Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

If you were to be brutally honest about why you toke....

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by andy85258, Mar 27, 2014.

1. All of this. Also, while I do meet a lot of people and become friends with people through smoking, I'm more of a homebody. I just like being alone to do what I want. So smoking weed makes that better. Instead of sitting around the house bored I'm sitting around mega baked watching "figure it out" on YouTube.

2. It makes me feel good, makes being bored at home doing nothing tolerable, makes nights more fun, and helps keep my mind off of depression.

Sent from my N800 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. #203 goodseasons, Aug 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014
    I just love to get high

4. It makes everything 1000x better, and i love it :smoke:

Happy toking

5. Helps me meditate and get a better grasp on myself and my mental state when done in moderation and alone.

Great socially WITH FRIENDS, not a big fan of toking with strangers.

And the #1 reason is when I'm doing physical activities, makes me zone out everything else much better and I tend to perform at a higher level.

Honestly though I used to use it as a crutch for my depression.

6. Just the way it makes you feel... I remember the very first time I was offered to smoke it would of been when I was 13 years old if I had to guess, I was so scared just for the fact I didn't want to smell like it, didn't wanna know how it felt like to smoke it, etc... wasn't until a couple years later that a few friends of mine started smoking who lived in another province (Canadian here) and they told me stories so I was intrigued by that and so I went up that summer and smoked a fair amount of times, honestly I never really got HIGH while I was there, could of been bad weed or just wasn't smoking it right idk... we were 9th graders so we didn't exactly have many things to use, mostly it was a water bottle bong or shitty joints. It wasn't until I got back and my brother found out I smoked that we used a lung and I got absolutely fucked, words cannot describe how bad I was. 

Why I do nowadays is just the way it makes you feel... I have absolutely zero medical problems or issues, I just smoke strictly for recreational use because it makes me feel good, and I've become accustomed to smoking at this point in my life and I don't see myself stopping any time soon.  :bongin:

7. I toke because my thoughts are always racing and wondering so weed just kinda quiets my mind and helps me calm down when I'm pissed about something lol I guess the same reason most people do it's just a nice escape from reality.

8. #208 CherCherried, Aug 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2014
    Before, around the time I first started, I liked the feeling of "losing" myself and I overall had more fun while high. Everything was funnier and food tasted better. Now I think I do it more out of habit. I don't have too much of a problem taking a break here and there, but now it's to help me sleep and pass the time.

9. I think a lot of people here will agree that weed totally opens up new friendships all the time. I was a little stunned just how fast it happened when I first started smoking, just meeting new people constantly and hanging out with new groups of other stoners. There is just an entire branch of unique people that you never normally would have met in your life, weed brings people together because it heightens all activities and relaxes everyone.

It's a special thing, nobody should be ashamed of using it in my opinion.

10. I honestly started toking about 3 years ago because I was curious about it. Now, I have been smoking to alleviate stress, but now, I think things are slowly turning for the better. Still a toker though  :smoking:

11. Completely honest? I've had a history of depression and anxiety, if I hadn't found out about this beautiful plant, I most likely wouldn't be here typing this now. Does that mean I'm dependent on it? Not at all, I can function fine without it. But, after a long day of work and other shit, toking it up helps reset my stress level so I'm able to eat and sleep and actually want to get out of bed.  :smoke:

12. Because it makes me feel good

Sent from my LG-D851 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. to slow down my shitty thoughts. not stop them, but slow them down

14. Because a murder wrap would suck

Sent from my ME173X using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Started toking for the medicinal benefits(insomnia/depression/appetite), still toking for the spiritual benefits(meditation aide/mindset/compassion/etc).

16. It makes life worth living.

17. This and it calms my nerves, helps me sleep better, and makes me eat.

18. wow, never thought the thread would get this big lol, i would also like to add that it makes life fun and interesting for me again. My life is so boring and i cant even do very much in this town cause i never have money. 

19. A lot of people say it's because it helps them sleep, and stimulate appetite and shit. But this shit happens not because a disease,it's because of the mj addict.
    If you are used to smoke before sleep,after a while you will get insomnia if you don't smoke. Same goes for eating. Get you shit together people,not everything is a disease. Of course there are some real cases too.

Honestly speaking, I smoked the first time by curiosity ,and now I smoke to make things more interesting. Weed is awesome, we are so lucky to have this awesome plant.

Sent from the Dark Side of the Moon.

20. Because a day without herbs is like a day without water