Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

If you were to be brutally honest about why you toke....

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by andy85258, Mar 27, 2014.

1. Ptsd. I had a really fucked up child hood. I dwell on things that i gone threw. Mj relives this. Ptsd also causes insomnia for me, so it helps with that also. Ive got some bad demons within me. So i get em stoned. Save ur talk to a therapist bs. I spent years hiding the signs i went threw from others. Be impossible to break habit n open up to somebody. Nor would i want to

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I have severe social anxiety. It helps me relax.

3. If I'm being brutally honest... I started because I had the opportunity. I was offered a stash from a friend who was moving to the mainland and couldn't of course fly with it.

A little info about myself though. I suffer from anxiety and physical pain left over from foot correction surgery which reduced the amount, but not completely removed it.

The anxiety keeps me from enjoying things the way everyone else seems to. I am very reserved with my emotions even my pleasant ones. I go through the motions I expect I should have or force myself to show them so others don't think I am depressed. Weed makes me feel normal and more outgoing. I will laugh at funny parts in movies instead of just going "heh" or "hmph". I am more affectionate to my loved ones as well.

For pain it helps me move around after sitting for a while. The muscles in my foot stiffen around my heel and bottom of my foot making me limp if I am off of it for any amount of time. I can walk all day with some ibuprofen or naproxen, but when I sit for a bit and get up the pain is really bad.

4. Used to toke for fun, now I just do it because of habit. Don't think my life
    would be any different without weed.

5. #185 ilovemycat, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
    At first I started toking just because I like being high (duh)
    now though, weed plays a big part in my life lol purely bc it's there when you need it man, when ur stressing out just roll a fatty and forget all about everything

mary jane is the most loyal friend I got (how sad is tht lol)

6. #186 Texiego, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
    I smoke it for religious reasons i believe it has therapeutic properties .it mellows me out and my mind doesn't wander or stray from The Lord.

Respect.

7. I live in a different dimension

8. to be honestly real wit myself...the only reason I still smoke is because its just a lifestyle at this point. I got into it a few years back as a teen experimenting and probably hyped it up to myself more than its really worth. Now I just toke cuz its just what me and the homies do...weeds our ONLY common interest and i kinda loathe it but it is what it is...

9. Honestly. Social anxiety and I've accepted the fact that I will have to quit to better my future.. (Job, Save money, etc) So I'm smoking as much as I can before I make that transition to adulthood. It makes me sad but once I don't have to worry about drug tests and my moneys straight ima go back to my pothead ways.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. Being brutally honest i smoke to feel that transition from sober to high its like youre la di da di da all good and you re-focus your eyes and look out into the world and notice youre baked. I like stepping into that door. Its like going into another dimension.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity

11. I toke because I love being high. I smoke at least a blunt a day. Weed actually helps me get through the day .

Stonerrr

12. Really only to enjoy things more, have more fun!

13. I like to get toasted out of my head just so i can escape reality for a few moments. The "real" world fatigues my soul. It also enhances music which I enjoy a lot while high. Also, it helps me see the bigger picture in everything in life.

14. I only smoke when I'm stressed! Not being stoned is what causes me stress! :hippie:

15. I like the deep feeling of relaxation, the form of relaxation where your pain/thoughts float straight out of your mind. Where you can reflect back on yourself/others until the feeling of being body numb and ready to sleep arises.

16. I'd say my reasons are simple:

1. I like to get high.

2. The medicinal benefits (In addition to being an anti-bacterial and anesthetic, marijuana also makes great food. Hemp seeds have every vital nutrient needed by the human body.)

3. The bud itself. Have you ever seen a plant that looks more ridiculous than weed? It can posess almost any color, sprouts crystals (freaking CRYSTALS!) from its leaves, and even the shape of the leaves is just enticing. Bud looks amazing.

4. The smell. I've never understood anyone that didn't like the smell of weed. People descirbe it as "skunk" or relate it to something like a fart, but I seriously don't get this. People must have something wrong with their noses because good weed smells like a blessed blueberry pie from the heavens. (Maybe they've just never had good weed...)

5. The potential. What other plant has so many uses and applications? Weed really could save the world, if only we could save weed FROM the world...

17. im bored not really a good habit

18. A.) Improves my perception/outlook to a normal level
    B.) Chronic back & neck pain, due to arthritis (in this regard it's a godsend..not quite as effective as true narcotics, but the synergy provides for superior analgesia)
    C.) Stress relief
    D.) Sleep
    E.) Boredom, occasionally

It really helps me see the bigger picture, grand scheme, if you will, and clears my head so I can think, REALLY THINK on my life or whatever I think about..and then make a decision on what to do, after viewing the situation from all angles, not just mine.

19. The lifestyle, culture, mentality, and the great times and adventures that it brings!!!!

20. #200 Lawlerskates, Jul 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 30, 2014
    It makes things more enjoyable, and it's not very difficult or expensive to get. Fun to use. Makes work go by easier. Makes music more fun to listen to. It's just a fun activity to do while doing other things (like watching TV, listening to music, talking to friends, etc.). Brings people together and helps socialize - and has introduced me and brought me close to tons of people who I likely wouldn't as friends with otherwise. People who I respect use it regularly. I could probably go on endlessly about why I like it. I have ZERO shame about it and I enjoy challenging people who don't use weed.