Cat owners beware

Discussion in 'Pets' started by SirLockHolmes, Mar 26, 2014.

1. #21 *guest, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2014

I think neutering is very different... it's preventing more animals from being brought into the world when there are already so many without homes, rather than just preventing your cat from destroying your couch. :poke:

If you ask me, it's incredibly irresponsible to not spay/neuter your pets in most cases. 

2. my gf wanted to declaw our cat's, I asked if she would be willing to give up her fingers to...

although, my kitten does drive me a LITTLE insane, but, the fact that hes still a kitten and learning makes up for it.

3. If that's the way nature chooses to take it's course then who are we to stand in the way?

Could say the same thing about using birth control, but fucked if I want to be a baby factory because of "nature" :p 

5. Birth control is also playing nature. If you don't want to be a "baby factory" then don't have sex constantly (it's just that simple) only do it to reproduce as it was intended for. Just masturbate or have oral sex.

What you mean is "don't have sex ever". Having sex constantly is not a requirement for getting pregnant. :p 

But I guess this is something we'll just fundamentally disagree on. I see nothing wrong with taking precautions to prevent pregnancy, in humans or animals. 

7. Well shit, this thread went from one pussy to the other in two pages...nice

8. I respect your opinions but please understand I'm not saying never have sex (unless you ABSOLUTELY wish not to have children)  I'm simply implying that you should have sex in moderation unless you want to become "a baby dumpster" as you call it or just a mother in general. I just think plan b ,birth control ,and abortion is nothing less than playing god and or nature (it's not necessarily wrong in my eyes may I mind you depending upon the situation at hand that may have led to those actions).

9. Im a dog person

Personally, I don't see birth control as "playing god" any more than abstaining from sex. Either way you're making a choice about whether or not you want to make babies. 

11. Correct either way you are making a choice but if you choose to have sex (which is for reproduction purposes not pleasure) just to have sex and become pregnant with child then it would be playing god to rid yourself of said living creature just to benefit your own selfish wants. It's the fact that you're making a choice to take the life of another creature that you created that's viewed as playing god (and or nature for my atheist friends out there) not the fact of making choices in itself.

Based on...? 

13. #33 Delightfully High, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2014
    The anatomy of men and women and also evolution. My girl says sex is used for both reproduction and pleasure (not my opinion but a good one I guess).

Why can't pleasure be a legitimate use for it? :confused: 

15. I'm not saying it can't be I'm just saying I don't think it is (but what do I know I'm not god these are just my opinions). I just feel as though reproduction is a lot more important than pleasure to nature thus making it the most viable explanation for sex.

16. #36 MooseyPoo, Apr 8, 2014
    I always thought of the pleasure as an incentive to procreate.

Also, there's no way in hell I'd ever get my cat declawed. He has way too much fun climbing trees and fences, chasing after birds and whatnot. He's never really been one to scratch up, well, anything.. Besides a few mice  :p

17. #37 *guest, Apr 8, 2014

I don't think sex needs an explanation. 

It's just an act that can result in both pleasure and procreation. You don't need to use it for either, though most people use it for one or the other. Or both. 

I enjoy sex because it's pleasurable. However, I don't ever want kids and I will take precautions against procreating while having sex for pleasure. 

If I end up pregnant, I will get an abortion because I don't have any moral objections toward removing a barely developed bundle of cells from my uterus. 

But like I said, just something we'll fundamentally disagree on :p

Also, I will get my pets spayed because I don't expect my cat to know that her having sex and getting all prego with kittens may have a direct effect on the amount of cats stuck in animal shelters. 

If you don't neuter a housecat it "sprays" on walls like a skunk to mark its territory..once  you smell it you won't be saying fuck neutering..plus if you have multiple cats, they will be producing even more cats if you don't neuter..neutering would save alot of cats from being born into shitty lives

19. #39 lFourTwenty, Apr 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2014

If sex isn't for pleasure at all, why are all women born with a clitoris? It serves no function in the reproductive process, it's function is purely for pleasure

Also, if every person in the world reproduces a kid or two, what happens when the earth is filled to capacity? Is it already filled to capacity? Look at China, India, etc. Overpopulation is dangerous to the existence of human life..too much of us and not enough of everything else

20. trimming their claws is much better, if the cat for some reason runs away thru a open door or window, he has no way of defending himself from other cats out there, he's just a defenseless prey without claws

Sent from my iPhone, 100% baked, using Grasscity Forum