My mom is extremely ignorant,

Discussion in 'General' started by BugPoop, Mar 19, 2014.

1. My mom thinks people literally smoke weed then come home and beat their wife and kids. She says it's just as bad as alcohol or pills because it's a drug. And drugs are bad. Well she was drinking a cup of tea at that time with sugar in it and I said "tea and sugar and coffee are drugs." She said "what?? Tea is an herb." I was like wow really? "Marijuana is an herb too and she doesn't believe me. A while back my aunts friend was sick, and she told us drugs messed up his liver. So now my mom thinks marijuana messed up his liver. Smh. She read somewhere online that marijuana may be the leading cause of lung cancer, and believes it. How can someone be so misinformed and ignorant to facts?? Everything I told her, I could've backed it up with evidence, but she doesn't wanna hear it. I told her how Obama made a speech about marijuana being "no worse than alcohol", but she doesn't believe me.

Oh yeah, she also said that I have a one track mind about marijuana and I'm being very closed minded. It's like, GTFOH , you hypocrite. Look up some facts, do some research.

Sent from my iPhone using Weed

2. I would tell your mom to go fuck herself. then throw a roach in her face. Then shit in her cereal.

The holier then thou attitude about marijuana facts and denying them is pretty prevalent in many Americans today, a product of government control, at the very least you can be happy with the fact that you are smarter then your mom.

3. Yup that's about the definition of ignorance. Having the facts but refusing to acknowledge them.

Some people aren't ever going to change. That's a given. But something to remember is that your her heir. Your the one that will continue on. You are her legacy to this earth and you are aware of the truth (on this specific matter). So know that through you. Her ignorance will die.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity F

4. Go to her and be like "Why should I listen to or believe anything you say about marijuana when you wont listen to or give my side any consideration?"

5. But don't get me wrong , lol I love her to death. She's my mom, always been there for me.

6. What would y'all do??

7. I've never actually met any of these people in real life. I grew up in So Cal so I understand why I didn't there. But even here in shit-town, Arizona I don't meet them. Thank god!

8. turn 18 first and then move out  :confused_2:

9. My mom always compared a Bottle of vodka to me after I smoked a bowl. I would always pretend I was dying or having a seizure; would always piss her off

Sent from my iPhunny using Grasscity Forum appster

10. Drugs is to her what conspiracy theories are to most anybody who hears the words, "Conspiracy Theories."  They all immediately think of the tinfoil hat cat guy who lives in a trailer home.  

11. Bro I'm 20 lol. Don't have the means to move out right now as I don't get paid very my at my current job.

12. sorry for assuming

Man thats the shitty thing about living at home

gotta put up with that shit 

13. When she said something about the "reefer madness effect" I'd of said "I'm stoned off my ass right now and the only thing I've killed was that large box of cereal in the kitchen".

14. Shit, she probably blazes the finest herb... just trying to keep you focused on society so you can make money for her to smoke more herb.

15. There's nothing you can do. My mom use to be the same way. I told her I smoked when I was about 17, and she said it was going to ruin my life. 6 years later and I'm about to graduate college, and I still smoke, shes knows that, and it has changed her opinion on the subject.

Be kind to your mom, it seems like she loves you. Many people have been misinformed because of our culture, so don't purely blame your mother. She just wants what's best.

16. Hey OP it's not all bad. My mom is straight up racist to the bone yet somehow managed to fuck a black guy 22 years ago. Remember that your mom may be set in her views, so you got to bring her round slowly. A good thing would be, when you come home high, try your hardest not to strike her...

If she really believes all that stuff though I'm not sure what you can do.. Keep plugging away, be defiant, or pretend you've quit. Or kill her.

17. Another victim of Reefer Madness. For some, there is no hope. Just try to show her evidence, if she doesn't want to hear it, she doesn't want to hear it. 

18. Goddamn Nancy Grace, fucking up the minds of the baby-boomers..

19. gotta show her hard facts about it. tell her that her coffee is more addicting than weed and tht theirs withdrawls when you stop drinking coffee like headaches as im sure she knows, but with weed Zero withdrawls if you stop smoking. honestly she just has to do her research, but an ignorant person is just going to find bullshit that "supports" her view on the plant already, she wont truly understand till you pass her a joint