Vaporizer experts please share opinion

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by Yoda, Mar 19, 2014.

1. #1 Yoda, Mar 19, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2014
    High Folks...

Yoda here, Im going to be placing a order and thought id ask you pros about these two products as I haven't used them, I have tried the aolite small hand held vape a few years back and loved it,
    But I see they have these pens now and they look easier to hide and such..

Please share any recommendations you may have, its appreciated blades and bladies..

These are the two Im looking at

http://www.grasscity.com/us_en/trippy-stix-concentrate-vaporizer-silver.html#.UyhkmL7D9OQ

<a>\\</a>

Im going to order a few so I want to make sure Im making the right choice...

Thanks folks..

Yoda

2. just realized these things are for concentrates.. fuck..i need a regular one as I don't do the concentrates..

3. I am by no vape expert butt I've read good things about 2 dry herb pen vapes on this site.

T vape

Grasshopper. Not out yet.

4. ^^ That !!

5. Hey Yoda! Wanna talk vape pens? I'm your man, as you can tell from my profile pic lol.. 
    Listen bro, vape pens (mods) are one of the greatest things to ever happen in my own opinion and I can't recommend them enough. Not only was I able to quit smoking ciggs, but I also invested in quite the variety of atomizers, tanks, and clearomizers, to suit different products like dry herb, concentrates, and e-liquid. The e-liquid is basically glycerine, and a small amount of flavor concentrates, and I'm sure you already know that THC is very soluble in glycerine, so making THC infused e-liquid is one of my favorite things to do.  
    If I can save you the amount of money I wasted over a year of buying and trying different tanks and atomizers then I will do so the best I can, so here it goes.. 
    Not sure where you shop, but if you search these recommendations in ebay, you will find everything you need. 
    First, you need a mod. They are the main "tube" that holds the battery. The most versatile mod you want to get is one that holds a 18650 battery. Those batteries WILL give you the strongest, most powerful vape and last a whole day maybe 2 days on a 4 hr. charge. You will want a 18650 mod with a 510 thread. A 510 thread is important because it is also the most most versatile thread for most tanks, domes, and atomizers. I have about 10 mods that all have 510 threads. These mods shouldn't cost you more than 50 bucks, you can get a decent one for around 20. 
    If you are a cigarette smoker and want to quit, we can talk about atomizers and clearomizers, but I don't want to derail your thread so we will stick to the "green" tanks. 
    For dry herb, I use the "Rocket RDA" (search for "rocket RDA clone) and the "Nimbus RDA dual coil". These will run you about 10-15 bucks each. But they will last a lifetime because you can easily replace the coils, or even build your own coils and have more control over the voltage and ohms, giving you a custom vape. Got that sticky-icky? You want to max out at 1.8-2.0 ohms. Did you bud dry out too long or did you forget to put the lid on the jar? You will get a very smooth vape at 2.0-4.0 ohms. The lower the ohms, the higher the resistance. The higher resistance tends to vape the highest temps. But this is for when you really get into the hobby. For now, you just want to vape and get into it so don't even worry about all that resistance/ohm stuff now because no matter what your coils are set at, it will still produce vapor. 
    You might want to buy a spool of "Kanthal 28 guage ribbon wire" for 10 bucks so you can replace your coils when they get too caked, but that don't happen for a while. I would post links to all this stuff but I'll have to take a look at the rules again on this forum. 
    Here's some pics man, and please, any questions, I'll be more than happy to help. These things are great and it's a great feeling every time I turn a family member or friend on to them, usually to quit smoking ciggs. But as long as you get a mod with a 510 thread, you can switch your tanks from a liquid clearomizer, to a dry herb atomizer, to a wax/oil dome, all while using the same mod. 

This is the "Nimbus RDA". Inside, it's got 2 coils that turn red when you fire it up. In sense, you could put just about anything on those coils and it would burn. It's easy to clean out too, a few taps on a hard surface and all the burnt up material falls right off the coils. 
    IMG_20140117_163036.jpg
    IMG_20140123_194926.JPG
    Here's a pic of SWIM vaping kief and BHO out of the Nimbus on a Caravela 510 mod, they look good together I think.. So much metal, people take you serious when you tote around so much shiny metal instead of a plastic piece of shit..
    IMG_20140120_151943.JPG
    Here's the wifey's rig.. she don't smoke weed like I do, so her's what just to quit smoking cigaretts, and it worked. Just had to get her something "girly" that she would enjoy using ;)
    IMG_20140317_125005.JPG
    Here's my collection of rigs. Iv'e got more tanks and atomizers but here is the display I love to look at every day..
    IMG_20140317_125037.JPG
    This is the "Kracken RDA" dual coil. You see what I mean about building your own coils? I built these coils to cater to thick liquids such as THC infused glycerine. The typical e-liquid most people use in everyday e-ciggs is thinned out with water or proplyne glycol so it wicks up to the coild easily. The THC infused liquid I make comes out VERY thick so I build the coils accordingly and used "steel wire mesh" as opposed to silica wick to draw up the liquid.
    IMG_20140123_205441.JPG
    Bro, this has become an awesome hobby for me, and it's a fun thing to do while being medicated. I'll post up some more pics too..  

6. #6 Yoda, Mar 19, 2014
    good deal man.. thanks guys..

Im looking for something that is easy to hid, vapor doesn't stink nearly as bad as joints and Im a joint dude so..
    I can and do make my own hash and such but haven't really wanted to get into wax and the likes, as 30 years ove smoking I haven't had to yet so why start;...lol

damn dude I had no clue there was so much to these pen things..

I just want one that does bud, and is easy to upkeep and maintenance

and im really trying to buy it from the city's head shop.

7. If you look at this collection again, the second one in from the left, and third one in from the right (silver and blue ones) are the "Rocket RDA's" I use for dry herb, as you can probably see by the visible resin build up inside the glass. 

The second one in from the right is the "Nimbus RDA" that works amazing for concentrates but will also work great with dry herb.. 

4th one in from the right is my "Kracken RDA" that I customized for heavy, thick liquids such as my THC infused glycerine.. 

IMG_20140317_125400.JPG

8. I've got to say Yoda, as someone who started out with an Iolite, skip all of these and get the MFLB, it's the best small, stealthy herb vapes on the market. 

9. #9 LegalMedicalGrower101, Mar 19, 2014
    Thats great you want to support the store, I'll have to take a look at the products there and see what they got. Just try to stick with something you can replace the coils in, that has a rechargeable battery and a battery with POWER! 30amp 1600mAh is what I stick to for a battery, after wasting money on about 10 other batteries.

Also, buy them up now man, big tobacco is putting a LOT of time and money to get these things off the market. And so far, state by state, it's working. The are trying to create a monopoly on their "Blu e-ciggs" and the like all while wiping the good, quality vaporizers off the market.

Scary thing is, big tobacco has enough money and politicians in their pockets to make it happen. Suppliers have recently been getting their orders seized at customs and FDA has been cracking down on stores. It's fucked up man but it's nothing new to the politics game they play. Corporations run this shit. So buy your vape supplies while you can, before they are price gouged on the blackmarket.   

10. Mflb is best for stealth for sure. I've used mine lots of places without a notice.

I sure do love my solo though. For the price its hard to top it.

11. Iv'e had the MFLB, not bad, but it's been sitting in my drawer for months now. Started with the lolite hu? Yea that goes pretty far back, good to see a fellow vape enthusiast here that's been in it for a while. As for me, technically my first vape was when I discovered how 2 batteries and a little brillo pad strands can light up pretty damn good while I was serving a sentence back before we had medical laws.

After I was released, I tinkered with and made quite a collection of home made rigs with materials that were easier to acquire than what you can get your hands on in a cell block. Few years later, I found myself taking apart Blu's back in 2010 trying to make them a little more versatile to what you can smoke in them. (actually, they wern't blu's, but a very short lived e-cig that was only on the market for a year or so, can't remember the name of them, but the blu's came out a year or 2 later around 2012)

Then the e-cig market opened up, mods and carts. Back then, if a cop seen you vaping you can bet 100% you'll be having to answer some question. Now, it's about 50% as their use has been blowing up lately and becoming more relevant to society. I'm on the e-cig fourm and there's actually quite a few cops on there who vape themselves. It's good to see that happening. We need all the support we can get to keep these things available to the public. 

Now, almost 10 years after first tinkering with vape methods in a cellblock with 2 AA batteries and brillo strands, my feelings got a little hurt when you just "dismissed" all my rigs, (that;s if your "skip all these" comment was directed towards me). LOL you're looking at rigs that will last my entire life, I've been through all the marketing specific pens and such, been through the ego's and kandypens and the 710pens, their not bad rigs but iv'e personally found much better working devices that virtually CAN'T die or break on you. And what it all comes down to is a good battery and a good coil. Of course chamber size and materials used come into play, but as far as "vaporizing" in general goes, it's all the same concept, and you want something that will last, not melt,and also, something you can fix and maintain rather than having to buy another, and another, and another.. and when you don't spend all your money on going through marketing-specific devices one after another, you can actually save some of it!   ;)
    IMG_20140126_182006.JPG
    getmoney.png
    IMG_20140126_182006.JPG

Attached Files:

12. And yoda, I don't mean to overwhelm ya with my collection of rigs I posted, that's just my addiction to them. Just ONE of those would be great for dry herb, wax, liquid, whatever. You only need one good one, like the Nimbus I talked about, to vape whatever you want to vape. You don't need 20 of them like iv'e got, unless the hobby turns into an addiction like it did with me. ;)

13. I think he's looking more towards like pax or an pinnacle pro maybe and arizer solo

14. #14 sundaddy, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2014
    Yeah, the Iolite was my first decent vape, I actually started with a conduction vape from Graffix it was kind of a proto-type back in the late 90's my next vape was a Vapor Genie about 2006 or so. So yep, I've been vaping for a while. Glad you're out of the pen. BTW, I do have a Solo and indeed, all of the hype is justified.

15. So then solo or pinnacle pro? Which is better and why? Hey Yoda don't you usually hang in the science section? No doubt I've seen you around the forum

16. Thanks for all the input guys.. yeah im not looking for a hobby by any means, ]
    I grow.that my hobby..lol well and moderate here. and work and take care of my house and yard..

lol...

But that's why I asked you guys I knew you guys know the ropes and like legal said,
    I don't want to buy one over and over and over..
    I did order the new style iolite actually 2 of them,
    I used my buddies a couple years ago and loved the thing. so I thought id order them to get the ball rolling,
    but I still want a pen,

My weed stinks so bad I cant even have it in the car much less at work,
    to have a toke at lunch once in a while would be real nice im a engineer and have to deal with allot of people.
    I don't need people calling me cheech..lol

I have a digi vape with a bag and I love that thing, but portable it isn't..lol...

Im a moderator ...shit im everywhere although I do try to stay out of science and religion..lol

18. I know it's not a pen, but I really like the MFLB. Its size makes it stealthy even though it's not pen-shaped as you can easily hide it in the palm of your hand. Not to mention the fab warranty :)

It's good for reducing smell as well, as it only heats the herb while you're taking a hit.

im thinking that's you man not ur wife..lol.....   jk ..  :laughing:

20. #20 Greyfox16635, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2014
    I've seen you somewhere I know I have! Lol When did you become a mod man? Not to derail your thread continue.