Homeless man shot to death by police while illegally camping in the foothills of New Mexico

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Earth Ling, Mar 25, 2014.

1. Thats passionate and nice but you know yourself in your lifetime you've helped feed someone's drug addiction.

Sent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. That's in the back of my mind, part of me just hopes they use it for things they really need.

3. #43 Cactus Ed, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2014

Bullets, beanbags, and taser, all at the same time.
    What do you mean by "we"?  If you think this could be labeled spam you have a different definition.  Stupid, Pointless, Annoying, and Meaningless.  These type videos are anything but that

4. I think sometimes you can see it on their faces. And im not talking about them being a great actor or actress, the look of having no one on this planet willing to take them into their home

Sent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. #45 Heroic Dose, Mar 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2014
    definitely not spam imo either, at the very least its a different situation posted every time.

i tend to think a lot of these videos get mislabelled as cop killings, but i did see what i thought looked like blood on the rock, and the guy os pretty much unresponsive to dog bites and when they pull his knife fromhos hand.

i think best case they knocked him unconscious and he may or may not have hit his head on a rock.

what genuinely troubles me is that you cant disable or kill them in self defense. i cant say i wouldnt feel threatened for my life if i was surrounded by cops with guns and dogs when i wasnt doing anything serious to begin with. but if you do anything but lay down and let them have their way shit like this can happen. very very troubling that they are above the law.

i think police need to truly become citizen servants. not free from the restrictions of a common man. no special protections.

6. Maybe my tablet sucks but I couldn't see well. Did he have the knife and never drop it? I don't know about anyone else but any time I'm approached by a cop with a weapon in my hand (usually a firearm while at the range) the first thing I do is drop it.

Over reaction to use real rounds and less lethal ones? Indeed unless he did swing it at the dog. Stupid for not disarming himself at the very beginning of the confrontation? You bet. When everyone involved in a situation handles it poorly placing blame gets tough.

7. what if its hells hippie ......

When life gets shitty, wipe your ass

8. They shot him with live rounds, bean bags, and a taser all at the same time.  Evidently they had talked to him for about 3 hours first and made an agreement for him to walk away, then shot him when he turned to leave.  I think he was going to lay down when they opened fire.  It looks like they made a decision to kill him and then did it.  They were 15ft away with rifles so I think they could have aimed at his feet or legs instead at his torso.  But we don't know all the facts.  He could have been assassin-good at throwing knives I guess. 

Ha!  It was just on O'Reilly.  The Police Chief said he thought the shooting was warranted. This means what happened is officially standard police practice. 

9. #49 Heroic Dose, Mar 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2014
    so he was killed then? sad. i dont get why besides all the non lethal weaponry they couldnt just shoot him in the leg or arm either.

10. I wonder if the police chief thought this was warranted?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JRR3Fjbf-Q#t=24

11. Fucking cowards.

It always makes me mad when like five of them show up to take down one person.

They also showed no signs of distress or reverence when the poor bastard was dead. Just another day on the job.

I don't know, I'm just high and this makes me mad.

12. When people don't have an address, shit like this happens to them all the time.  It doesn't matter why you don't have an address, what matters is that people don't want to be reminded about how indifferent they are to human suffering so they call law enforcement to remove the problem.  I worked in downtown emergency services in my city for several years and our guys would come into the shelter in various states of being fucked up by cops.  Hell, the cops would come right into the shelter and drag people out sometimes.  But what's even slightly worse than that is dealing with police officers that are suffering the effects of secondary trauma because of the nature of the work they do.

The world is a cold and callous motherfucking place.  Most times people that walked by the shelter tried to act like their fellow citizens weren't in need or didn't exist.  I think it's easier for people to demonize a problem then show the slightest bit of empathy.  Sad.....

13. That man didnt need any hand-outs.  the poor fucker just wanted to live alone amongst nature...

I can identify with that.

14. #54 Americandutchyz, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2014
    APD seems to get their rocks off on this kind of shit.

Looks like Baltimore PD has some competition, at least they just run cocaine distribution rings out of Uganda and beat the shit out of college kids, among other things.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. #55 SiriusWolff, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2014
    Why the fuck didn't they bean bag him in the first place instead of spraying him with .223 shells?

On top of that people asking why he had a knife in the wild or outdoors you always have a knife especially if you're staying out more than a day trip. It's a necessity for survival.

What bothers me is what cops do goes against every survival instinct a human has and then the suspects are killed for doing exactly what they are programmed to do. If you had 4 cops with rifles and an angry k-9 ready to come at you how long would you hesitate before doing something? Would you be able to stop yourself from trying to fight off the dog?

In other cases i see them man handling people and the people are just keeping their limbs straight or trying not to be beaten or slammed and they get beat even worse for following natural human instinct. If you were down on the ground getting your arms twisted and your leg broken with a baton would you just stop moving or follow your brain and body and try and curl up or cover up your vital areas? I've been in that situation and everything in you screams defend yourself or you could die. It takes alot to have the presence of mind in a split second to do the opposite of what you're meant to do. The worst part for me was thinking "aren't they here to help people? why are they beating me for me trying to not take damage? Why isn't anyone stopping this?". I bet the same thing goes through mosts mind before they are murdered or injured by police.

:Note: this is not referring to all officers just alot of examples i have seen and been a part of.

16. #56 greenops, Mar 30, 2014
    Is your daddy a cop? Show me a good cop, ill show u 99 pigs.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

17. #57 jas43, Mar 30, 2014
    These corny cops think they're all badass commandos.
    You aren't in the military.
    You aren't tough.

Go fight an actual threat rather than murdering US civilians.

18. #58 jas43, Mar 30, 2014
    Nobody is trained to shoot for the legs or arms.
    If you're actually in a situation that necessitates lethal force (these guys weren't) then most are trained to aim center of mass, the biggest easiest target.
    Unless youre some spooky tier 1 operator that has made a career of perfecting headshots.
    All day.

Close range rifle wounds are horrendous.

But these guys went way overboard.

Even with less than lethal weaponry, which they obviously had a shit ton of, they failed.

What a clusterfuck

19. #59 Dr. Sheldon Cooper, Mar 30, 2014
    :rolleyes:

20. Maybe he shouldn't have been homeless and got on the ground.