Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

If you were to be brutally honest about why you toke....

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by andy85258, Mar 27, 2014.

1. I do it because I get to help people on GC!!

2. To look at the world in a different way and insomnia

3. I cant give an exact explanation but when I smoke, its like a switch flipped in my noggin that lets me view problems from a different angle and I often find myself saying 'I wouldn't have realized that if I was sober atm'

also most of the time I like to chill and do jack shit and herb is perfect for that

4. Makes my lack of patience and quick temper go away.....just mellows me out

5. I stopped smoking and started dabbing snide it's easier on my lungs. I used it and still use it for medical needs

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. My life isn't too bad, mj is the ketchup on my fries. I love fries, th we ketchup is a welcome addition

7. The first time I ever got high, I experienced the best feeling of my entire life.  I was so disappointed when I came down.  I never wanted to come down again.  I loved the escape and psychedelic effect.  That was when I was about 18yo (44 years ago!). 

Career and family became my priority in my life so I quit for many years.  Later, after several counselors, I began to understand that I have suffered a functional depression my entire life.  Hence, my immediate love for pot. 

Since retirement I now self medicate for depression, and love it for recreation.  Pot enhances my consciousness.  No longer do I smoke with the "getting totally wasted dude" mentality.  To me now, it is spiritual.  It helps move the ego out of the way and allows me to be in more open state to spirit (or God, the All, Buddah, Universe, Jehoveh...whomever, with great respect to all).  For me, smoking pot is a state of active meditation. When stoned I function normally, feed animals, keep house, clean, cook, read, hike, kayak... I just do things in a much more pleasant state of consciousness.  

At this point in my life, getting stoned is a pleasantry.  Like a cup of coffee, or a glass of wine.  I forget it is illegal in my state, it feels so natural for me.  And I have no one around me that smokes pot, I am a happy loner stoner. 

8. It's healthier to smoke weed than not tbh, helps with so many conditions & prevents diseases as well, for sure alzhimers. Uhh makes me kinda let go of all the bullshit and drama in life and Zens me out. Helps me meditate too

Peace/Love

9. too escape reality

10. To be brutally honest, I just really enjoy getting high and it's nice to be able to do so without the fear of dying because I consumed too much.

11. I sometimes have high levels of stress and insomnia.

12. Insomnia, anxiety, back and neck issues.

And it's 100x better than drinking.

13. Helps me sleep, stops me from thinking about 1000 things at once, stress relief, better than Ritalin or Adderall, and who the fuck doesn't like getting baked?

14. Stopped smoking for around 8 months, since the early summer. Just started 2 days ago again because my girl cheated on me. Couldn't even eat anything for almost a week before starting, but now it's helping a little..

15. It's my medicine, it's what makes me become myself, I put used to put on a face all the time anywhere I went then I found my lady Mary Jane, she helps me think and helps me realize things that I wouldn't have. She calms me after a long day at work, soothes my pain and although I'm only 20 I don't think I will stop seeing her anytime soon if ever:)

16. I don't have any medical problems other than anxiety, but bud just brightens every aspect of my day. When I smoke, it's not just to get high but to discover new sounds, feelings about people, etc. It's like a cure-all elixir or something man.

17. Makes every day like Christmas morning. Every sack, hit, nug and high is a little celebration. It turns every day into a good day. It gives you the excitement that you'd otherwise hardly ever come by, every single time you do it. Honestly, I don't know how I could've got this far in life without it. Maybe I could've, but it wouldn't have been nearly as awesome.
    After a childhood and adolescence of smoking blunts daily (more like constantly) I stopped for two years as I thought I'd found love, and though I lived through and enjoyed those years, the shit was on my mind every damn day. Everything reminded me of it.
    After the relationship ended, it took 20 minutes of shock before I realized I could smoke again and I've been on a nonstop high ever since. That was six months ago. I now wake up happier every day, with a partner who loves to blaze as much as I do!
    I think my whole philosophy on life changed the day I started smoking again. I realized that life is too short to abstain and just think about what it MIGHT be like to do this or try that.

18. Keeps me from being a raging alcoholic.

19. Helps my creative juices flow, I feel unrestricted and connected with everything. Also helps with my anxiety

20. I just smoke so I won't get fined