If you were a bum, where would you live?

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Starfighter, Mar 23, 2014.

1. I be headn to Jamaica Mon..
    Warm days, cool nights and the chances are better to  meet a rich Suga Mama to sort out my living facilities.
    [​IMG]

2. The beach

Sent from my LGMS323 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. white mountain national forest in NH. big enough that you could actually migrate to another entire region of the park every few weeks to avoid a ticket, and you could even practice winter and alpine camping during the cold months. also of course many of the state parks in NH allow use of the facilities in the offseason, so should the mountain freeze you out there would actually be temps in the positive single digits at lower altitudes. if you could still get a job while living like that you'd be set, monthly expenses less than rent alone on a small studio apt. 

i honestly calculated once how much i would save doing this while making a decent full time wage, and it was astounding, be able to buy your very own home in a few years, or finance one within a year...

4. Hawaii man for fuckin sure. Hawaii

5. I like this but it tends to get really cold there. If I was a bum I'd probably not have a studio apt. I'd live in the woods. But it'd have to be really far off. I would try to live probably in Georgia in the mountains. Decently warm and a good amount of animals and fish. I wouldn't want to be a city bum.

6. norway

people with such an shit economic situation that they cant afford a place to live are given an apartment and vouchers for sustenance, and are put into work programs after time with councellors

social democracy master race, high taxes high standard of living

otherwise bermuda, chill on the beach all day, sleep in the jungles; no dangerous animals there

7. Beverly hills. I be knockin on doors askin for handouts. I'll even bet the jail cells have king sized canopy beds.

8. No doubt you've read "Into the wild" by Jon Krakaur? If not, you'd probably find it pretty interesting 

9. Under the closest bridge. Enjoy my Newly found freedom :p

10. The great outdoors of bc man, mountain man style living off the land in the deep wilderness!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. the Yukon panning for gold and growing for green bro 

12. I'd make a phone call and move in with a friend and split rent Lol.

13. Asheville, NC. The cops suck but there's a lot of homeless help such as free food and shelter almost 24/7

Live life to the fullest

14. Texas and florida are not friendly to bums, if you dont want to be killed before you learn the ropes new england is a good place, train hoping is easy and not as many gangs roaming as out west bum life. West has higher concentration of bums so dumpster dives and foraging bumming is all harder. Nothing is easy or fun about bum life, i thought it was all fancy fun and free untill i got jumped. Street life aint mothin to fuck with. Best advice i ever got was " take all this nice shit rub some dirt over it rip it tear it duct tape that shit up so no mother kills you cuz your sleepin bags better than his"

15. Keywest, Florida

16. When I was a bum I lived in the national forests n sold firewood to the campers n begged
    Did and indeed do good too I haven't ever been outta pot

17. Have however traveled EVERYWHERE cause why not no bills bummin it ya lnow

18. #79 snoopdog6502, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2014
    I would go hang out in the U district in Seattle. Sleep out by green lake.

19. Dug inna arroyo seco nexta 134 freeway in pasadena CA n pitched 2 HUGE 15 oz canvas sibley tents with a pair of sheephearder woodstoves, camo netting, 2 pits n a fierce one armed crackhead a junkie indian from Barstow n ironically a hetero trannie (had a hot girlfriend weirdo but good homie)for a village when I was homeless doin stucco full time