Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is thinking really that scary?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by hermione420, Mar 26, 2014.

1. This is how I think when I'm stoned:

"I wonder how many miles space is? Let's see, it goes 100 billion light years and then it stops at a wall.

Uh.....ok...so what behind the wall? I know! Another 100 billion light years!"

This is how I think when I am sober:
    "
      "space....who gives a fuck?"

2. It definitely makes me think. But I've always had this theory about people. Some people are honestly afraid of their own thoughts. So if they smoke or whatever and start thinking..weed forces you (or at least me) to be very introspective & objective. I see things for what and how they really are, and it's all very blunt (no pun). It is what it is, and that is a very scary thing for a lot of people. It's also dependent on mood. If I'm already melancholy, and it's like rainy outside..then my mood might be a little weird while I'm high. Just try to take it all in stride and maybe find some activities if you find yourself struggling with thoughts or anxiety :)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. The mind is such a beautiful, complex thing. It is there for a reason and that is to be used! Cannabis has made that easier for me for sure.

Think about it, if you exercise a muscle it gets bigger and stronger. I cannot say for sure, but it would make sense that exercising the mind would make it "stronger" too.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. When your mind is racing is feels as if you're not in control anymore.  That's why it's scary.

5. For me, that's when the fun begins.

I'm not a fan of it, my mind drifts towards negativity most often which isn't fun.  I can see that though if your on some positive vibes.

7. I'm not immune to the dark side, though I'll tend to just observe rather than allow my illusion/delusions to influence me. Sort of like watching a movie. Sometimes there's a lesson to be learned about what causes a certain negative feeling. Maybe there's a shame or fear hiding in the closets that I missed. After 40+ years of toking, I don't let much bother me anymore.

8. I'm much like the original poster, who is constantly thinking whether high or not; so I'm used to it. Though I'm basically always high, so...haha. However, sometimes when something happens to shift my mood negative, since I'm thinking in a much more concentrated way, it can get really dark and I overreact.

The times it effects me the most is when I have to go to a public event or go somewhere where a lot of people are gonna be. I start thinking about people, how we all do the same things, our bodies, the way society is, etc. When I'm driving, I think too deep about how odd it is we all drive cars, follow the grid that is set up & just haha. I'm sure yall know what I'm talking about.

9. #49 Crackhead420, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2014
    That's why I watch TV when Im high cause it blocks thinking, I just think stupid boring shit that kills my buzz

10. WE DON'T NEED NO THOUGHT CONTROL!!!! :metal:
    But it's kind of good thing sometimes.
    Especially when you're thinking.
    I think?

11. I hate my mind and the negativity it tends to produce, maybey it's due to the vibes my fam tends to put out. One of frustration and always having a problem.  Meh this is why i like to watch cartoons or play games when stoned.

12. Only if you think about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bcYppAs6ZdI

13. Metacognition is kind of scary. But I think that's why I embrace it so much.

14. I actually use cannabis for the opposite reason... it simplifies my thinking a bit in certain ways. My 'sober' thought pattern causes depression and anxiety.

15. spot on.

16. It's usually anxiety. I constantly think whether I'm inebriated or sober, but meditation and Cannabis tends to shut down my brain. I notice that thinking too much tends to ruin the moment or ruin my focus on test, but stimulation of curiosity shouldn't be a negative thing.

17. If you think about thinking your brain will trick you into being confused.

18. Constantly thinking about Funyuns maybe

19. Not for me. I love the random thoughts that float through my head.

20. #60 whiteboard, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
    Robert Frost warns his readers not to think too much about the meaning of life because, if they do, they'll come to a realization that life has no true meaning and become depressed.

Smoke up, lay down.
    But also, Descartes said, "I think, therefore I am"

Smoke up, lay down.