First grow, RDWC hydroponic purple erkle. LED

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by phukyoo, Mar 26, 2014.

1. #41 phukyoo, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2014
    Ya this is just my first run but my next run i'm going to try to run 5 plants. The 2 in this set up and 3 of them in a 3'x9'. My medical card only allows me to grow 6, so I'm gonna just grow bigger plants rather than more plants. I figure on this grow i'm going to rush the veg and try to get them in flower in another 3-4 weeks because I'm going to move and I don't want to try and move full grown plants.

2. Day 29 of 12/12 and the ladies are plumping up and putting on some weight! I lowered the trellis to at the main portion of tops, hoping the ladies get top heavy enough to need it. Got a pic of right before lights came on and a few after.

Attached Files:

3. Damn that's a decent size room man. What state are you in that only allows 6? A 4 week veg should get you some decent sized plants, or atleast wide with the urkles. Couch lock type of bud lol

4. Im in California i can have I think 12 vegging but maximum flower is 6, for my card at least. Ya I really like Urkle for one of my strong Indicas but I would of just as soon got Grape Ape or God's Gift if they had it. God's Gift was actually one of my favorites when i was growing up but I'm having a hard time finding it, clones or bud.

5. Oh that's not too bad but kinda low for California. I can have 30 I believe. I haven't tried gods gift, is it an indica? If I see it next time I'm at the club I'll have to give it a try

6. Damn 30 plants! I wish I could have that many, probably need like 2 houses to fit em all.

7. Lol, I had 16 in my 4x4 but the front row wasn't getting enough light so 4 are just about gone but I still have 12 that are packing on the weight so for next run a bigger hood is deff a must! And I think I'm gonna do 9 per tray with a 6 week veg and get em nice and big.
    Here's pics from tonight day 30 of 12/12.

Attached Files:

8. nice looking frosty. On my official set up I'm going to have each plant on its own 3x3 scrog and try the sea of green method

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. My last grow wasn't anywhere near this frosty at day 30 so I'm ready for the next 4 weeks of growth! Damn each one will have their own 3x3? You should get like 8 zips per plant atleast! That'll be nice. What strain you thinking of going with? This purple diesel seems like it'll be a heavy yielder but we'll find out in a couple weeks.

10. I'll probably be running 4 strains at a times. 3 different ones in the same room on the 3x3 and 2 of the same ones in this set up. I won't mix sativa/indica in the same room. That's why I am kinda upset at only vegging for 5 weeks because getting the plants to the size I want is going to take a 7-9 week veg at least, so this grow will be less than I wanted. I'm shooting for a lb/plant on my full size grow. I'm expecting an average of 200 grams per plant but hopefully i'll have a few strains make it into that lb. club. On this grow I'm hoping for 100 grams/plant.

11. #51 phukyoo, Apr 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2014
    Feeding day for the plants today. I topped off the reservoir, it took up 5 whole gallons to bring it back where it needs to be. Here's what I gave them;

5 gallons RO water
    200ml floragro
    100ml floramicro
    100ml florabloom
    150ml cal/mag
    150ml silica blast

PH:5.8
    PPM: 900 (higher than what I want, but didn't want to drain the system.)

Overall the plants are looking great! After topping and the light LST, I've notice a lot more horizontal growth and new nodes developing. I'm going to give the plants another 2 weeks till there next feeding. By then I should be getting them ready for transition and drain the system.

350.jpg
    355.jpg

These are of the plant on the right
    351.jpg
    353.jpg

These are of the plant on the left
    352.jpg
    354.jpg

They are 24 days into veg since I picked them up, but I subtract 7 days because I know they didn't have the right conditions to grow at all. So I count it as 17 days of veg.

12. That'll be a nice and long veg and should get you some mighty big ladies. With that long of a veg and a 3x3 screen you should deff come close to that pound per plant mark or hit it.
    What did you mean by you'll feed them again in 2 weeks? Like change the res water or feed them? They're coming along nice, between the lst and topping they should be some nice producing plants.

13. ya they're in dwc so they always get fed, I ment 2 weeks till I change out their water and give them new nutrients.

14. I hit the plants with a little more LST today. Just taped down the leaves strategically, at the nodes I want to expose and cut a few leaves in the middle that weren't getting enough light. I figure if the light isn't hitting the leaf, than there is no reason to have that leaf, it's just gonna take up the plants energy. Any way you can see where I taped off the couple leaves, allowing more light to hit the nodes.

Attached Files:

• 102.jpg
      102.jpg
      File size:
      666.3 KB
      Views:
    • 103.jpg
      103.jpg
      File size:
      401.5 KB
      Views:
    • 104.jpg
      104.jpg
      File size:
      503.1 KB
      Views:
  15. Oh ok, I was a little confused when I first read it lol but than again I'm usually fried when I go on here in the evenings.
    Nice man those plants are looking great. When you put the tape on just make sure it's covering as little leaf as possible though, I've heard the glue isn't the best for the leaves but I've done it and still got monsters lol. When are you gonna flip to 12/12? My plants are filling out and they seem like they still have quite a ways to go so I'm hoping for some donkey dicks at the tops. I'll get some pics up tomorrow or the next day, I just got a new job so I'm working 10 hour days and I'll go in and look at my plants but not in the mood for pictures lol.

16. #56 phukyoo, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2014
    I want to switch them over in about 3 weeks but well see where they're at. Once the plants are just above the height I want to set the scrog, ill scrog them all and start flowering. I'm done taping them now just wanted to give it a few memory spots.

17. Oh ok, are you going to weave the plants thru or just let them go up and grow how they do? Ah gotcha. They're gonna be monsters before you know it!

18. I'm doing the canopy method and weaving the branches through the scrog to increase surface area for the plants. The other method I wouldn't really consider a "scrog", it's more just using the trellis to support the colas. Either way you still get some prime medicine if it comes out right.

19. #60 phukyoo, Apr 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2014
    SPECIAL 420 UPDATE!!!!!!!

Gave the plants a little more TLC today. Had to top off the reservoir, the plants are taking up 2.5 gallons/week right now. I figure I might as well give them another topping while I'm at it. I topped each plant another 3 times. I've been misting the plants every 3-4 days with a little cal/mag foliage spray. So far so good

Attached Files:

• 462.jpg
      462.jpg
      File size:
      508.1 KB
      Views: