Grow started 03/15/14

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by azcactus, Mar 27, 2014.

1. When did you last feed dude?

Buy some superthrive, literally one single drop per gall, really helps with stressed plants to bounce them back, all types of garderns use superthrive, I'd advise not to use in the middle/late stages of growth

2. ***** I'd advise not to use in the middle/late stages of flower.

Sorry can't edit when using phone brower. Damm blackberrys.

3. #63 azcactus, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2014
    Just took these pics a few minutes ago, 04/11/14. These ladies have been thirsty. The yellow tape indicates White Widow, the yellow is the DinaChem. 

Attached Files:

4. #64 azcactus, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2014
    My 3 ladies are consuming a bunch of water. I haven't switched to flower cycle yet, but hope to soon. I got to wait though until the HVAC crew shows up to replace the unit that is not functioning. Don't want them wandering what the stinky funk smell is.

The landlord was pissed because it broke, but it's 13 years old and the compressor went out.

I'll post pics when lights come on at 12:00 noon.

5. #65 azcactus, Apr 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2014
    It's picture day time. The ones with yellow tape are the WW. The one with white tape is the DinaChem. pics 7-11 are of that WW that went crazy. She's the one that had the long tap root.

Attached Files:

They have all proper taken off now, had some heat issues myself.
    Hoping my WW do aswell as yours.

7. #67 azcactus, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
    gingerb hope your plants are doing good. Going to give mine a good watering tomorrow with Grow Big, bat guano and blackstrap molasses. Going to water the 3 plants with 2 gallons split between the 3.

Using 2tbs of the molasses per gallon along with 2 tbs of Grow Big and 2tbs of guano. Got to water heavy because they are demanding it. The blackstrap molasses has calcium and magnesium in a natural form.

8. #68 azcactus, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2014
    Journal Entry Day 35  
    White tape= DinaChem..
    Yellow tape= White Widow

Brought the ladies up from he dungeon and trimmed the large unnecessary fan leaves off. Was very pleased that there was only two fan leaves between the 3 plants that had any yellowing and that was probably from splashing some water with nutrients on them previously.

Took them back downstairs and mixed 1 tbs of Bat Guano, 1tbs of Fox Farm Big Grow and 1 tbs of Blackstrap molasses into1 gallon of water. Made two of these combinations. The ladies were feeling light and since I will be gone until Sunday evening I gave the 3 a combined total of 1.5 gallons of water. The 0.5 left was given to the outdoor plants. The blackstrap is supposed to be good food for the microbes in the organic soil.

I ordered an air scrubber off of Amazon today. Many of the reviews told how well it worked in their own grow rooms. Looking forward to getting it next week so I can switch to 12/12 flowering light. From my last exp. the WW reeks when she is in season and things I read about the DinaChem say it has a strong sour diesel type odor. I am not familiar with that stench, but can only imagine. Took some pics of after I trimmed them, but pre-watering. 

Attached Files:

9. Journal Entry Day 38

I went ahead and put the flowering bulb in on 4/19/14. Running a 6 P.M. to 6 A.M. cycle. No real noticeable changes yet. Went to store and refilled 4 gallons of purified water. Will give a good watering tomorrow with FF Tiger Bloom. 

10. #70 azcactus, Apr 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2014
    Journal Entry Day 38 @ 10:49 CST

Watered the plants with 1 gallon of water that included 2 capfuls each of Tiger Bloom and Big Bloom in the same container. 
    Will see what happens with that. The flower sites are starting to set on. They are smelly and I am so glad my  VenTech IF6CF620 6" Inline Duct Fan 440 CFM w/ Virgin Charcoal Carbon Filter Combo will be here tomorrow. Can't wait to get it running to freshen the air.

11. #71 azcactus, Apr 22, 2014
    FYI, if anyone cares. I am posting this journal for my reference instead of having to write it down in a notebook. Just easier for me. So the posts are for my keeping track of what I am doing and keeping track of water days, amounts and nutrients used will help my cause.
    So my posts are mainly for my records.
    Please feel free to add to or offer any suggestions.

12. #72 azcactus, Apr 23, 2014
    Journal Entry Day 39
    Brought the 3 ladies up for a trim job. There was plenty of extra to trim. In pics 1, 2 and 3, believe it or not, that is an 11 leaf fan. Had a number of them that had nine also. Took them back downstairs and watered heavy as the SmartPots were light again. Just used straight water, no nutes this time. The air scrubber is working great. Has removed the stink very nicely.

Attached Files:

13. The lol of this is I fed all the leaves I removed from the trim job to my 2 APBT's. They loved those pieces of "grass". They usually lay in the back yard chewing on grass in the summer.

They are looking good, my plants have really perked up.
    How comes your trimmed so many leaves off?

I topped both of my plants today, both are now simlar in height now at 6".
    I had to get my filter on today aswell, was proper stinking out the house.

Check my grow journal titled: First Grow White Widows

15. I only trim off the ones that have no real value. That way those fan leaves aren't stealing nutrients and water that the flowering parts need. Plus by doing this it allows better light penetration to the lower flowers. You can see where a leave is attached to the stalk and see what's up.

16. #76 gingerb, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2014
    Am after some advice, do you think I should trim off the big fan leaves in the photos below.
    If I do where do I trim from?

Fanleaves.jpg
    Fanleaves2.jpg

17. No way leave em! Those are making food for your plant :)

Those are looking great. Keep doing what you're doing.

19. These were two I cut off. 1st pic has 11, even though the very bottom 2 are hard to see, but they are there. The 2nd has 9. First time I ever had an 11 fronds leaf.

Attached Files:

20. #80 azcactus, Apr 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2014
    Journal Day 48 New Pics

Did not water today. Nutrients + water tomorrow.

Attached Files: