anybody have the same beliefs as me?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by DJSandaS, Mar 25, 2014.

Yes, get some TedTalks people, a mix from their fields for the problem presented, in the same room and see what happens...now THAT would be interesting. Let's get a grant for that! No.

I'm sure you've already let your daughter know you're there if she needs you, but just keep offering every now and then. Just keep letting her know you love her. 

I keep wondering if the train hasn't already left the station however, I wonder if we haven't already run out of time:

​
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=6yiTZm0y1YA​
     ​

I tell my daughter I love her all the time, but no more than in my act of asking questions and challenging those around me to open their eyes to human activity and to the implications of human life.  I tell her I love her in the work I do, by trying to make the world a better place and increasing knowledge about poverty and indifference.  I tell her I love her by praising her intellect, drive, and her interpretation of how she sees the world, I try to validate that whenever I can.  I tell her I love her by asking her to challenge her dad and not to accept my word as gospel but to continue pushing the boundaries of knowledge by asking questions.  I tell her I love her by asking her to have a partner that's supportive and loving, and that will listen as much as he speaks.

What the human race needs is a revolution of necessity, where the things that do not help us are cut away and the things that are of use are embraced and exalted.  The clock is ticking but the truth is it may well be ticking deeper into our extinction....

Your daughter sounds like she's in good hands. I know that's what I'd need if that had happened to me.

About the video-The editor in that video had a job on his hands..hah. That group of people looked like a working group alright-impressive. 

The thing with climate change is that the whole world has to participate. China, with its rush to produce everything known to mankind, has polluted their air so badly that they can't even see where they are walking some days and they told not to go outside sometimes. So America or whatever other country makes all these policies about their 'carbon footprint', and then China/North Korea/wherever goes all bigfoot over the entire scene. Anyway, you know what I mean. That's a problem. I don't think it's a reason not to even try though...what's the alternative? haha. You know, Mother Nature has a way of taking care of itself...when the climate changes so much...we goan' disappear! Earth will repair itself no matter what, I believe.

I think you're giving too much credit to Mother Nature, which sadly takes away the responsibility from where it should be, on human beings.  The fact is sometimes when things are broken they can't be fixed, no matter how sorry we are or what measures we take.  Sometimes too late is too late.  So here humankind stands at the precipice of its own demise but not everyone can see or wishes to see the danger human activity is causing.

You're right, we need buy in from every country and we don't have anywhere near that, so that's the rub.  How do we get that?

I think once we're wiped off, Earth will do just fine. This world has it's own balance...I think it'd be like flushing the toilet...Re-start the clock

About buy-in, yeah that's kind of a joke when we can't even stop trying to kill each other. I don't mean to be a naysayer, but there's too much of that shit and good ole plain capitalism at work. They haven't even stopped using coal in THIS country..Nevermind constant leaking of radiated water from Fukishima..the list goes on. Fucking Frodo.

Well maybe this is so, but I  don't believe it has to be this way.  This world will probably never be the paradise we can imagine it can be, but maybe it can be livable, and not just for us but maybe for a few species that aren't annihilated by our hands.  Perfect is a destination we can never reach, but perhaps the quest for that better world makes the one that we can attain, the possible world?  How many times have when I was a kid I looked at the night sky and dreamed of other worlds and the people that might live on them, well now that I'm a man I still look at the stars and dream.  But instead of other people on other worlds I'm learning to see the ones right here, right now.

Maybe our collective backs have to be put to the wall before act, hopefully it won't be too late, maybe it is but hopefully we have still have a chance.  Because despite all of the harm we've done we're all just infants with insanely curious brains, stumbling around and we've been born into a reality of boundless wonders.  For as much damage as we do we're infinity more beautiful than that, maybe one day we'll see that, even as Rome burns down to the ground.....

7. I believe it to an extent. I'm completely a Christian, and I view science as "the way God does things". I don't believe in evolution as an atheist would (evolving from apes), but people and animals have definitely "evolved", or advanced over time though.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. One thing's for sure...You take hope out of the equation, you got nothing left-eh?

Just a tenacious will to survive and maybe that's enough.....

One thing you can say about the human spirit is certainly that-tenacious ;)