United for care concerns

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by DroMontesino, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Waddup blades. I'm a Floridian and a proud supporter of MJ. If you've heard, Florida got amendment 2 on the November ballot, now we have the opportunity to vote in Medical MJ. I recently contacted united for care with a basic concern. At this point, I'll go ahead and copy paste the email and reply:
    Me: Hello there, and thanks again for the campaign you've put together for us floridians. I myself am a health care worker, and a decade+ long sufferer of scoliosis and back pain because of it. I'm very happy with the progress thus far and I'm pretty excited about this coming election. Although I do have some concerns. In the ballot language, it does not specify who (the citizens or politicians) can amend this if passed. In other words, can the citizens of Florida, at a later date, vote for the opportunity to cultivate their own medicines (without political interference)? I know this will bring in huge business opportunities for those who can afford it, but many folk, myself included (full time college student and father) won't be able to afford to buy medicines at full price. I have been to out of state dispensaries and was surprised by the cost of the medicine. Will this be the case in Florida? Thanks again in advance for your help, and all that this campaign has done to date. Hoping to hear back soon.
    They replied:
    The Department of Health will be the one who decides this once the amendment passes. We weren't able to include all of those details in the amendment ballot language, but there will be pages of regulations written after the amendment passes.

We want to thank everyone involved in this campaign - particularly our staff, donors, petition collectors and volunteers - for making this possible. But we can't stop for a minute - an even greater task is at hand. We must make sure that at least 60% of Florida voters support the Amendment come November 4th.

If you can help us with different tasks and events, please volunteer at the link below:
    Www.unitedforcare.org/volunteer

If you still have questions many of them can be answered at www.unitedforcare.org/FAQ

Thank You,

United for Care
    Www.unitedforcare.org

So is it just me, or did this come off as a generic answer? Not trying to be picky, but if we vote this in, we can't even amend it to be able to cultivate, we have to wait for politicians to make it happen. Sorry about the long post.

Fuck your French, and excuse my Ebonics....

2. That's usually how our system works, it's sad but get used to it

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. don't forget the whole point is to get Morgan's employee Crist elected Gov of FL, Take what we can get because without them this wouldn't even been discussed.

Yes. Thank them for doing you a favor. What a joke.
    They figured out how to cash in on the fl people but that is ok.

5. I agree with your smug ass remark but this is how it's going to happen

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. This truly saddens me. There's always a catch. Let's just hope we don't have to pay 60+ an eighth, since these politicians will probably never let us cultivate.

Luckily in Florida we have the initiative process that doesn't require politicians to pass the laws we want. How do you think we're voting this November on mmj? Not because of any politician in Tallahassee.

If it saddens you so much, YOU can do something about it. You can start you own petition and gather the signatures required to put a measure on the Florida ballot. Not saying that doesn't take a lot of work and money, just that you can do something about your sadness.

8. #8 SaltyWarDog, Mar 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 22, 2014
    November is going to be awesome and when we shove this bill down everyone's throat in the capital till they accept it.
    It seems people want to go for the knockout but full legal is a long road and along that road the right to grow will be allowed.

9. I hear you bro, things do take time. I'm just bummed about not being able to grow my own meds. Nothing's perfect, I get it...
    I'm not trying to complain about it and start my own petition, I'm just stating how I felt when I got that reply from united, but I'm still voting for amend2. Even the smallest step is progression. Hopefully, if passed, in a few years from now, we floridians can produce our own meds.

10. I agree I really want to grow. There are a lot more negative people here on other threads. I said I don't trust Morgan but legal for medical is a great start since any condition could be interpreted by a Doc. Don't vote for Charlie crist he's Morgans pet

11. Yes Crist is, but it's better than pRick Scott (remember the "bong ban"). What's the other option? Lol

12. For sure don't vote for that scum either. Hoping for a half decent independent candidate

13. Yes, I've always been registered as an independent. It only sucks during midterm elections.

14. I'm republican but been a democrat on the card too. Its so I can vote for candidates and crap, it never works I switched so I could vote for Ron Paul I'll stay one so I could do the same for the next bunch of guys for 2016 and state votes too. Hopes and dreams

15. lol I hear you man