Doh I think i made a rookie mistake

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Lpfullmetal, Mar 25, 2014.

1. hey everybody,

so i think i might of messed up my plants. About 2 weeks ago i got 10 "Girl Scout Cookies" clones from my local dispensary. I have them in a homemade tent that is 8x8x6. I put them in their own 3 gallon pots with fox farm ocean beauty soil. Im also using a 450 led light which is about 24 inches from the canopy.
    Im also using co2 (between 1200 and 1400ppm) and my temp is around 90deg and humidity between 45-55. Im on a 20/4hr light cycle ( before my mis hap i was on a 24hr cycle). So after i transplanted into the 3 gallon buckets i gave a light watering. Bout 3 days later the soil was dry enough for a heavy watering. Then about 4 days later the soil was dry enough for a heavy watering. This time i added fox far big bloom fert and i used the dosage for heavy feeding (my down fall) and not 5 hours later the leafs on some of the plants started to turn yellow and brown and started rolling up and drying to a crisp. There should be some pics here. So i read a little about how to flush my plants and did so, I used 3 gallons of water per every gallon of soil. and now theyre in recovery mode. I read i should wait a week and then begin to water again. I also read i shouldnt use fert until theyre at least 4 weeks old.

So my questions are
     a, should i had used some flushing agent with my water when i flushed the plants
       1. what will the effects be with just water
     b, the leafs that our damanged, should i leave them be, or trim off the bad parts, or clip the whole leaf.

Thanks  photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG photo 4.JPG photo 5.JPG

2. they got nute burn fox farm is high in nutes already just give them girls some regular water for a few weeks bro

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. i agree with sneak 719 and to answer your other questions =

A = in my opinion it is not necessary to flush with flushing agents!!!!

1 = in my opinion its best to flush with a mild solution of base nutes say 100 to 200 ppm ( TDS ) instead of just plain water fot 2 reasons which are - plain water alone can cause a little stress to the plant going from it having food one minute to it instantly having no food from a water only flush and secondly recent studies have shown that a mild solution of nutes used when flushing helps draw the nutes out from with in the plants opposed to using just plain water alone!!!!

B = if your leaves were nute deficient ( which there not ) i would say leave them on, seeing as its nute burn at the bad level that yours are displaying i would cut the burnt bits off leaving the rest of the healthy leaf in tact!!!!

4. make sure your runoff is 6.5 ph

5. Wow, did not expect anybody to respond as fast as you guys did ! So right now they are only going to be on a water and tlc diet. Mr-bud, when I trim the leafs, should I apply any thing to the open cuts, or just let them be? Sapien, when you talk about runoff, is that the water coming out the bottom of my bucket after I water it.?

6. You said your temp is around 90? You mean your average temperature is 90 F ? That is a little hot..shouldn't get much higher than 80

7. Yes, at the floor it's 88 and at the canopy it's 90-91. The reason it's so high is because I was told that when using co2 my temp should be between 88-91. Am I wrong and should It be lowered? I appreciate all this feedback

8. lower temps. no nutes for a bit.  recover

10. So what do you think I should drop it to?

Basically if it's a comfortable temp for you, it's a comfortable temp for your plants..so 70ish..80-81 being max

12. Hey guys, so 3 days after flushing the girls and trimming a few bad leaves and lowering my temp to 82 deg and going to a 20/4 light cycle, they are looking a lot better in appearance!

So I have another question for anybody who uses or knows someone who uses led for their only source of light. "In your opinion, what is the best distance between the light and the canopy?" I'm using 450w with veg and or bloom settings. And there is literally no heat coming off these diodes. I also want to keep in mind that I'm only working with a 6' cieling ( technically 5' 7" because if the light), so I don't want the plants to stretch that much.

I totally appreciate all your suggestions and advise!