Help me design my grow room please

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by rastallama, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Sorry bout that man, no fun... I'll at least send some posi vibes your way till we can burn one down someday.

2. No worries, I'm with a great woman who knows I'm only happy when I'm growing so she encourages it. I'm just waiting for my chance to up my game! I'm still learning though, I'll get better. I've only been growing for two years now...

3. Yee Haw... finally got a little time after work to get some work on the room... i wish i had more experience in general building as it would be done by now... but lots of help from GC and its moving along nicely... 
    Build.jpg

getting the first wall framed on the ground...
    1st Wall Frame.jpg

Finished the first 8' section...
    First Wall.jpg

First batch of beans arrived today!  707 Headband from BC
    707 Headband from BC Bud Depot.jpg

Still need some time to decarb this pillow of clippings and small buds for some coconut oil... anyone got good ideas?  Ive read a bunch and tried some different methods... so far nothing amazing, but my last batch of decarbed trim went in to oil for brownies and they seemed to hit in about 30 minutes which was worth the effort!  i decarbed at (i think) for 30 minutes at 180*F or so... gonna try a different way this time...
    Pillow.jpg

Not sure why the pics wont rotate proper... sorry...

4. I hope you keep us posted on the daily progress. You are getting it on in style, just like I do.

5. Don't get rushed cuz you got seeds! Take your time and do it right, I kinda half-assed mine, and I wished I could have done it differently. I'll make up for those mistakes this next time.
    Great progress! You don't have any "assistance"?

6. No assistance... I could get a few different buddies over here but I am enjoying the solo trip... My electrician buddy will be over tue to help me wire it up... Many thanks to @[member="snoopdog6502"] for getting me straight on the subpanel... Made life a lot easier.

7. There's not a thing wrong with starting seeds under 4 foot shop lights in solo cups right now. then you will be committed to get one of the rooms usable.

8. Right on... I've got some reasonable bag seed... I think I'll give em a shot under my shop lights just to make sure I have a good germ process, and to practice LST and cloning.
    While Ive got ya, what's your fav germ technique? I plan on growing organic soil... So germ with solo cups in plain soil? Soak em first in distilled water? Paper towel technique?

9. I use the paper towel method and leave it ontop of my boiler, works every time!

I soak the seed in pill bottles 24 hours in warm water. I put the bottle on the cable/dvr box in my entertainment center because it warm constantly.

Then I put the strait to soil in a solo cup with a sandwich bag over the cup and put in a warm place. the minute I see a sprout the baggie come off and stays off and it goes under the light 24/7.
    Here is some when I was out of room. LOL cups on top of the floros to stay warm.

View attachment 1339704

Then there are times you go crazy and just keep planting...:D
    View attachment 1337315
    I will run floros 24/7 but my 1,000w I run the 18 hours max, save on the power bill.

11. Thanks Kush, surprise surprise I'm prob gonna try em all! I have enough bag seed to try a few styles...
    Snoop, you have some great pics of making things work with what ya got... I love it!

12. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1396236920.291516.jpg

Really happy today... Got the walls framed and I figured out what I'll need for the last trip to the lumber yard!

Had a buddy pop in with some Girl Scout Cookies... The nice kind!

Found I had more room than I thought and I felt like I was building an ARK... So happy! I hope everyone out there on GC has a good night!

13. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1396268234.172531.jpg
    Man that's too funny... That MBTA bus must be loaded with clones! Even more funny cause last night was the first time I came across that bud... Thanks Cali growers for spreading the love!

14. Im up in here if ya dont mind!

15. Heck yeah! And feel free to educate! Hopefully getting the floor and walls up this week... Elec done by next Saturday... I'm planning on starting the indoor grow by the end of April... And get some outdoor stuff in the ground soon after that!

16. "go home coconut, your high..."

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1396653505.007715.jpg

17. Looking good man!

Lots of awesome advice in here for you and Im green with envy over you getting to start with such a clean plate in that basement. Youre well on the way to success.

Northeast.... new med state... we may not be too far apart. let me know if/when you want to burn one down :cool:

18. @[member="cdphalanx"] yezzzzir! Sounds good... Maybe we can catch a Rangers v Bruins game too!

19. Looking forward to getting this build back on track... Wanna put down the subfloor and ceiling before next Saturday... Then the electric on Saturday... Prob get the walls closed in the following week... time and money...