4 WEEKS IN: Pinpoint Rust spots on leaves...2-3 stems turning purple

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mamane, Mar 25, 2014.

1. #1 mamane, Mar 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2014
    First post here yaaaa.  I've been noticing small rust colord spots on some new and old growth and most new leave growth around my bud sites are droopy.

Here are some of my grow specs.

Currently 2 Autoflower white widows, day 40
    3x 40W 2700K CFLS
    3x 23W 2700K CFLS
    3x 23W 6500K CFLS
    Light schedule: 24/0

Medium: Roots Organic 8gal pot and 6gal pot
    Veg Nute: Maxigrow
    Flower Nute: FF Tiger Bloom
    Watering q3 days, nutes q6 days

Big mistake on my part was neglecting ph and feeding too much too early.  I starting seeing the rust spots yesterday morning and checked the runoff; I was hovering around a ph of 5-5.5.  I'll attach some pics when I can, but my autos are HUGE.  I suspected a Calcium deficiency, due to lockout so I flushed with half tap water and half R/O.  My last 2gal flush, i mixed in a 1/4 strength dose of tiger bloom and a 1/4 dose of Cal Mag.  Any other suggestions on how to attack this...

Attached Files:

2. I can't see a problem from the picture you posted and "spots" could be anything from a deficiency to fungus to light burn.

Appreciate the reply.  Just uploaded a series of new pics...let me know what you think.

Also, not all of the fan leaves are that rusted.  Some of the leaves look fine, and aren't having any issues at all.  I'm waiting for my flush to dry out, and I was considering adding an additional 1/2 strength dose of blooms nutes, molasses, and another small dose of cal/mag...

Looks like a bit of nitrogen toxicity from the clawing in the last pic. Possibly heat stress there also, could be close to the light. As far as the spots, here's a place that might help: http://www.growery.org/2991/Diagnosis
    The HPS light on in the pics don't help much figuring out color. Take pics outside of the tent, or with the light off.