Toro vs medicali

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by pdr1030, Mar 25, 2014.

1. I know toro has a 7/13 tube...would a medicali 12/8 work just the same..ash catcher being 12 tree perc and bong being 8

2. Imo the 7/13 from toro hits smoother than anything else I have hit in that $800 and under range. And I have hit a few different medicali's to say it's not the same

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I know that..im asking if the thought behind the 7/13 of the toro could possibly be the same if by adding the 12 tree per ash catcher to the 8 tree arm per would in sense be the same percolation?

4. In sense sure but it isn't. They are designed differently and that changes everything about the hit and the percolation

5. Would an inline perc be better than adding those extra 12 tree percs?

6. I think one of the biggest difference between those 2 setups is that you have an ashcatcher.  The ashcatcher will have a 18 or 14mm joint and the reduction causes some drag, whereas the toro 7/13 is designed as a double chamber bong.  I think the toro would clear faster and have less drag.

7. I don't mind drag I'm a swimmer...but would a 12 arm perc be better than an inline a/c since it works so well with the toro?

8. I'm on to you Phelps.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Haha na he's a douche

10. Gold medals don't humble a person that's for sure lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. I usually think of people who smoke are pretty chill but na he's completely full of him self..Ryan Lochte is way cooler

12. Putting an ashcatcher on your medicali won't turn it into a toro...

Yeah they're both tree perc, buts that's about it.

Doesn't your medicali tube have a downstem anyways? That would end up being three chambers instead of two

Sent from my MB886 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Well, he didn't just win a gold medal.  I mean, he pretty much is the most decorated Olympian of all time (of course really only swimmers and track stars, maybe gymnasts are in this equation, cause they are in multiple events unlike many other events).  I'm sure if I were him, I'd let that go to my head a little, not a good reason for being doucey but I can kind of understand the ego.  At least he isn't that bitch of a kid in highschool who's parents have a ton of money so he thinks he's the shit, that kid is in every highschool.

For the OP.  If you can get into a shop that carries this stuff, I would recommend water testing the pieces.  I have never liked how ashcatchers felt on my pieces.  But your experience could well be very different.  Or try to find some vids and listen to them bubble, I can usually tell if I'll like how a piece bubbles and chugs just by hearing it.

14. No it wouldn't..It would need the name melted into it to be a toro an that's about it..maybe the percolation would be a little but more draggy but basically the same

15. Plus the fact your medicali is already 2 chambers

Sent from my MB886 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Fine we will tell you what you want to hear. It will hit just like a toro 7/13 way to save half the price. You now own a toro

17. Na there's still a little drag..but thanks for kissing my ass

18. That medacali prob has 2x the amount of drag without the ac. Downstems have a lot of drag and pieces like toro have almost none.

Plus if you want something just as good as a toro and a lot less, look up itza.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. Na I have a toro and they have similar drag..the a/c would add on drag for sure though

20. #20 Spliff Shady, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2014
    Even out of toro pieces the 7/13 is special cuz of the clear.

And I swear I posted on this thread b4 I mighta been high