Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

If you were to be brutally honest about why you toke....

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by andy85258, Mar 27, 2014.

1. I use cannabis an entheogen, for mainly religious purposes. It helps enhance my third eye sight.

2. #302 Msnarls, Feb 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2015
    Various reason for me. It relaxes me, it motivates me, it can be psychedelic, it makes me giddy, it helps with concentration, and most importantly it allows me to see life from a different perspective and really analyze myself and can help solve some of my inner problems. It's been kind of a "life troubleshooter". I understand things I do and think better and I can "fix" myself and all that work transfers over to my sober life and just makes me a happier person overall.

3. because it's a present from god/nature/karma and I wouldn't want to hurt his/her/it's feelings. they want me to be happy so happy i'll be.

4. So I seem like a cool dude who is always super geeked up on some loud ass fire dro kush

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. to escape the shit that is my reality

6. I started smoking for sleep and panic attacks. Now I mainly smoke to "escape". I'm trying to get my mentally challenged son through his last year of high school and it's proving to be rather overwhelming.

7. i smoke to feel good and have a good time lol

8. I use it as a bond of friendship. I get together with friends and start up a smoke circle and we strengthen our relationship through both smoking and the adventures we have after, even if its just to chill and shoot the shit.

If I'm alone, most often I smoke because I am an introvert. I enjoy the feelings I get which I can reflect on, and even if its to sit back and get high and watch the wind blow. The feeling of being high has always been special to me, and it brings out better qualities in me that I would be proud to display to the world.

So if I had to sum my reason up into a sentence, it'd be Cannabis has a special influence on me and the friends I love

9. #309 foxforcefive, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2015
    I write this as someone who quit smoking from November 2014 to March 5th, 2015. Since Thursday I've smoked about five times, and in that time I've reevaluated my relationship with weed.

It's simply fun. It makes funny movies really funny. It makes poorly made movies even funnier than that. Have you ever watched Jaws: The Revenge while you're stoned? I guarantee you will be in pain from laughter. 

It makes everything you look at and think about feel new, interesting, different. As George Carlin said, weed is a values-changing drug. Everything you see feels like you're looking at it for the first time.

Oh, and it's safe! Of course weed isn't the only substance that causes you to have fun or changes the way you view the world - but it is the safest of the bunch! As a semi-hypochondriac, I could never really enjoy myself on a drug that I know I could overdose on. Even in my worst weed trips, I've felt comfortable knowing that I won't - and physically can't - die from this.

Also it makes me forget about my anxieties while simultaneously making me feel anxious. It makes no sense but I keep going back to Mary Jane!

10. HONESTLY probably because of HABIT. if i NEVER smoked weed before or got into it i probably wouldn't be.. and i have a dealer right down the street my financial situation is good so i can.

11. It makes social situations better and it helps with my depression.

Uh, short term memory here... I think I've posted this on the thread before.

12. Why I started was because it was a great coping mechanism, break up? Blaze. Sad about ugliness? Blaze. Coming down of harder drugs? Blaze. Painfully full from munchies? Blaze. And so on but that was a long time ago and now I think its more a habit than anything and who doesn't enjoying a nice movie while blitzed?

13. #313 cheeto_soda, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2015
    It's fun lmao

14. It's a nice way to wind down for the evening. Granted, I used to be an all day everyday toker, but now I just mainly use it to relax after a long days work. 

15.  every time i light up a spiff i think "shit i love smoking" so i guess now you have your answer.

16. To overcome break up, fill free time in my life, to feel so damn good.

17. At first it was to rid me of my insomnia, now it's for that AND because I just really enjoy the high. Sometimes I feel like a loser because of it but then I tell myself to stop and pretty much get over it lol.

18. To add to my last post, so far I have only gotten high alone. I want to be fully familiar with how weed effects me before I do it socially. I have social anxieties though so I'm sure it will help big time. If I'm not working for hemp fest this year I plan on going have never been before. It also melt away my depressions and takes me away from the stresses of everyday life.

19. Back in the 7th grade i defiantly did it to look "cool". I stopped till 8th grade and learned how it made everything better and more things to do. Now I just love the plant honestly.

20. I first smoked out of curiosity. Now I continue because it's fun. Just sitting at home playing video games is 10000000x more fun when high. I don't need it for medicinal reasons though.