1st time gRoW

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by jackofall, Mar 24, 2014.

1. I have a BlueCheese and a Lemon Haze that are both 2feet....and my Northern Lights is 3feet....

TODAY IS THE DAY....
    1st Day of Flower!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

and

I revampt my Veg/CLone tent....I am all dialed in...seems my clones havent been growing this last week because of my neglect....i should have fed them nutes...when I did not...live and learn right!?!? lol....
    will post pics tomorrow....yahoo!  only 8 or 10 weeks of Flowering! JoY

2. Where are the pics bro. Sounds great

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

3. Everythings going awesome!  My Ladies now sleep during the day....the clones are all doing awesome too!  Now its just a waiting game...lol

I've got alotta little growth at the bottoms of all 3 Im quite sure are just "seat fillers" and not really going to develop into anything because theres no light down there!  Im really going to hate to trim them up and discard! Maybe for the next grow I will have additional lighting down below shining up!

4. Sounds great. How much taker you think they will get. I'm doing pretty well too getting some serious growth and starting to get rid of the Root Rot. Water bottles. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1397760783.329541.jpg

6. Yours look great too! 

All 3 Ladies are Indicas, so they will thypically grow 1 1/2x bigger when you switch bulbs!  so my 2' girl will be about 3 1/2 feet! I keep growth charts on the 3 for future references....i record everything! 

Im curious to see what this T5 24w bulbs will do to my clones!  Im wondering if they will get "big" with that bulb or not!  Cause I know wt that 600w bulb does! lol....

7. Mine don't end up getting very tall. I do extensive training to keep height to a minimum. Basically functions like a sea of green, but not a bunch of plants, just well trained, giant bud producers. lol. I'm about 2 weeks from finishing up my Pineapple Express and they're looking delicious. Then 3 more plants dubbed Calibud will be finished in 4-5 weeks, then I'll flower 3 more big Pineapple Express, keeping 1 in veg. I have to keep a mother plant. It's too nice of a plant to let go. I may end up having this one for a long time. Grows so nice, and the bud is fantastic. 

8. Happy 420!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Pics bro

Here's a few. They kinda suck. Camera on phone isn't that good, and it doesn't help that my flowering light is on. I can snap some tonight as well. First pic is the overview. 2 Pineapple Express in the front, 3 Calibud in the back. Pineapple are about 6.5-7 weeks, and Calibud about 4 weeks. 2nd pic is a closeup of one of the Pineapple plants and the buds. The 3rd pic is a view of the Pineapple Express plant that's biggest. I didn't train the Calibud nearly as much, that's why they're so much taller. Pineapple doesn't have a single tie down or anything though. Just used a little tape early on to help, and a lot of bending and stretching. 

Attached Files:

11. Looks amazing!

Im 2nd week into Flower....and what I dread the most is trimming up the ladies from all the unwanted "popcorn" where theres no light! I threw out a nice size pile of "could be someones" clones....I cant keep em!  Whatta bummer! 

Im still feeding my ladies "transitional nutes"....another 2 days and Im a gonna jack up their flowering nutes!  they are getting thirstier by the day....BUDS ARE STARTING TO FORM!  WOOHOO! lol

What I like to do is cut all the top buds off the plant, and any of the popcorn, let it go a litttle longer under the light. It will let it fatten up a little making it a bit easier to trim. 

13. So you mean you cut the tops off and keep the cuts in the room with the lights still on the timer.

14. that just doesnt sound right....!  what ive been researching, (because this is my 1st grow...duh-lol) is that right before you harvest, your plants will look deathly yellow.....every last plant nutrient sucked out....!  

anywho...lol

Ive got a question....
    Ive noticed on my Hydroton is a white residue....salt residue im guessing...! 
    Heres what I plan on doing next....
    I am changing out my N/S tomorrow to "up" the nutes to full flower mode! and its now a good time to address this salt issue...
    Is it OK to flush/rinse out the Hydroton with Fresh R.O. to dissolve all the salts down and away and outta the N/S rez....let sit for a few 10 minutes and rinse some more with fresh R.O....then wipe out/clean as usual w/ N/S clean out...
    Is this OK to do? or should i just leave the salts and not fuck with anything...."DONT FIX SOMETHING THAT AINT BROKE"! LOL...

ANYONE? HeLp!

Yes, that's what I'm saying. The bud's aren't going to suddenly shoot up and get taller/bigger, but they will continue to fatten up a bit and plump up. Give's you more weight in the end. Otherwise many times your bottom buds will be much more airy instead of dense like the top nugs. It will help the lower buds that don't get as much light as little more time to ripen. That's what I like doing anyway. They do get slightly bigger too. 

Try "Clearex". It helps take away the salt buildup. 

16. I use house and garden Drip clean. Works very well

17. How long into flowering do you do this. Would lollipoping work???
    Was thinking of lollipoping myself. Also does the plant itself continue to grow or just the buds??

This actually sounds like it will work. The plant only buds or seeds in a effort to save itself.

You're mixing things up a little. Lollipopping I already did. I do that early in flower, usually the first 2-3 weeks from the flip. Basically just cut off all the lower stuff. Makes the top buds grow taller and bigger. Since those grow bigger there's still a few that don't get much light. YOu can cut tthem with the rest of the plant if you want, but I will usually leave them for a day or two. I'll cut all the fat, top buds that are done, and anything underneath that looks a little airy and underfinished, leave growing on the plant. Cut it in a day or two. They'll fatten up a little. Easy to tell. Whatever day you're ready to cut your plants, chop all the top off. You'll see some buds underneath that are whiter and less done while looking at the bud and trichs. Give those one's a couple more days and you'll gain a little weight on them. Obvioulsy won't be a lot or anything, but certainly will make a difference. Even just giving it a couple days, you'll see them get a little fatter and ripen up more.

19. Oh ok. Thought I had to lollipop in veg. Cool. This is great information. Will def use