Chris Weidman Out For UFC 173

Discussion in 'All Sports' started by dr024, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Chris Weidman was suppose to defend his belt against Lyoto Machida at UFC 173 in May. He is having minor surgery on his knee so it is rescheduled for UFC 175.
    Weidman will be able to keep the belt for a couple months longer now until Machida beats him and takes it. I was disappointed when I saw this. I been waiting for this fight and now its prolonged.
    What do you guys think about this?

2. its moved back a couple weeks idk what the big deal is. And i dont think Machida can beat Weidman unless he runs the whole fight and wins a decision (doubtful) 

3. So you're one of the MMA noobs that think Machida "runs". And why does it have to be a decision? You are aware that Machida finishes a great percentage of his fights right? Are you aware that Weidman is a very slow MW? If Machida stopped all but a couple of Phil Davis's takedowns then he definitely should be able to stop Weidmans

Only casual fans say some dumb shit like that, they love Machida when he gets the KO and then hate on him when he gets a decision. Lol straight clowns  :laughing:

5. Machida has been one of my favorite fighters to watch since I first saw him fight. I never really understood people that say he is a boring fighter. I have never saw a boring Machida fight. I find his style exciting.

6. I hope they scrap the whole card. The main event was the only reason to buy in my opinion.

7. it seems like the quality of fights gets worse and worse with every event. i'm almost to the point i'm going to stop watch UFC unless a fighter I really like is fighting. even then ill probably watch it the next day and skip all the other fights.

8. Dillashaw and Dos Santos are fighting on that card too. Both of their fights should be good.

9. This has been a tough year for the ufc. All of their top fighters/ppv draws are hurt or quit fighting...GSP, Anderson Silva, Cain Velasquez, and Anthony Pettis are out.

10. I love the sport so I'll watch anyone, but sometimes the cards are a bit weak. The terrible reffing/judging factor also weighs on me...and fighters who just lay on you and do nothing.

11. lol at the people getting pissy at me saying Machida might run, Im not saying he always does this and when i say this im not talking about his last fight, more about his fight with Henderson. backpedaling and not pulling the trigger is running whether your a die hard fan of his or not. Go cry about it.

12. I hate to break it to you but weidman is a better wrestler than davis and go ask silva,munoz, and uriah hall how slow weidman is. Timing>speed everytime. 

13. I think you are also unaware of what "running" means.
    Did you want Machida to stand in front of him and get hit? He has the same style in every fight and its not called running.

14. Uriah Hall and Munoz both suck.
    Phil Davis was easily 220 against a 205 Machida, and he only could take him down a couple times. Phil Davis wresting credentials exceeds those of Chris Weidman. Machida's has one of the best TDD in the sport. I think its going to be very difficult for Weidman to take him down. The only way Weidman will win if he bum rushes him and catches him with hard punch.

15. Weidman beat phil davis in college he also beat ryan bader. Uriah hall while i agree he is not a top fighter and odds are he never will be he is much faster than machida, and it didnt help him one bit. As for munoz hes a top middle weight so saying he sucks is embarrassing. Not to mention Munoz is a national wrestling champ at one of the best wresting colleges in the country and weidman stomped him in the wrestling department. But of course you would not no this since you seem to just spout off BS and think your right.

16. Lol thank god for google huh? I know how about him beating davis is college. Still, like I said, davis wrestling credentials are better. Thats all I was saying, so wheres this bs that I am "spouting" off? And yes, Munoz does suck. He has fought 2 decent people in his career and got KOd by them both. Plz tell me who he has beat. And comparing hall to machida is silly. Hall might be a faster puncher but machida elusiveness isminsane which keep him from getting hit

17. ?

18. What happened? You criticize everyone for putting out legitimate reasons why Weidman is a great matchup and now that Weidman stomped Machida out your nowhere to be seen lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum