Help me design my grow room please

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by rastallama, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Two items there simply is never enough of

2. Just a thought,....you should paint the concrete wall white,.its the last place you want insulated....build a wall there and your room will run at least 10 degrees warmer.

ground temp just beyond that wall is about 56 degrees...touch it, feel the coolness. if you insulate this you will have heat issues that will run fans and A/C more often but if ya paint it the coolness will radiate through and help condition the room. 

3. #43 rastallama, Apr 5, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 5, 2014
    @[member="guerilla45"]
    Thanks bud, I wasn't planning on insulation there, are you thinking the 2x3 frame and plywood walls acting as too much "insulation"? Your right on with the cement temps... Natural cooling would be nice...

I was thinking to seal it up tight and scrub the exhaust air for the sake of the others in the house (wife and lil buddy).

Whatcha think about passive air inlets against the walls and floor? Is that a good way to use that cool cement wall air?

4. Passive air intake is gonna be a must, but I would leave that wall unframed/insulated  and just pain it white. then it will clean easy.
    passive air should come from a low point near the clean floor outside the room and enter at a high point inside the room far away from the scrubber or outgoing air as possible.

the air should remove from the room like this:  Scrubber-light1-light2-inline fan- tee-outdoors or indoors for heating....

the "Tee" should have a "damper" in it allowing you to direct the exhaust air either oudoor through a window vent or something or flip the Damper and use this heat in the home during winter months or even a little of each...

locate the fan close to the Tee so that it sucks more air than it pushes, use a thermo switch to turn it on at like 78degreess or what ever you like,....use a big ass fan! you can always put a fan speed controller on it to controll the speed but shoot for more than ya need or you'll just be maxin out your fans at all times and have less controll over the environment.

if you do this then your A/C will work far better and the room cost far less to run. the A/c needs to be vented too DONT combine this venting with the other vents or it'll mess up your A/C unit. 

nothing is more important than ambient air circulation when it comes to health and yields

5. @[member="guerilla45"] awesome, thank you...
    Can I/should I vent the flower room to my veg room? I love the idea of a T with a damper, but it'd be manual to switch it from exhaust to outside or exhaust to veg room...

The veg room will be fluorescents only, so the heat from the flower room might be good in the veg room?

I could put a temp control exhaust in the veg room too in case it gets too hot from the flower room venting in there?

Or is it better to have 2 independent rooms, independent environments?

6. Independent all the way, otherwise they share the same issues ie: mold,..mite....
    but the veg is the same thing but not as strong.....

7. @[member="guerilla45"] thanks big time!

8. nice man love looking through your journal, i cant wait to say you playing with your plants=]

9. I defiantly think each of your rooms should be independent ventilation wise, and as far as fans go, it seems that with my two NON air cooled 1000 watters with my 8"  exhaust, my fan is very close to be maxed out, it works very well, im just saying i have to run it at full speed so its maxed out js

10. Got some time to do some work on this beautiful day, had a buddy swing by and made it go a lot faster!

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397353962.049610.jpg

Also had the electrical ninja come by and wire the whole place up... Dedicated 100 amps for the grow to grow!

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397354349.683040.jpg

Almost there...

Here's looking at the flower area... Gonna be 9'x8' with 7' tall ceiling.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397354831.827265.jpg

And here is the veg area, same size...

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397355188.525844.jpg

Planning on building one more wall down the middle to separate the rooms... Getting there! Can't wait to grow!!!

11. Ive got 100 amps too! its great to have all that power=]

12. comin along nice!!!

13. Daaaaamn man. Looking really good!

Sent from Mobile

14. #54 Magic M, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2014
    thats lookin good Rasta! just a little food for thought.... i have 2 flower rooms that are 10'x10', each room is lit by 4x 1000w hps & 1 veg room 10'x10' lit by 2x1000w halide . personally i would give yourself twice as much room to flower than what you have for veg. perhaps something like 10x9 flower - 6x9 veg. just a suggestion. however you would need more lights in flower. anyways im subbed Good luck & good growing

15. @[member="Magic M"] I hope you get your pics sorted out, cause id love to see your set up... Thanks for that, good advice... I wired the flower side with 4x 1000w in mind, ya know, just in case! I still have to put that center wall up, so I can def adjust... It's nice to sit down there right now and just picture how it will look... Man I can't wait to get it growing!

16. ya the whole pic thing has been a real pain in my ass!!!! lol i finally got SOME of my pics onto photobucket but im still havin a problem getting them over here! 

17. Hey Rasta , I finally got the pic thing figured out! there's a link in my sig. Come on over & check what I've got goin! and if there's anything I can help you with ,let me know

18. #58 rastallama, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
    @[member="Magic M"] Nice! I'm heading over and subbing up! I'm so bummed I haven't had time to work on the room lately... So I'll be down to check yours out in the mean time!

19. Holy smokes I got some time to get some soil mixed up to get my ass in gear before the outdoor season passes me by... Some ProMix hp and EWC for germing seeds...
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398374268.209280.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398374408.559388.jpg

and same mix but with Epsoma Tomato Tone added for veg...

I'll add Mass Whole Super soil for flowering... A work in progress...

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398374498.341975.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398374509.659080.jpg

My first run at more or less organic...

20. that masswhole is great stuff