extended dark period before flowering?????

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Magic M, Mar 24, 2014.

1. #1 Magic M, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2014
    I usually just go from 18/6 to 12/12 but i have heard some people say that they do a 24 or even 36 hr dark period when flipping to flower! is there any rhyme or reason to this method or is it just a bunch of malarky? any input would be greatly appreciated
     thanks in advance

2. #2 Skunky Monkey, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2014
    I have heard from old school style growers new growers and the internet that generally it doesn't really do much apart from increase stretch a little and possibly stressing your plants. 

May work, something i used to do but stopped as i saw no real results a lot of people seem to think it speeds up the flowering process maybe it does with some strains haven't seen major results myself. .

3. cool thanks for the reply! just sent my new batch to flower & missed that opportunity anyways! I've been growing for years and always just flipped straight to 12/12 with great results but the reason i ask is becauSE I JUST RECENTLY STARTED a scrog & also topping with phenominal results so sometimes new methods work out sometimes they dont!!! doesnt hurt to ask

4. thanxs. makes perfect sense!!! looks like this will be a very short thread!!! lol