Aero cloner to ebb flow

Discussion in 'Aeroponics' started by holyreefer, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Hey guys i have a 25 site aero cloner & once the clone take roots I have been using 3x3x4 rockwoll cubes but I'm noticing after I put the 25 into the table they tend to not survive. Is there an easier process to this?

I just did a run & out of the 23 that rooted I'm now down to 16 & out of the 16 12 look good so now I'm down to 50%

2. #3 JCave, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2014
    I use aero cloner to ebb and flow table also, I run no rockwool, plants in netpots with hydroton on a empty table covered with panda plastic.

How do the plants look? Do you have any new growth when you moved them to the table?

3. Well they seem to not adjust well at all.
    I'm down to 12 now since yesterday. the ones I removed seemed not to be growing at all.

The apperence :
    Hunched over, leaves dying off, stems not completely standing straight up.

Let me also ask why when I use the net pots & hydro ton is my survival rate terrible?
    Can you explain what you do from aero cloner to net pot/hydroton. Well they are already in the net pots from the cloner. Do you add the hydro ton after hey root & soak in soup then put on table? Please explain

4. Forgot the mention I was only feeding water in the cloner & the nutes were only at 200ppm via big grow & cal/mg on the flow table flooding twice a day for 30mins

1st flood time-545pm
    2nd is set for 400am

5. I am still new to ebb and flow but this is what works for me.

After the roots are long enough from the aero cloner. I put them into 5in net pots, I carefully bury the plants roots with hydroton.
    Then I put the net pot in my flood table. (no hydroton in the table that way I can flood 15mins on, 45mins off, 24 floods a day)

How long are they in the cloner, how long are they in the table?

Also when you move them from the cloner to the table you might get transplant shock, droppy leaves, the plant will kill off the leaves as it is using them as energy to grow more roots, at this time while the plant is killing the leaves off you will may not see any new growth.

Don't remove any plants from the table, unless they are shriveled up and drying.

6. Ok after reading more & more tables come to realize I wasn't flooding the table enough times in a day twice a day for 30mins in a 18hr schedule wasn't long enough. Now I have it flooding 4 times a day and see improvement