Cat owners beware

Discussion in 'Pets' started by SirLockHolmes, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Fuck that!! I think its illegal where i live anyway

my cat climbs up the curtains and shit lmao but i just dont give a fuck

2. My cats are declawed.  I would rather declaw then have to trim nails as I am afraid I would cut it down too short.

3. #63 moreherb, Apr 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2014
    My cat Opi's nails are tearing up the drywall on the corners. She has 2 scratching post, a kitty castle, some cardboard, a leather couch, and a grow tent to scratch on. Her nails are sharp as fuckkk. She's a lil princess though, very smart and she's starting to leave my couch alone. 

I learned that my cat likes to scratch the corner of things so I buy a toy for every corner I want to protect.

And keeping her nails sharp makes her super fast and agile on the carpet. She is a lil acrobat. Im about to put up shelves for her.

4. About 6 months ago a girl at my work got her hand bit by a dog because she saw a hole in someones fence with a dog trying to squeeze through and rather than knocking on the persons door to let them know she went over to the dog and got bitten. People are dumb 

5. 2 of my cats are declawed, well I got them from a shelter and they already were and I have a cat that isn't. Its kind of funny when I rub the declawed ones belly and they hit me with their paws they are like oven mitts ha

6. That is very poor logic.

Many deadly pathogens can remain hidden for weeks before symptoms manifest. Ya know, like rabies?

Domestic.cats aren't even native to the new world, anyway. Encouraging them colonize natural land is a total Dick move. A single cat loose in the wilderness can spread toxoplasmosis, destroy habitat, pollute the genetics of native felids, and spread invasive species like mallow and other non-native plants.

Before people open their mouths, they should think, first!

7. #67 GetUsedToIt, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2014
    I didn't know people declawed their cats and to be honest I don't think it's right to de-anything an animal. Well besides getting it spayed/neutered.
    But anyway, I took care of a cat for a couple years and used to pinch it's paws. (There was something about seeing/feeling my cat's claw draw and retract that I liked) And ever since, cats reminded me of the way wolverine draws his claws minus the pain.

Like wolverine's claws, I think the claws of a cat should not be remove because it is a genuine part of the cat.
    And you're gadamn right that shit will hurt.

8. If the cat is chill and let's ya play with the paws it actually feels really good to em when ya do that, kinda releases the brain chemical that makes em happy when they knead, and not to mention it's like a massage kinda...

9. Don't it changed my cat and I wish I never did and if he did scratch you he's just a mean cat declawing wouldn't change that just make him depressed

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

10. Don't declaw them. I have also heard alot of horror stories about it. It is exactly the same as removing your fingers. Just get a scratching post and he should just use that. My first cat always used it and never touched the furniture. My current cat started to scratch the couch, but i got her with a squirt gun a few times and she learned. My sisters cat you have to trim his claws about every 2 weeks because he does occasionally pluck the furniture 

11. #71 Slavakonov, Aug 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2014
    My cat was never declawed, and they ended up growing so long they curled and punctured the pad on her paw. We took her to the vet and they were able to trim it, but it was very painful experience for her. Since that happened we've been trimming her claws just above the blood vessel (which is clearly visible) so she doesn't feel the pain of totally losing the claw, but also so they don't grow too long again.

I would recommend any cat owner to take them to see a vet, granted you can afford it. They will give you instructions on how to do it & also give your the proper clippers so you can do it yourself.

12. Your technically right when having sex there is ALWAYS a possibility of getting a girl pregnant. Its jus taking certain steps lowers the possibility

13. Declawing cats is unforgivable cruel and should be punishable by law. The veterinarians do it for money, throw it in with a neutering and shots like its no big deal. After seeing declared mountain lions die of rot and inactivity do to declawing I have no sympathy for those who handicap their animals for bullshit reasons. If you can't handle cat claws you don't deserve a cat.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1