Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

If you were to be brutally honest about why you toke....

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by andy85258, Mar 27, 2014.

1. I smoke to treat my insomnia and anxiety, to prevent migraine auras, and to be able to mentally disengage at the end of the day. Truth be told, without weed I am an asshole as well. No sense of humor, and just a general prick. My personality changed a lot once I started blazing every night....for the better!

You smoke pot to help you breathe better, huh? :laughing: you guys are masters of self-delusion

3. I suppose I do it out of habit now, though I appreciated the herb most once I realized how successfully it tones down my thoughts and thought processes. I'm quite manic otherwise, formerly in a self-destructive way. It's been so many years now that I'm not sure who I'd be without weed for an extended time.

I'm going to find out soon. I lose my steady supply next month.

4. I do because that's who I am..All this time I thought I still needed to find my passion due to years being treated like a loser stoner by society but I finally accepted that I'm a marijuana farmer and fuck the people that dont accept my passion

5. i like being high. i fucking love it. more than that it was tremendously helpful when i went through chemo / radiation. it continues to this day to help with my back issues, abdominal issues and nausea. honestly, i couldn't rightly live with out it. i tried all of the pharmaceuticals available and none of them came any where close to what medicinal marijuana does for me. :metal:

6. who says I smoke? An it's a bronchial dilator so it opens up your airways an anti inflammatory so my airways won't get Enflamed an I won't have a attack, do some research learn some facts lol you trolls nowadays need to learn to read better, I have my card for asthma an pain management go read some studies or something.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I smoke it because being high is fun sometimes. 

Don't need no people acting like bob marley, or anybody claiming weed will cure aids amongst every other illness on the planet. Just smoke your dope and keep it quiet.

8. #248 Old School Smoker, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2014
    Brutally honest eh?  I do it because the federal Government tells me not to.

9. I brutally beat my dick when I'm high.

10. When it comes to medicinal benefits, it's helped me sleep and stay asleep, lessened my frequency of panic attacks a lot, and helped with my depression in ways that are too hard to explain.

But besides that, I love the process of it and the work that goes into it, and when I'm high I feel more loving because I enjoy everything going on around me more (so that ties in w/ depression as well).

wow, that's like exactly the same as me, except for the sleeping thing. when I smoke I seem to have a much lower chance of getting a panic attack and I also feel like being high makes me a lot nicer and happier because I am

12. If I'm going to be perfectly honest, it's because I"m a drug addict and weed is the one thing I can do all the time without it fucking up my life. 

13. I started because it was a new experience. Years later, I continue to smoke for the social aspect, insomnia relief, and it enhances everything for me.

I'm pretty dependent, unfortunately though.

"Aye man how's my driving?"

"Uhh I think we're parked man..."

14. I like it lol..

15. #255 SergeantMeowstein, Nov 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2014
    I have an irregular sleeping pattern that impairs my daily ability to function. Melatonin helps sometimes but cannabis works every time. Then there's the fucked thoughts I get, fueled further by ADD and this weird sense of urgency to do everything while incapable of doing nothing because of the racing chaos, which I can suppress with cannabis. 

Then there's the Northern regular, seasonal depression, gets me every winter despite putting up a conscious willingness to fight it.
    My creative pursuits do not necessarily need cannabis but I've never been as inspired as I am when baked. 

It even helped me with social anxiety and overall made me way more relaxed and indifferent to things that used to freak me out. 

16. I smoke to end my night in a positive manner.

I smoke to end my night in a positive manner.

17. I used to have pretty frequent/daily panic attacks for no reason. They would just happen (particularly in crowds or groups of people; I've always been nervous around crowds) I'd turn pale white/lips white, and shaking, and people would grow concerned and I would casually tell them that I have random panic attacks that I can't control and that I'd be fine in about 10 minutes, the panic attacks stopped when I started my daily pot use. Mind and body relaxation is all I really needed I guess.
    The panic attacks are tied in with my anxiety/depression if anyone is curious. I'm prescribed Zoloft, but I don't think they work for me but I'm too lazy to go through the effort of trying a million combinations of anxiety medication,I stopped taking them a couple months ago, (I have refills left and it hasn't expired yet) but honestly I don't need them with pot in my life. Pot not only helps my anxiety in crowds, but it helps me socially in general. Frequent pot use has calmed me down as a person, and in general. Sober or high now a days I'm pretty relaxed. I was court ordered anger management back when I was in highschool. Now a days I don't even remember the last time I was mad. (That's an expression I actually do remember the last time I was mad but that's aside the point!) sorry. I'm high as fuck. 😁

18. Not really 100% sure why which is kind of sad on Its own. I love being high and I guess when I'm high It's easier to focus on everything except myself and whatever is going on in my life causing me stress. It's like when I exhale the smoke I'm temporarily exhaling my troubles for a while. It helps me relax and think of certain things with a much clearer view and helps me make logical decisions regarding certain topics. Unfortunately I have a mental dependence which I'm still trying to break, I will just get irritable more easily, have trouble sleeping and switching between two cold and too hot although I know It's all in my head, weed just makes things better sometimes

19. Couple reasons. First being that iis fun second usually cheers me up.

20. #260 LinkDead56k, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2014
    Initially because I loved the high. It was a way for my friends and I to bond more and make awesome memories that I am so grateful to have.

Then it became more for spirituality. My friends had moved after years of fun, and it became a way to find deeper meanings in my life and life in general. It became a way to truly expand my mind. I went back to school to finish my bachelor's degree and it helped me get through all the papers and just to maintain mental sanity.  

And now it's medicine for my eosinaphilic esophagitis. I have always had stomach and throat issues, but I never knew what caused it. All I knew was that I felt better after smoking. Long story short I have been diagnosed with EE within the last year or so and it turns out I have been self medicating the whole time I have been using cannabis. I have tried using prescribed meds without MMJ and it didn't work. In combination it does wonders.

But of course I still love it for the way it makes me feel. But it has just changed so much for me. It's not JUST to get high anymore. The cannabis plant really is magical..I am happy to have gone through as many journeys as I have with it...and will continue to.