Good Hood/Drug Movies?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Wheeler420, Mar 22, 2014.

1. The Town. It's a bit different than what everyone else is describing, but it involves drugs and a lot of violence. Good movie.

2. Traffic, blow, requiem for a dream is a weird one with marlon wayans

3. dead presidents is another one of my favorites....big roller coaster ride, didnt seem to get many good reviews but check it out nonetheless.

4. Empire, blow, 4 brothers(bit different but great, sure most have seen it though.)

5. Blow is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Blow is awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

If I'm interpreting you correctly, could a clockwork orange fit into that criteria then? i mean the droogs are a gang running around tearing shit up (understatement)

8. Not hood movie but my favorite bud/video game movie would be Grand Mas boy. 

9. That movie was WAAAAYYY before my time

10. Coach carter movie never gets old or loses its meaning

Sent from my XT1080 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Trainspotting ... Leaving Las Vegas ... Smokin Aces .... 

12. Don't Be A Menace to South Central While Drinking Juice in the Hood

May not be the most accurate title but its a Wayne's brothers movie parodying 90s/00s hood movies. It's hilarious.

13. Squeeze,
    Fresh,
    Boyz in da hood,
    In too deep,
    Honestly someone should make a remake of tales from tha hood,i liked the storyline but was a pretty bullshit movie

14. Yeah i guess fucked up english kids have a more deranged sense of humour... i still question myself as to what the fuck did i just watch on that one.....

15. #35 Bubbashine, Apr 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2014
    Rollin' With The Nines was good but got a shit rating on IMDB it's not a bad film! 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-UY5VgHHXA

Some others having just scaned my film list Shottas, Menace 2 Society, Waist Deep, State Property, Boyz n The Hood, Clockers, Juice, ATL, New Jersey Drive, Strapped, Colorz of Rage, Sugar Hill, Thicker Than Water, Lockdown, New Jack City, Colors, City of God, 

Gangster's Paradise: Jerusalema was a really good film I think!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0d5KdM4tzvI

16. Can't believe the thread got this far without any mention of American Me or Blood In, Blood Out. The two best gang/prison films of all time.

17. Damn good point American Me was a sick film! How did I not put that in my list wtf.

18. #38 El Duderino, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2014
    City of God (subtitles throughout unless you know Portuguese)
    Kids
    and the last 8 posts!

19. #39 MrTRAPPER1017, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 13, 2014
    This is a good movie.      ill Manors
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=1hfxWjUcbzs

20. Speakin of Blow, George Jung is supposed to be gettin released from prison the end of this year. Only served a small fraction of his long ass sentence, lucky bastard.