Homeless man shot to death by police while illegally camping in the foothills of New Mexico

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Earth Ling, Mar 25, 2014.

1. #1 Earth Ling, Mar 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2014
    Homeless man shot to death by police while "illegally camping" in the foothills of New Mexico

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nl9TEOPY8k

ALBUQUERQUE, NM -- Outrage has ignited over a helmet-cam video of officers fatally confronting a homeless man at his primitive campsite in the foothills. Video shows the man standing by his meager possessions, surrounded by rifle-toting officers who were citing him for illegally camping without government permission. Officers ultimately tossed a concussion grenade in his face, sicced an attack dog on him, and shot him to death with a flurry of gunfire. James M. Boyd, 38, was killed on scene.

Guy got blasted for having a puny knife .  Cops were afraid of his ninja skills

2. Oh look, there's the police again.  More media of them killing people.

If enough people see these happenings, would it be that much easier to incite a street revolt against such forces?  Whatever though, just goes to show you can't even live on the land you were born on anymore.  We're so attached to the society's debt machine that stepping out of it would just send cops on you eventually.  Something.

3. Get him! He's trying to cook that cricket on a stick!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Oh no the baby dick knife is still in his hand lets shoot his some more

fucking shit 

5. killed, shot to death in the back with bean bag guns..just NM police state in action. :mad:

6. #6 BlazedGlory, Mar 25, 2014
    Is there an actual source stating he was killed? Can I get a news article or something?

7. The sad part is, the man is likely in a better place now.

Every time I see a homeless person (not common in my area) ill give my last dollar. Usually give ten bucks and bring dude back a hot meal.
    Poverty and such really makes me sad. All too often we take our warm bed and hot meals for granted.

8. Found an accompanying article. I thought he was shot with beanbags only but apparently it was a combination of live rounds and beanbags.

http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/james-boyd/

This is fucked. That guy wasn't doing anything to warrant him being killed. After they shoot him the one guy unloads more beanbags into his back while he's on the ground, why ffs.

9. #10 URATowel, Mar 25, 2014

video:

http://youtu.be/4SzpZbkgjJ8

10. I saw the beanbag bit and dismissed it as misleading title. But damn... they really killed dude?

i posted the video above

12. #13 Danerrr, Mar 25, 2014
    If you watch him as he gets shot it looks like he was fixing to lay down. Stupid scumbag motherfuckers.

They're afraid of a homeless dudes knife that's probably more dull than their dicks. They have fuckin riot gear on like a butter knife will do shit. He was saying the whole time he wasn't a murderer.

I bet if they would have given him 5 seconds longer before shooting him in the back (wtf?) he would still be alive.

Fuck these faggot ass law enforcers. Get someone to work that actually gives a damn instead of these trigger happy COD playing shit stains. Maybe then there will be enough common sense to be like "huh maybe if I use my brain to assess the situation a little bit maybe I can spare another human beings life."

If I were a cop, I'd be the best damn cop there is. And I'd try to teach the pigs how to do their jobs like its meant to be done rather than killing innocent people and trying to dwindle down the population 1 by 1 because their "protocol" says to do so.

I wish I could just go up to one of those guys and spit in their face. These cops are worth less to society than that homeless dude was. Fucking losers. I wish there was something we could do. But A) people are too scared B ) they'd probably just call it a "civil war" and open fire on everyone that didn't mindlessly agree with them.

13. Theyll shoot you for a knife over a gun.

Always remember that, said my mama.

And i always did.

14. I watched it. Didn't realize live rounds were fired.

15. I remember a case where the cops had their tazer on a guy and when the guy pulled a knife(allegedly) they decided to put up their tazers and pull out their guns and then they said they had to shoot him. The cops were there to take the guys son away because one smelled marijuana in his house. No marijuana was found.

16. I posted this video earlier in the "cops shoot 70 year old man reaching for his cane" thread. Definitely an eye opener...or it should be.

17. I feel so much safer knowing that homeless people arent able to go live by themselves off in the desert. Much safer than a gang of men with guns roaming around killing people. cause their government didnt give the homeless man "permission" to camp there. :rolleyes:

18. At any point a cop even discharge his/hers weapons for valid/invalid reasons at citizens officers should be brought down, finger printed, photos, and be booked in central booking. I keep saying this and won't stop if I was to discharge a weapon at someone I would be in jail awaiting trial. I think every cop should have to go to trial and have to justify to the court that his/hers actions were valid and not excessive. I would even advocate having the sentencing harsher for the officer, if found guilty, becuase he/she was left with the task of enforcing the law.

19. What's with all these police brutality threads? All cops aren't bad. But bad cops need to quit, get fired, go to jail. But all cops aren't bad!