Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

If you were to be brutally honest about why you toke....

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by andy85258, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Anxiety stomach pain and helps me sleep and stay calm about thing s

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Without it my appetite just sucks, and since I work construction (framing) eating big nutritious meals is a must. I also get antsy as fuck on slow days where I'm trapped indoors. And I have trouble enjoying things until i catch a high.

3. I use the metaphor of it being a sort of elixir; if the world was like a foggy window, its a way to wipe away the excess. To gain a clearer view. 

Then, in another physical capacity, It provides relief from a number of commonly experienced aliments, such as my chronic migraines and insomnia :)

4. Multiple reasons (no order)
    -looking back, I went on quite a rant and I'm sorry if I sound like a fool. Little high. Just kept typing.
    1. Have fun with friends
    2. SOME movies seem like they are meant for it
    3. Relax & relieve stress
    4. This one sounds lame because one would think that you should be able to control yourself but, for some reason, I've always just had a more experimental personality and have been more tempted to try various drugs. (Try anything twice, you know?) but anyways, smoking has definitely decreased my urge to do anything else, even drink. Which is good for me considering I'm constantly trying to improve my physique and maintain overall health and alcohol is detrimental to both goals.
    5. Sleep- can't sleep without a J.
    6. Just to appreciate and enjoy everything a tad bit more.
    7. Smoke 'em if you got em
    8. Free is good.
    Reasons I won't smoke:
    1. Big test in an hour
    2. Microbio or Orgo Chem within the hour. (Pre-med)
    3. No bud. <- but who would ever let that happen?
    4. I guess I'll be getting tested soonish by some medical facility when I graduate. -let's hope it's legal by then.
    I just wanted to talk...

Smoke up, lay down.

5. Yeah i got kinda mentally dependent on it.. im not really depressed when i dont smoke but a party without weed is straight boring for me. I smoke because i love being in an altered state

6. I like to get fucked up

7. I wasn't really too intrigued on it at first, and actually for the longest time didn't want to start smoking but eventually my friends from away started and they told me stories so I became interested and really wanted to try... best choice I've made :)

It does have incredible social benefits, in this day it's very easy to find people that smoke or utilize marijuana and it's something you can do with your friends. 

8. The money I sell snd smoke. The other reason is I live in a very stressful situation. Im 20 years old no family. Only two people remain constant in my life. And dads very ill. Must pay the bills but my heads gotta be clear so I dont get caught up in some fucked up shananigans not going into that btw but it calms me down so i.e. my heads clear.

9. when im sober, i think way too much in general since im an introvert.
    getting high prevents me from thinking in depth, which relieves a lot of stress for me.

10. Fun, sometimes to treat insomnia for a bit.

11. Because its addicting. I find when i take a break the smoking aspect isnt as enjoyable until the high kicks in abit.

But also I think i just like to smoke so why not smoke the best shit

Physical or mental. addiction is addiction.

12. In 8th grade, I made my mind up that I would high just once out of curiosity. After that, I said I would never do them again and focus on my basketball career, as I was one of the best players in the state. After I got completely screwed by my high school the next few years, with a combination of literally what might be the worst 2 coaches of ALL TIME and selfish teammates who would rather have their name in the paper than win the freaking game, I decided basketball wasn't worth shaping my life around, as it made me depressed. I would routinely be the only kid who got recruited to play in college, and then get in a game only to watch these two other kids shoot us out of games.

Anyway, I got around to doing research on marijuana, as I had always been skeptical of the propaganda surrounding it. After coming to the conclusion weed is relatively harmless, I tried it for the first time the Summer going into my Junior year. Me and a friend made a pledge to only smoke on weekends to ensure it wouldn't take control of our lives. I smoked almost every weekend after that for recreation and as an enhancement to regular activities. I smoked for these reasons once a week for an entire year. I played football this year (I'm a Senior), and I would be extremely sore after every game, as I'm only a buck forty-five and I start on offense and defense. After every one of those 10 games, I would toke with my stoner football buddies (all starters, so we were all sore) for hours. We went from really sore and stiff to being able to walk around fluently.

To summarize, I smoke for recreation purposes only, but I love the extra medicinal effects, especially if I'm sore and stiff.

13. I'm a bit of crazy by both nature and nurture. Smoking soothes and smoothes my ragged edges.

Plus, I just love, love, love getting high.

14. Tbh I do it cuz it's one of the only things that makes me enjoy life. Life is lame and boring but with weed I have an altered view on everything making me more open minded about things. I used to be pretty butt hurt about my ex leaving me and ganja always has my back.

I also do it cuz it's funny as shit with people and helps with social anxiety lol

15. I have crohns,migraines, and GERD.
    I like the way it makes me feel
    Helps me eat/sleep/relax/less pain
    it's a good way to wind down
    so many reasons

16. I love it i wouldnt mind being a bum as long as i make enough to smoke weed

Im here to fuck shit up

17. I like the way you put that. Its another readon I do it.

18. I'm enjoying natures fruit. Something not processed like alcohol and pills.
    Cannabis is an amazing plant. It's great after a stressful day of work, curbs arthritis pain in my hands. Helps me forget the bullshit that the world dishes out. I'm also a shy, quiet person and it helps me break that tension I get with a new person or environment. It enhances life in general. Helps me sleep, focus, wake up. I would say I'm a heavy toker. Mornings, noon, before dinner, before bed. I do not feel guilty in any way for doing so. Weed is not a drug.

19. Exactly the same reason. It's one thing I still find joy in. I'm a very angry person so it also keeps me more calm. I always end up abusing it and it's a shitty cycle. But it's gotten be by. Doctors can't help.

Flo64

20. It brings me back to my inner kid self. You know how when you are young you are full of curiosity and wonder, imagination and creativity? Littler things put a smile on your face and you just aren't stressed about life. I'd say that's why I smoke.