DWC setup in a grow box with CFLs need help

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by jungleflower420, Mar 24, 2014.

1. #1 jungleflower420, Mar 24, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2014
    guys please check this out let me know how you see this set up! 

its a 10 gal reservoir..i have 8 net cups but i dont think 8 plants would fit all at once, i have 4 100 watt cfls ..  its about 3 feet tall and the reservoir fits just right theres no space around it.. is it big enought to grow a small plant? and i have a fan installed but i dont have any exhaust and i have noticed i gets pretty hot in there.. any suggestions? will leaving the doors a little open help remove the heat? or maybe just a hole on top?

Attached Files:

2. They are very small 100w lamps. They look more like 20w lamps. Are you sure about that? You could grow 8 plants technically, but I recommend growing just one. A plant can grow several extra feet after switching to 12/12.

About the heat, you need to instal an extractor fan to pull hot air out the top. With those small bulbs you could get away with a 4-5" computer fan installed at the top and another bringing air in the bottom

3. thanks for that!  so around 3' height if fine? and wow. i thought it was a fan blowing on the leaves, not actually pulling air from inside?.. and  do you think a couple of holes on top will do for heat and hot air to leave box? is around 3 feet high..
    and about the lights.. i checked and i think your right :/ .. they say  100 watt equivalent but 23 energy used in watts.. i have three 2700k and three 5000k .. but i can only put 4 at a time in my set up, hanging from top

4. can anybody else take a look and tell me what they think??

5. A fan blowing on the plant won't make any difference to the temperature, you need to pull warm air out and replace it with cool air. 3 foot of height is not ideal, but certainly doable. I suggest installing a ScrOG screen, this will keep the height down while it's vegging.

92 watts won't produce a lot of heat so you shouldn't have any major heat problems, but you will need some sort of forced heat exchange

6. so they are around 100watts from what i told you? ... and i was looking at that scrOG screen i saw you use it on that cheese! great job btw and thanks for posting the pictures! ..thanks for your help!

7. They use 23 watts each but it may say on the package that it puts out as much light as the equivalent of 100 watts of incandescent lamps. Incandescent lamps are not suitable for growing so it's irrelevant in this context.

23 watts x 4 bulbs is 92 watts. You should get around an ounce with that amount of light. If nothing goes wrong of course

Thanks for the compliment btw :)

8. better lights = better yield

9. what would you guys recommend to be the cheapest and most effective? i cant do HPS and MH because a dont have space to fit it all

10. get some t5 lights. Get some veg bulbs and some flower bulbs... check out keviboy420 grow. He uses them and has amazing results using it so far.

Sent from my Z930L using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Yeah check out my grow :)

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Grasscity Forum mobile app