Tennessee Medical MJ Bill FAILED

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Glowing_Hedgehog, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Honestly no one in Tennessee wants legal weed because everyone that matters grows and sells it. It would take away from there profit. Smokers usually don't outweigh growers (in political issues) in Tennessee.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Fucking horse shit.

Hemp passed didn't it? And I think there's a oil bill too

3. Good, the bill was fucking horrible anyway.

4. I believe hemp did pass. The only thing I have seen about oil was an ammendment to the mmj bill. Really, you guys arent going to see medical marijuana until everyone else has it. Tennessee is hardly a front runner in any kind of forward thinking.

5. The Georgia (and I think Alabama) bill passing gave alot of us hope. I think it'll be federally legal before TN makes it legal.

6. #7 Doc-J, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    It will definetly have to be federally legal, but also more Southern states will have to pass mmj first regardless. Even then they will try to shove another butchered bill through. It will be like some states where there is either no place to buy it or you can only get it for certain fatal conditions.

If you actually read the mmj bill that just failed, dispensaries would have been state run and it offered no provisions for caregivers or even individuals to grow at home. What that would have meant is the government and their buddies cornering the marijuana market and setting whatever prices they want. One of the democratic senators had already attempted to ammend to remove any smokable product from the bill as well. Im all for mmj, but taking any crap they shove at the public just to passify people isnt good for the long run.

What REALLY, REALLY erks me is that 99% of the rednecks there are die hard anti goverment until it comes to something like mmj or gay marriage, then they dont even want the public to have the option to vote for themselves. Fucking hypocrits, every damn one of them. Im not saying everyone as bad but as a whole I've never seen a more ignorant population than east tn. Even Alabama and Mississippi are more progressive. I still have property there, but I dont think even mmj would make it worth moving back.

The government isnt going to change hands soon either. Haslem has enough money to stay in office until he dies if he chooses to do so.

7. Yeah lol everyone here is all you wont take our guns motherfuckers!!!1!1 but a little weed is too much to ask for. And yes the bill was horrible. I think Georgia has something similar. Don't think flowers are allowed.

8. Yep, beautiful place and all but thing just arent right. Salaries and job opportunities are horrible. They demonize cannabis but opening new moonshine distilleries is the newest rage. They look at someone with a joint as a looser yet Popcorn Sutton is a legend. Wonder how many families and lives he helped destroy over the years. Oh well what ya gonna do.