anybody have the same beliefs as me?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by DJSandaS, Mar 25, 2014.

1. i believe in both god and evolution. i believe god created the earth (perhaps he created it through the big bang) and then he just let things chill from there. like he just let everything take it's own course and everything just ended up how it is today. anybody else think the same? anything similar?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Pretty much, well, I think that it was that way but that God itself is the immaterial part of the universe, which has some degree of effect in atoms, molecules, perhaps even bigger systems, the material side of the universe basically - but that this effect it has is not a conscious one, so it could be negligible, or follow no logical pattern we could understand.

3. I think that's called 'intelligent design'-I think its a common belief

4. Intelligent design is just creationism with a "scientific" sounding name attached to it...and the OP doesn't believe in creationism if he believes in evolution because the bible pretty much states people and animals (i know humans are animals) were created as they are now, completed...

5. My god put your god in place to create things solely so your god could claim dominance.

blind watchmaker then

7. I'm muslim but I believe that god started the big bang and, like you said, let everything chill from there. With Him being infalliable and omnipotent as He is, every thing that happened was to be expected and all has taken its due course - the creation of humans & animals, bringing about the worlds religions, end of the world etc

8. Im greek orthodox, same thing as christian but we dont believe in the pope...

9. Saying you believe in God and evolution is akin to saying you believe that Santa Claus and your parents are both putting presents under your Christmas tree.  Anytime I hear or read someone trying to insert God into science it makes me think they're hedging their bets.  I trust the accuracy of science but.....

10. Can you tell me what Deism is and a little about it?

11. #12 idkwatimdoin23, Mar 29, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
    i believe similarly but my difference in belief is that god is omnipotent.  god uses science to explain the universe though.  call me crazy but god has shown his omnipotence to me.  not trying to start an argument with atheists thats just what i believe.

im still a deist though.  with a touch of new age, hippieism and buddhism/taoism.

im pretty much my own religion...aka mental illness. which i am.

12. How ignorant.

13. Well, it's not really a specific dogma or belief system, but it basically is a belief in a god who created the universe, but not believing in a divine revelation which we're supposed to follow. Also, the idea of basically creating the universe with its laws and then just stepping out of the picture, letting things play out on its own through natural law, is often an idea associated with it.

14. #15 AK Infinity, Mar 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2014

In your eyes but that isn't saying anything.  I trust science and facts thanks.....

15. he thinks God created evolution. That comparison makes no sense lol. 

16. i think that nobody knows. Wars and arguments over religion are so fucking stupid.

17. That sounds very interesting, lately I've been studying a range of different philosophies. I've learned alot, to begin with I had a stong disbelief in God. Now, I believe that the Universe is one thing, and the God that many believe in is this one thing. Essentially we are all a piece of the same puzzle, I am you, you are Jesus, we are everyone else.

To be clear, I'm saying you can't have your "God" and evolution too.  There is zero evidence to point to God, but ample evidence to point to evolution, get it?

19. I trust science and facts as much as they should be trusted. I've said something but your own ideas run contrary to my own so you disregard it, which is perfectly okay.