I Need Help Trying to Even Out Bubba Kush

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by MrMileHigh, Mar 26, 2014.

1. I'm a first time grower that's getting ready to start flowering next week, and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on how I could even out my Bubba Kush canopy a little more. Yes, she's a little bit over watered right now, but that will be solved in a few days.
    Basically, what would be the best way to get the main cola out of the way so the tops below get more light?

Or, should I not mess with it so late in veg? Should I cut her head off and clone her?

The picture with my hand in it is showing what's hidden beneath the top.

Attached Files:

2. Sea of Green or screen for Bubba. That plant gets a lil bushy when you top it a lot. I just got rid of my mother bubba

3. do a search for "super cropping"

that'll help even things out for sure..

4. The Bubba Kush I've grown out responded VERY well to super-cropping - can't hurt to read up a little...........

5. I'm growing pure Bubba Kush this run so this is good info. I had some Master Bubba Kush about a year ago and that turned out well so I think this one should be great! (at least I hope so)

6. I ended up super cropping it and it's already turning out to be a great idea. First time ever doing it, and actually had to be much more aggressive with it than I thought since it was the main stem.

Thanks for the input guys. I'll post pictures when she wakes up.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Here's how she looks now!

Attached Files:

8. I kept at it until the trichs were starting to form, sometimes working it twice a day.
    The result.....
    bubbak.jpg

9. looking good.. do u got a scope to check your trichs?

10. She's starting to fill out nicely and perk back up. Super-cropping worked so well I decided to do it to one of my Strawberry Creme plants as well. Flowering starts tomorrow!

Attached Files:

11. ^^^^^
    Them's some happy lookin' kids right there, just sayin'

12. Repotted them into 7 gallon pots with 60/40 mix of Fox Farm Ocean Forest and Perlite for flowering. This is my first grow, so please excuse my attempt at LST on one of the Bubbas... It's not pretty!

Attached Files:

13. They're adjusting nicely to their new homes.

Attached Files:

14. LOL, lst & supercropping never looks good early on.
    Once those buds start growin' tho, who's gonna give a sh*t about a bent branch ??

15. Flowering Day #3, they're growing up so quickly.

Attached Files:

16. They are taking off now, watching this process for the first time is crazy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

17. I'm nearing the end of the second week of flowering, so I decided to give them a little room to breath and keep humidity levels down.

Attached Files:

18. Lookin' good

19. What's up with the purple-ish discoloration in the shorter plant at bottom right of your photo?