Toro vs medicali

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by pdr1030, Mar 25, 2014.

1. its been posted twice in 2 diff sections..haha

2. Doesn't Phelps have a reason to be "full of himself"

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

3. Modesty isn't a bad quality, then again his interest in Mary hurt him enough do gave him some credit as being "cool"

4. Agreed. He never seemed like a bad guy to me, but I'm not one to follow news/pop culture soooo who knows.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

5. It doesn't matter the amount of trees as much as the quality of the perc itself. All of toros pieces have sealed bottom tree percs while medicali has open bottom. This makes for draggy tokes and a chugging effect on the percs

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. I've always wanted a toro they are sick rigs

7. so you believe medicali trees are better than toro trees?
    or am i reading this incorrectly?

8. #28 thetibetinskunk, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
    Ill explain below

9. #29 thetibetinskunk, Apr 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2014
    Medicali trees don't function like toros tree percs because the ends of the rods on the tree percs are not sealed. Its similar to a downstem with a open end with slits, the slits won't fire until you clear the piece. Its the same with cheaper tree percs, the slits rarely fire if the ends are open.

Toro solves this problem by sealing the ends, reducing chug and increasing diffusion

"What comes around is all around"-ricky

10. Well I have a toro tree perc and my medicali is just as functional..just a little more drag

11. I was misreading. Thanks for elaborating.

12. Really? That's interesting. I've never hit toro trees so ill have to take your word for it. Since we are on the topic, who makes your favorite tree perc then?

13. Probably Sovereignty
    Don't get me wrong I love toros but for the money Medicali is pretty awesome

14. What makes sovereignty trees better than the rest in your opinion?

15. I can only speak for the stem 8 having never hit anything else just dry hits
    The difference is noticable
    The Stemline 8 by far is the smoothest hitting tube I've experienced

My Only complaint about the tube tho is the lack of volume

16. Thanks for elaborating.
    Maybe the lack of volume and smoothness are connected? Maybe not. Either way I feel you.
    But is there anything different design wise that the sovereignty trees have that others don't from what you can gather?

17. SG grids their trees

Sent from my MB886 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Is that about it design wise?

19. There might be differences in the tubing thickness and diameter that they use for each arm and the up stem. I honestly don't know for sure, maybe someone else could chime in on that.

Sent from my MB886 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

20. Very plausible. Thanks for your input.