Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

If you were to be brutally honest about why you toke....

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by andy85258, Mar 27, 2014.

1. isnt the first time i fell for a trap like that...sneaky bastards

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

2. Because i suffer from intense pain and also because i was interested in the cannabaceae long before i ever smoked weed.

Very strange group of plants..  they behave like grasses..

3. Feels good as fuck and makes me chill as fuck :)

4. I'm a raging dick if I don't stay constantly high.   I was a mean little fucker as a lad.

5. I started for the high. Now has medicinal benefits for me but still like the high at the end of the day when I can relax and melt into my couch lol

6. #26 gloppypop, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2014
    Peer "pressure" is kind of subjective in meaning. I wasn't explicitly "pressured" into smoking by my friends (peers), but I DID originally start because my group of best friends started to get into it. Really early too - summer going into 8th grade and before anyone else our age that we knew.

But my parent's had smoked for many years and so did my older brother for a few years, and I knew this before I tried. I guess I was also fairly educated on the effects as well as the propaganda and stigma that surrounded it.

So I guess it wasn't my friends giving me peer "pressure" per se, cause they wouldn't "bash" you if you didn't wanna hit the bowl, and often certain kids we hung out with consistently declined. It's not like our group would make anyone who didn't smoke feel "uncool"...

If anything I think it was more "pressure" (or a curiosity and interest) from MYSELF to give it a try. Which yeah, I realize maybe was essentially caused or contributed to by my family and peers.

Anyways, long story short after a few weeks I fell in love :love:  lol

I smoke because it's fun and makes me feel good. It's a great way to relax and has often really helped me throughout the day, as well.

Being honest, in certain ways I guess I do or have used it as a "crutch", but also I have often gone or will go full days without smoking (actually I've already been awake for close to six hours without smoking and probably won't smoke until later this evening)... Either way, it definitely has psychological effects that I deem beneficial for me.

7. I smoke for many reasons....the first reason is relaxation..but to get TO the relaxing part I always have to go through what I call "the soul mirror"..seems weed always shows me just how I could be better...it's up to me to change and BE better, and if I don;t..it keeps putting it in my face...be less threatening to my kids..they are tiny little scared babies for Christ's sake..love em...support them...don't get moody when you are tired and make sarcastic remarks to the wife..she's probably tired too...get that room painted...just turn on the radio and get stuck in.....that kind of stuff..always happens...BEFORE I get the buzz I was looking for....it's just part of the cost for me of doing weed. Despite my moral guilt, it does go away and leaves me in a wonderful place...probably because I listen and I am a good person..not sure how I would feel if I weren't....I love the grass..now, I'm a farmer and don't have to pay for it, look for it or seek it out.....it works for me...

8. I find it relaxing. I have a high stress corporate job, and it gets to me on occasion. I smoke because I enjoy it more than having a glass of wine, and I don't have a headache the next day. I find it less harmful than many other drugs, and it doesn't hurt anyone. Provided I'm responsible with my use, I have zero guilt about enjoying it in moderation.

9. Pain relief. For me, edibles work better for relieving pain than smoking does.

10. I still toke because I like it, it gives me pleasure. I prefer the feeling of being high to that of not being high and anybody with a problem can just piss off :smoking:

11. #31 Dr. Errl Hammond- B.H.O., Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2014
    unconditional happiness....its one of the few things that is consistent in life.
    good day + weed = better day :hello:
    bad day + weed = better day :smoke:

also, weed never accuses you of "looking" at your wifes cousin

12. i use it to embrace life and whatever it throws at me. i learn through cannibas to be more accepting and less egotistic about my ideas. 

13. I honestly enjoy mind altering substances. Helps me introspect and think of things from other perspectives. Helps me gain insight on things. I try to treat the use of a drug as an individual experience instead of just "getting high".

But, then on the other hand weed helps my depression and relieves headaches that i get often, like no pharmaceutical drug i've ever been prescribed has. 

So i legitimately feel like i use weed recreationally and medicinally at the same time if that makes sense.

14. I restarted smoking after a 6 year hiatus from all drugs. I restarted so I could have something to relax with and maybe quit a couple meds for my head. It was awesome all new again. And the technology had mother fucking evolved and morphed. Bubble hash, vaporisers,concentrates?  I digress, Nice nightly routine turned into most all weekends that turned into daily and before work.Fully functional,clear eyes and no odors anytime I step out the door. I don't get major highs anymore, morning is the best of the day. It has helped me learn to slow my thinking, more positive attitude, acceptance for everything including my own acceptance of who I am. it has helped me be a better worker and employee that now enjoys work more. Fucking love yard work. But over the last couple weeks i have been re-evaluating my use and am seeing how I am not learning as much and not as many the benefits as in the past. So at this point I am still enjoying the fact that it helps slow my brain down enough to be comfortable in my own skin. One day i hope to be a night only toker again, but for now I am ok!

15. I'm hooked on it for its medicinal benefits to treat insomnia and chronic stomach pain.  It's also helpful at stabilizing my mood. 

16. I just like being high.  A weed high isnt overbearing like most other drugs, so I can do it just about whenever I want.  It really just enhances life.  Things I do for fun and even better when I'm high. 

17. Since we are being brutally honest its a good and healthy way for me to escape reality.  It makes me happy with everything, with my life, who I am, what I've done, what I'm doing, where I'm going in life.  I like who I am when I'm high.  I get tired of thinking about suicide everyday, weed helps.

18. Too bad you're on the other side of the world :\\

19. I don't mind taking a break like you said it's a good thing :) thanks and I've been on probation for 6months before this should be like a walk in the park :/

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

20. that's good then mon that you don't mind haha.. And word cause then when we start smoking again our THC level will be completely gone which means we can get high again off of little amount of weed haha 6 months? Dam I would never be able to go that long without smoking lol but no problem dude and yeah it shouldn't be that hard except last night I really had the urge to smoke for some reason but whatever.