whats wrong with my plants?Nutrient lockout?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by gaso22, Mar 22, 2014.

1. Im in mid flowering and my plants don't seem to be growing correctly..I recently started using R.O water compared to regular sink water..I don't know if my normal dosage per gallon of nutrients would have changed or what...Im thinking what im seeing is a nutrient lockout..

Attached Files:

2. You need some cal/mag. RO water doesn't have anything in it. If you have well water just use that but if you use city water use ro water with cal/mag

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. I do use cal mag..5ml per 1 gallon of water ..I just started using RO water.not sure if the dosage is suppose to be less per gallon compared to the dosage compared to a gallon of city water..

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. to me it looks like a possible phosphorus deficiency due to the fact that the effected leaves are the larger fan leaves at the bottom of the plant and because of the reddish purple coloring on the leaves and petiols which from what i've read phosphorus deficiency causes!!!

your normal dosage of nutes would stay the same now that your using ro water tho there are soft water nutes on the market which is better to use when using ro water which in effect is soft water, i think you could get away with using your nutes your using now till the end of your run but if you still plan on using ro water for your next run and beyond it might be an idea to look into some soft water nutes from there on out!!!!

i dont claim to be an expert and am still learning mt trade!!!!! 

5. I'm using botanicare ... I've noticed only 2 of 8 are showing the dificancy all get fed the same

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. with out actually knowing what factors may have caused it due to little information on your part i would say its not the food itself your using that has caused the problem but possibly the soils ph for what ever reason in those 2 pots are either to high or to low causing a lock out of what possibly looks like a P deficiency!!!

i myself would buy if you dont already have a good soil and coco probe tester as you can also use it for future runs too to test your soil ph to see whether infact that is causing the deficiency, you can try a ph run off test which many people do but i dont advise it myself as i feel that the water run off test gives incorrect ph readings!!!

if infact you do test your soils ph and its not at the correct range then you'l have to flush your plants and correct the soils ph and suppliment your plant with a phosphorus suppliment!!!!!
    if you decide to correct ph if its out of range and only give it a flush without supplying a P suppliment it will take longer to correct the plant deficiency than if you had of supplied the suppliment and that goes for any deficiency!!!!

also im not 100% sure that it is a phosphurus deficiency tho thats what its possibly looking like to me so if anyone else would like to confirm whether or not it looks like it to them then that would be helpful before you go adding any suppliments!!!!! 

7. It is phosphorus deficiency but its no biggie. I don't feed much in bloom and let it ride. it could use a shot of bloom formula.