What is the best book series youve read?

Discussion in 'The Bookshelf' started by gasoline.kitty, Mar 25, 2014.

1. "Horseclans" by Robert Adams.

2. Harry Potter :D

3. Dune. The whole series is pretty kickass. Took me a bit to get into it but, once I did, I couldn't stop. Been a while since I've read them, so I may need to pick em up again. The Dark Tower series is pretty good, haven't finished them all though. It paints a pretty epic picture in your head. Ohh and the Myst books are good as well. I recently bought the leatherback edition of the original Star Wars trilogy from B&N, the books are soooo much better than the movies. Everything explained in graphic detail.

4. Encyclopedia britannica

5. Where's Wally?

6. 1 very wise author with work that I follow, would be Don Miguel Ruiz. Really made an impact on my life. I gained a bunch from him..   They are spiritual writings. Dealing with Inner-Peace, Personal-Freedom, all of that good stuff.. Check him out guys     :smoke:

• Like Like x 1
  7. #47 Devils12, Dec 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2014
    The Hunger Games
    Ender Quartet

I loved that series to death when I was a kid, but I only enjoyed Redwall, Mattimeo, and Martin the Warrior. I know he's got like 20 more books all in the same setting, but I could never get into any of the others.

9. #49 IDTENT, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2014
    The His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman was a really entertaining series. It's a neat mix of adventure and fantasy. They based the film Golden Compass off this series, which in my opinion is a terrible film that really doesn't do the series justice (and I suspect Pullman wouldn't like the film either).

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18116.His_Dark_Materials 

I also just came across a list of the highest voted fantasy series on GoodReads which I thought some of you might like.

http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/319.Best_Fantasy_Series_Trilogies_and_Duologies#34497

10. #50 Carne Seca, Dec 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2014
    Anything by David Eddings.  That man can could entertain.  Forgot he died.  

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. LOTR, obviously. I'm gonna avoid reading ASOIAF until GOT stops running on tv. 
    Not a book series but try reading Mr Nice by Howard Marks. It's a brilliant autobiography by a former global hash smuggler turned cannabis campaigner.

12. damn carne seca took mine... bellgariad(sp) was my favorite

sword of shannara by terry brooks
    Redwall by Brian Jacques-- enjoyed this when i was younger

13. Thank you for mentioning this ! 
    I can't believe I got to the second page before the Forgotten Realms was said.
    Let the Legend of Drizzt live in your mind! 
    So many books in this series to feed your inevitable addiction, I've read through a few times , and would almost suggest starting at the 4th book and then eventually going back to 1,2,&3  

14. The Kingkiller Chronicles are really well written so far and are my favourite. Patrick Rothfuss is a great story-teller. 

15. Goosbumps dawg lol

I prolly need to read some more books tho

• Like Like x 1
    When I was a little kid (like 6 -7 years old) I was obsessed with those Goosebump books. I read, and finished, one of those books each day, and I got to the point where I had read all of the ones that had been written at the time :p.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yeah those were the days forsure lol...Gotta step my game up now...tryin to start reading again...

Jus gotta force myself to the library n see what else is out there...

• Like Like x 1
  18. I couldn't name just one.

The First Law by Joe Abercrombie. Actually anything by Joe Abercrombie is amazing.

Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson

The Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson although it's only on book 2 of 10.

Robin Hobb has some good series. I prefer The Tawny Man and Farseer trilogy.

The Kingkiller Chronicles by Patrick Rothfus

19. The Hunger Games

• Like Like x 1