will get new one today hopefully.
    So need to get filter on asap as very smelly at the moment.

Got my temps maintaining at roughly 81f, with the new fan hoping I can get them lower.

13. That smell can be very stinky;your grow sounds like it is moving along.

14. Yep moving along!

15. #56 gingerb, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2014
    Cheers for tagging along, things are looking up and growth is fast at the moment.
    Bubble buckets do interest me, how much quicker a grow would you get?

16. #58 gingerb, Apr 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2014