Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Best Vaporizers for New User

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Mutatis, Mar 25, 2014.

1. #1 Mutatis, Mar 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2014
    I'm sure this topic has been discussed before, so I'm sorry if I'm repeating what's been brought up, but I did search the forums and didn't find what I'm looking for specifically.

I've never used marijuana before, and I want to use it mainly for medical reasons (pain relief). I tried some pot brownies and they just didn't have that much of an effect. I don't want to smoke it, as I worry about the irritation it would cause. So, I'd like to try a vaporizer, but even after looking up some buyer's guides, I'm a bit lost as they're all written for seasoned smokers.

So, what do you suggest? I am concerned with effectiveness and ease of use. A lot of the guides talk about taste and sitarist to smoking, which I don't care about at all. I guess I'd prefer getting a vaporizer pen for its possible portability, but if they're more complicated or significantly more expensive, I'll go another route. Or, if for some reason they don't work as good.

Thanks for your help.

2. Pax is super super easy to use and noob friendly. It's portable and has a low med and high temp settings. Not the best taste after first few hits, can smell a lot, and needs to be cleaned somewhat frequently. Uses more weed than some other vapes but it's def a good first vape. Is overpriced though. And non portables are probably better in the grand scheme of things

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to GC,

Keep in mind, with any vaporizer there will most likely be some irritation in your throat do to the hot dry vapor, but not nearly as much as smoking would.

Unless you have access to concentrates which I wouldn't recommend to someone new to the herb, I would steer clear of vape pens as these are mostly for hash oil/wax and not actual flowers (buds)

If you want a very straight forward easy to use vape that is portable, I would look into the Pax as it has one click operation that could be good for you, although it requires maintenance and you will need to clean it every week or two to keep it operating smoothly. Costs $250

If you don't need portability and want a desk vape, I would look into Arizer Extreme Q, Silver Surfer, or Da Buddha...The Q gives you the option for bags and a whip while the other two are strictly whip vapes. Cost is $180-$280

4. I would recommend the Arizer Solo. Has 7 different temperature settings, glass stem for a great taste, and you uae 0.2g or less in a bowl. The solo has an auto shut off after 12 minutes but depending on your starting temp. you will be able to use the same bowl twice.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I have the pax and its pretty cool. Real easy to use and take places. It does need regular cleaning though, but it only takes a couple minutes. You do have to load a good amount for it to be the most efficient. If you want a pen-style vape, make sure to research it because most of the pen vapes combust the weed instead of vaporizing it.

6. #6 CrispyBacon, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2014
    You guys are recommending brands that are too pricey and high end for a person that has never used a vape before.

I'd go with a cheap small one to get an idea of how to handle the heat and what setting most fits you. Then when you get used to it, you should move on to the nice ones like the people above are talking about; pax, flight box, etc.

[​IMG]

you should get one of these. they cost like $40. beginner friendly and easy to use.

7. DO NOT buy one of these!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These really cheap box vapes, modeled after the VaporBrothers (which is actually a decent whip vape), these cheap knockoffs are made in China with materials they may not be safe to inhale. You want to make sure for a glass or ceramic heating element so you know you aren't inhaling any harmful fumes.

8. wow, didn't know they were that bad. i guess it's safer to go with the vaporbrothers ones then.

9. #9 Mutatis, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2014
    Thanks for all the recommendations. I'm starting to lean more toward a desk cape rather than a pen, since portability really isn't much of a concern at the moment.

Right now I'm leaning towards the Magic Flight Launch Box.

10. So, after watching some video reviews, I have decided to order the Magic Flight Launch Box. Looks really simple, and it seems like a neat company, too. I'll let you all know how it works out when I get it.

11. Its good, I love mine. And it will be good for you with only taking a couple hits and storing the rest for later. Just make sure you let it warm for 5 seconds, take a VERY slow 10-15second sip, release battery and keep sipping for a few seconds, inhale (hold for as long as comfortable since its vapor) and exhale. Youll be good. I honestly bet a single trench (~.1g) will last you all day for a while.

12. Should do well as your first vape, but keep in mind it is a portable, not a desk vape like you said you were looking for.

13. I'm also considering a MFLB. I've found them new on Ebay for $70 so I'm really torn. :) I might just go ahead and pull the trigger and try it out.