First Time Grow - Our Seedlings Need Some Love

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by nothinglost7, Mar 22, 2014.

Thanks Magic. I appreciate it.

2. Here's some updated photos from this morning.

I raised the lights up a little bit and rotated the 2 affected plants closest to the fan.

IMG_3025.jpg

IMG_3028.jpg

3. those girls are really starting to take off

4. ^^^ Thanks!!

We are proud parents. :)

5. Here's a few updated photos that I took this evening.

New growth looks very healthy so I am not too worries about all of the leaves that are drying and curling.

The more and more I've read about foliar spraying, it seems as though I have made my 2nd amateur mistake......

I sprayed the plants in the middle of the light period and I also didn't do a fine mist. So I am pretty sure that these ladies have light burn simply from the spray.

If anyone has any thoughts or opinions on how they look I would really appreciate it. :)

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398479871.831767.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398479903.697325.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398479956.197507.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398480003.663782.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398480024.480712.jpg

6. #46 Magic M, Apr 26, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2014
    I can see some light burn for sure but it also looks like you have some kind of deficiency! you should look in the sick plant section to see if you can find what it is! see the dark green veins... that looks like possible iron or magnesium def.! 
    I spray / lights on all the time but i raise my lights for awhile after I do! & you do want a fine mist!also depends on what your spraying them with
    if you look in my journal you will see that the colors are uniform! if its a mag def you can simply add reg. epsom salts @ a rate of 1 tsp. per gallon of water! 1 or 2 treatments a week apart will take care of that!as far as iron goes you can look up a solution easy enough!

7. Thanks Magic I appreciate it.

I was leaning towards a Calcium and/or Magnesium deficiency but everything I've read states that the new growth will appear affected by it as well. Hmmmm....

I haven't given any nutrients/fertilizer to the plants at all as I simply wanted to learn how these grow naturally. Looks as though I may have to feed them some food after all.

I have a whole nutrient line of organic fertilizer. I suppose now is the time to check it out. ;)

8. ya they will do way better with some food!!! I dont know anything about organics but there is alot of guys on here that do! if you ask they will help or just look in the organics section. good luck brotha

9. Well alrighty then. Sounds like a plan.

Breakfast shall be served. ;)

10. Okie Dokie. 

Just watered the ladies, this time with a little something extra for their well being.

General Organics - CaMg+ (Cal/Mag Supplement)

Here's hoping for healthier plants.

:) 

11. Oh! I almost forgot.

We started germinating a new batch of seeds this morning as well.

A few OG Kush and a few more Bagseeds.

:)

12. Here's a question I have yet to see in my research.

Are the deficiency effected leaves generally cut off of the plant or are they left on?

I don't want to jump the gun and clip them off without knowing the better practice.

In the garden I simply cut off any leaves/branches of my various veggies that end up with problems.

Here's some updated photos.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398651396.827442.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398651439.643239.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398651469.426462.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398651496.959876.jpg

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398651534.192376.jpg

And here is a more clear shot of the pistils on that last plant.

ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1398651605.559659.jpg

13. I would personally leave them , 1 of my godbud had the same problem & its fine now ! those other leave's are energy for the plant! have you tried epsom salts ? what are you feeding them? have you checked your ph & ppm? 

14. Yes that does look like too much phosphorus and a magnesium deficiency.

Epson salts, teaspoon per gallon of water and no nutes for a while.

15. Thanks for that Magic. I would have just clipped them right off just like tomatoes. As for the pH readings, I have to go out and get a real pH meter tomorrow. I was relying on the strips that you swirl in a cup of water so now is the time to upgrade.

16. Thanks for the info snoop.

I'm going to grab Epsom salts tomorrow as well.

They haven't been fed nutrients at all this far in their life. The only thing besides water that they have been fed is 1 tsp of General Organics CaMg+ in 1 gallon of water. Split between all 3 plants yesterday.

I had wanted to go through this whole grow without using any nutrients so I could learn how these plants grow naturally (in an artificial environment).

Do you think it is still a good idea to stay away from nutrients or will they need them because of the stress from the phosphorous and magnesium issues?

I apologize if I sound naive on some of this stuff, I'm learning as I go. :)

17. No you have to feed, just go light.

you have a nute lock up issue and PH could be key to turning it around.

I cheat with my soil plants, they get a shot of hydro solution once in a while and love it.

18. i use general hydroponics with good results

19. Thanks.

pH meter here I come. Hehehe.

According to the chart on the nutrients box it recommends feeding these other nutrients at this time in the Veg Stage. (Week 3)

Bio Thrive 4-3-3
    CaMg+
    Bio Root 1-1-1 (root booster)
    Bio Weed 0.2-0-0.3 (seaweed)

Should I use these nutrients next watering and do half strength?

20. #60 Magic M, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2014
    I dont have any experience w/ those nutes so I cant say how they will work or how to mix & distribute them! I'm a GH guy