got a 27 fine for smoking a blunt in my hotel room

Discussion in 'General' started by Crawfordthedank, Mar 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Crawfordthedank, Mar 21, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2014
    I was in Seattle and I arrived late at night found a hotel and rolled up a monster blunt and sparked it up. 5 minutes later I notice a knocking coming from outside. "Excuse me.... Excuse me can you open up please." "Ahhh hold on a second" I ashed my blunt jammed it into my mouth and took a long drag. There was no reason for me to hide the blunt since the room already reeked of cannabis. 

I open the door chewing on my big blunt puffing away. "SIR!.. you can not be smoking that in there. Its against our policy." While she is telling me this smoke is pouring into the hall way and there are families walking by my door and the whole place smells of some dank ass weed. So the cops got called and they gave me a ticket.

Should I try and appeal it? because I am a medical marijuana patient. 

2. IMO. No.

If I was anti-pot and had a guest over my house that happened to be medical marijuana patient and smoked in my guest room, I'd fucking kick him out.

My property, my rules.

3. #3 MooseyPoo, Mar 21, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
    For a $27 dollar fine, I wouldn't really bother. Not every place is smoke-friendly, just let it slide, homie.

More trouble than it's worth, just light up another fatty blunt!

:smoking:

4. It being medical doesnt give you the right to smoke out the whole hotel

5. You got lucky some hotels have a policy and can give u a 100-250$ charge for smoking anything in your room, be happy you got off with 27$.

6. Perhaps next time ask the hotel's policy on smoking? 

7. #7 walterbishop, Mar 21, 2014

This. Private property is private property. MMJ doesn't mean much in that situation. Same reason why you can't light up a joint in the grocery store.

I say best to quit while your ahead. $27. is a small price to pay. Next time be more stealthy with your smoking method. The MMJ excuse gets a bit shaky when you're consuming your supposed medication out of a big fat cigar like Snoop Dog. Lol...

[​IMG]

8. #8 8ight, Mar 21, 2014
    $27 and you were even sort of a dick about it? Dude, just pay and realize how good you have it... people have gone to jail for less than what you did. 

9. Lol. One year I was renting a place kinda like a hotel with 4 friends. We left our oil rig and torch out, thinking no cleaners were coming till the next day. But the cleaners came while we were gone. There was a note warning us we would get a 250$ fine if they found it again. They also stole a couple dabs from us lol bastards.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. next time get a smoking room

11. #11 Crawfordthedank, Mar 21, 2014

But isn't my room in the hotel private technically?

My friend works at a hotel in the seattle area and their policy is, they have to allow medical patients to smoke even if there are complaints because its a medication and the hotel isn't supposed to tell people they can't medicate. 

I did stink up the hotel but that wouldn't have happened to the extent it did if they didn't knock on my door and let me smoke my blunt. 

12. #12 Slavakonov, Mar 21, 2014
    They have rooms for both smoking that are fit with ventilation, and rooms that are not. I assume you picked the latter and they never offered you the former, or they dont have them.

Just pay the fine $27 is nothing

13. Not very medical when it's wrapped in a blunt lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Fi

14. moist tower under the door + smoke buddy and youre set. youre lucky you dont live elsewhere. youd be in jail.

this...and you will have a tough time convincing ANYONE, that a BLUNT is medical in any way (tobacco curing or helping anything, oh come on...)
    ....hell, the hotel may have been pissed you had burning TOBACCO in the room...

16. #16 gentleman, Mar 21, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
    this is a troll thread but

no you douche

you're lucky you get to use a loophole at all

people like you ruin it for everyone

17. For some reason when I read the OP I pictured Dave Chappelle saying "SIR!" as Clayton Bigsby  :laughing:

Bad vid but you get the idea 

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ-LPJTMw3g[/youtube]

18. When I went to Montreal we just smoked bowls while hanging out the hotel window, worked fine for us :D

People on the street would look up and give us weird looks though lmao  :laughing: 

19. And be thankful you weren't arrested like you would have been here in the UK

20. I have never once been caught smoking out a hotel...And I'm pretty fuckin' careless when I'm high as shit.

Pizzas and shit getting delivered to the hotel, "Yeah, dude...That's mine too." :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.